Matt Elich

ASHIPP

rolf said:
To be fair do we really covet McAllister ? Our D has been rock solid all season with one of the best (needed) PKs in the league. We have enough big tough guys as it is and not all of em poke out their chins. Both Hartwick and Jarvis have stepped up when needed but don't big it up, just there when you need em......
You're right, our Guys have been totally solid all season and I would love to see them all back next year. Only mentioned McAllister as part of the D line-up IF Tyson retired. McAllister has undoubtedly been one of the best defenders in the League this season. Suspect more folks than not would love to see him in their team. :)

rolf

Derby Devil said:
nmase20 said:
i wouldnt replace tyson with mcallister as hes a stay at home D man, we'd need to replace tyson with another offensive D IMO.
Likit Anderson ??? :lol: :lol:

Andwhat exactly was so wrong with Likit? As far as i recall he was injured and wanted to play sooner than the team doc recommended and got gassed as a result. Yet we could/and did keep both Campbell and Fulton all year with injuries that would not heal................

Gazza272

rolf said:
Derby Devil said:
nmase20 said:
i wouldnt replace tyson with mcallister as hes a stay at home D man, we'd need to replace tyson with another offensive D IMO.

Andwhat exactly was so wrong with Likit? As far as i recall he was injured and wanted to play sooner than the team doc recommended and got gassed as a result. Yet we could/and did keep both Campbell and Fulton all year with injuries that would not heal................

we were quite willing to keep Likit for the amount of time that our own doctors who had seen his injury up close had said that he would be out for. Likit decided to take his own medical advice from what i remember and as such breached his contract.

Likit also wanted to continue playing which is something G wasnt prepared to let happen due to the doctors saying he was injured.

I thought Likit was a fantastic player and was gutted we didnt get to see the best of him here. He was more of a passer than Tyson but he quarterbacked the powerplay superbly i thought, and i would have loved to have seen our offence with both Likit and Tyson on different lines.

rolf said:
Derby Devil said:
nmase20 said:

And what exactly was so wrong with Likit? As far as i recall he was injured and wanted to play sooner than the team doc recommended and got gassed as a result. Yet we could/and did keep both Campbell and Fulton all year with injuries that would not heal................
Nothing to do with playing abilities. It was his refusal to except the recommendations of some of the best experts in their field, who had physically examined him and took the word of another doctor over the phone who hadnt even examined him. Plus the fact he jerked G around delaying surgery x amount of times. G lost patience (quite rightly so) and gave him a months pay as thats how long Likit was adamant it would take to FULLY recover from a major ligament injury.

Sorry not the player I want on the team regardless of his abilities.

I think that a couple of the last post have gone off the topic stated!!
So i think that we should go back to the topic posted saying how a great player Matt is :D :D

A

Anonymous

conkeyy said:
argh, he might not be staying oh noooooooooooo :cry: :shock:
Regardless of looks he is a really good player and the last few weeks he has played an amazing game of hockey, if we do lose him oh dear ! But Im sure he'll get replaced by someone just as good if not better :D

A

Anonymous

MikeRichards18 said:
But Im sure he'll get replaced by someone just as good if not better
i hope so but its highly unlikely.
From the short time he has been here imo its clear hes better than this league.
He is better, you can see he has outclassed a few out there...you can smell he has NHL all over him :D Good player very good, would loved to see him stay for a few more seasons :D

rissnruss said:
conkeyy said:
argh, he might not be staying oh noooooooooooo :cry: :shock:
Regardless of looks he is a really good player and the last few weeks he has played an amazing game of hockey, if we do lose him oh dear ! But Im sure he'll get replaced by someone just as good if not better :D
What the hell has looks got to do with it :roll: