Mike's Back!

Wannabe2

Great news well played Gerad, so glad to see you returning Mike, a great player to watch, hits, scores, and will drop the gloves. Got a good feeling about the coming season.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

Finny

Good re-signing by the Devils. I know for a fact he was recieving quite a bit of interest from some of the European Leagues, so it's reassuring to know that the club are able to fend off such advances from other teams.

I wonder whether we will be announcing the majority of our re-signings first, before we start on our new signings?

Great news, welcome back prps! I know some people are a bit concerned about his consistency but the fact that he was our top points scorer when not our intended goal scorer and second in pp goals says it all. Especially as we had a poor pp unit this season, I think him with an out and out goal scorer and we should be flying, thats and the netminder are the key signings over the summer for me.

DevilDom

I'm torn on this one. Mike can be a great player but does tend to go missing in some of the bigger games (i.e. playoff semi final). In the play-off semi, he was that bad that I thought he must be carrying an injury. If he shows more consistency then it is a good re-signing. I guess only time, and an injury free season will tell.

Gaz G

I think this is a good signing for us again but as has been said i think we must also sign another 30-40 goal a season man

Hmmm, I'm not sure about this signing. Prpich has shown that he can be a great player but also that he can be a pretty average one too. I hope that G hasn't signed him as one of our star players on star player wages. If he's not then I welcome him back.

Kipper

El Supremo said:
Hmmm, I'm not sure about this signing. Prpich has shown that he can be a great player but also that he can be a pretty average one too. I hope that G hasn't signed him as one of our star players on star player wages. If he's not then I welcome him back.
So we re-sign a guy who was our leading scorer and broke Mark Smiths' scoring record and we still get the negatives.Whether he has signed on star players wages or not is irrelevant, that is between Prps and G and quite frankly none of our bloody business. If it makes you happy, I heard he was signed on a fiver a week before stoppages but he is having the use of a club pedalo and possibly a television if he proves himself. Are you any happier now?

Chris

Administrator
Probably not i'm afraid Kipper.

Prpich isn't an NHL star, we don't play in a 1,000,000 seat arena and we don't have a wagecap of $53,000,000 from our attendances of 1400.

Shambles. ;)

Our multi-squillionare owner has promised G sky plus if he can get Luongo

Yes please. Take Luongo over Lyle anyday. :lol: Glad to see G has given him another chance and hope he can carry on his goalscoring record for another season. Hope to see him a bit more consistent for this season.

Whether he has signed on star players wages or not is irrelevant, that is between Prps and G and quite frankly none of our bloody business.[/quote]

Of course it's important or do you not understand how a wage cap works? If we spend star wages on him then that's less money we have to spend on a genuine star. Are you honestly telling me that players like Prpich are enough to win or challenge for a championship?

Sliput

El Supremo said:
Whether he has signed on star players wages or not is irrelevant, that is between Prps and G and quite frankly none of our bloody business.
Of course it's important or do you not understand how a wage cap works? If we spend star wages on him then that's less money we have to spend on a genuine star. Are you honestly telling me that players like Prpich are enough to win or challenge for a championship?[/quote]

BUT ...you dont know G is spending ''star wages'' on him.

Geez...you really are a pessimist arent you. :cry: :cry:

Sliput said:
El Supremo said:
Whether he has signed on star players wages or not is irrelevant, that is between Prps and G and quite frankly none of our bloody business.
Of course it's important or do you not understand how a wage cap works? If we spend star wages on him then that's less money we have to spend on a genuine star. Are you honestly telling me that players like Prpich are enough to win or challenge for a championship?
BUT ...you dont know G is spending ''star wages'' on him.

Geez...you really are a pessimist arent you. :cry: :cry:[/quote]

I'm really not. It's just that we had a really average/boring season and I'm hoping for a more entertaining team this year. Whilst at the playoffs watching Sheffield, Coventry and Nottingham I realised how far behind them we were last season (in terms of quality of player).

However, with an extra £1,000 to spend this season I'm sure G will be able to upgrade at least 2 or 3 of our players.