Mike's Back!

Chris

Administrator
Not that I need to justify myself to you, but if I was looking for an argument I can think of better things to argue with El Supremo about.

Chris.

osh

Chris Stone said:
Not that I need to justify myself to you, but if I was looking for an argument I can think of better things to argue with El Supremo about.

Chris.
You certainly don't have to justify yourself to me at all ( I'm sure it would take too long anyway ) however, back to the question 'Who does play in a 1,000,000 seat arena ?

If you want to compare the Tent and an NHL Arena in terms of players wages etc I agree that you are talking about the equivalent of a 1 million seat venue as that signifies how far removed EIHL is from NHL type salariess

Its nice to see Mike back in a Devils Jersey. Would have been a shame to lose him to another Elite Side.

Pirps was good last season and you cant argue with the points/goals total.

Yes he had his bad games but doesnt everyone.

Im looking forward to him having another good year. Just hope we can get him a good few line mates now and rip this league apart.

Devils to Title or playoffs :D

Finny

osh said:
You certainly don't have to justify yourself to me at all ( I'm sure it would take too long anyway ) however, back to the question 'Who does play in a 1,000,000 seat arena ?
Carlisle Cowboys.

Sheincar

osh said:
Chris Stone said:
Probably not i'm afraid Kipper.

Prpich isn't an NHL star, we don't play in a 1,000,000 seat arena and we don't have a wagecap of $53,000,000 from our attendances of 1400. ( from a mod looking for an argument I'd say )

Shambles. ;)
Sarcasm really is the lowest form of wit. So to match your comment (tongue in cheek ) can you please let me know who does play in a 1,000,000 seat arena.

I also hope we are going to sign someone af a higher calibre than prps if we are serious about winning something next season. Prps would be a good 2nd line signing in my book.

Who says he's not?

osh

Sheincar said:
osh said:
Chris Stone said:
Probably not i'm afraid Kipper.

Prpich isn't an NHL star, we don't play in a 1,000,000 seat arena and we don't have a wagecap of $53,000,000 from our attendances of 1400. ( from a mod looking for an argument I'd say )

Shambles. ;)
Sarcasm really is the lowest form of wit. So to match your comment (tongue in cheek ) can you please let me know who does play in a 1,000,000 seat arena.

I also hope we are going to sign someone af a higher calibre than prps if we are serious about winning something next season. Prps would be a good 2nd line signing in my book.

Who says he's not?
I don't quite understand the questiopn but I'm saying he will be a good 2nd line signing. Sheincar, are you hoping for a higher calibre player than him for next season to go on a first line, because I certainly am.

Sheincar

I don't understand why you don't understand the question. You seem to be assuming he's a 1st line signing so you're disappointed but you don't know what his role will be any more than I do & yes I am a Prps fan who I feel is getting a rough deal on here.

Ocko

I'm agreeing with Sheincar I think Prpich is getting a rough deal on here.

I wont be disappointed if he is a first line player, obviously not the star player but put him with someone like Mark Smith and Deschatelets and I think that'll be a line to match anyones. Noone can moan if he is brought in as a first line player we had Sample playing on the first line 2 years ago :shock:

What does the fella have to do for fans to be grateful? He scored an amazing amount of points for what was expected of him, not a single fan can say they expected that total. I wouldnt even say he went 'missing' in games either, there were alot more players on that team that went 'missing' before him.

oh my god, can we please quit this conversation, its never going to get anywhere. Nowhere does it state that he is the 'No.1 guy' end of. Cant this thread be locked or something, its kind of run its course already.

I for one am glad to see Mike back, besides you have to get your number 1 ranked player back and he is that - he must have been doing something right to get all the points that he got and in my opinion a damn good player. Welcome back Mike :D

Chris

Administrator
oh my god, can we please quit this conversation, its never going to get anywhere. Nowhere does it state that he is the 'No.1 guy' end of. Cant this thread be locked or something, its kind of run its course already.
No :)

Not yet.

Chris.

Kipper

What I can't understand is this obsession with having a "star" player. One player cannot win games on his own no matter how good he is or how talented. Exhibit 1-Matt Elich. Undoubted talent but how well did he fit into the structure?

Would Beauregard have scored so many points without his two linemates? Would Mark Smith have been so productive for us if he had not been on the same line as Max Birbraer?

Coaches attempt to build a team around linemates that will complement each other not necessarily about accommodating one star player.

Kipper said:
What I can't understand is this obsession with having a "star" player. One player cannot win games on his own no matter how good he is or how talented. Exhibit 1-Matt Elich. Undoubted talent but how well did he fit into the structure?

Would Beauregard have scored so many points without his two linemates? Would Mark Smith have been so productive for us if he had not been on the same line as Max Birbraer?

Coaches attempt to build a team around linemates that will complement each other not necessarily about accommodating one star player.
People aren't saying we need one star player, instead people are saying we need 2 or 3 in order to keep up with the 'top 4' (or at least that's what I'm saying).

Prps had a quality season last year, i dont think anybody expected the points total he ended up with. An important part of the team and more than happy to see him back, its good that hes also still hungry and wants to improve from last season. I think the best is yet to come, 33 goals despite being injured and on different lines pretty much every wk.

Give the guy a break!!!!!

I wouldnt say we need an absolute "star" in the team but i think we are missing that go to guy who can step up when it really matters. Matt Elich against Belfast for example in the final home game, he dragged the team forward.

Foxy

Well with the echo piece today stating that Adams is trying to keep the Voth-Latulippe-Hill line together this must mean that Prpich is going to be on the 1st line. Unless of course our 2nd line becomes our 3rd line next season but don't think our wage cap has gone up by that much.

ASHIPP

Kipper said:

Spot on Kipper. :D So many people banged on last year about the Devils not playing as a TEAM but as a bunch of individuals - what do they think G is trying to do this year? To me, it looks like he's trying to retain a core of good players from last season's team and (hopefully) add a couple more to compliment that stability and consistency. If my memory serves me right, the Steelers have previously done exactly the same.
It would be very dangerous to recruit around one 'star' - what happens with injury? Far better to have strength and depth. All our re-signings have got that - add one or two more quality finishers and a solid netminder and the Devils will be up for the challege next season. :D

ps...It's true that Matt Elich was a 'star' but only because he had come from a far superior league than the UK. G didn't build the team around him and used him as a catalyst rather than a goalscorer.

Finny

Foxy said:
Well with the echo piece today stating that Adams is trying to keep the Voth-Latulippe-Hill line together this must mean that Prpich is going to be on the 1st line. Unless of course our 2nd line becomes our 3rd line next season but don't think our wage cap has gone up by that much.
I think you're right. At times though the Hill-Jay-Voth line was outperforming our supposed first line.
I have no problem with Prpich being on our first line - he is a very good player. What I and a couple of others were saying, was that we hoped he would be given linemates who would score even more than him.

That's no slur or Prpich. Not only is he a good goalscorer but he does the hardwork in the corners and along the boards to create chances for his linemates.
Remember when we had Max and Smithy with Sample on the right wing. Sample did well to create chances and work the boards - but when he was given a goal scoring chance he often missed. can you imagine Prpich on a line like that in Sample's place!!