Matt Elich

TheStub said:
Cookies_naughtyboy said:
Latulippe Prpich Elich
Voth Hill Campbell
Davies Towe Silverthorn
I like the sound of that - that third line more than the others. I really think we haven't seen anywhere near the best of Towe, and that could be the one of the most productive third lines in the league.
i think Towe does not get the points he deserves though, he makes good defensive plays and brings the puck forward, he gets into corner and most games checks more than all out bigger players,

add the defence of
Hartwick Jarvis
Macaillister Teplitsky
Stone

that would be a team and a half lol

TheStub

Cookies_naughtyboy said:
i think Towe does not get the points he deserves though, he makes good defensive plays and brings the puck forward, he gets into corner and most games checks more than all out bigger players,

add the defence of
Hartwick Jarvis
Macaillister Teplitsky
Stone

I think we have treated Towe quite badly this season, or at least he has suffered the most from the injury cover.

He works hard, and always impresses me when I see him. But, the third line has been decimated most of the season.

Only problem with that line, aren't they all wingers?

Basically, we are saying here, we want this team back next season? :D Fit and healthy please.

What about a 10th forward? Another Brit? Franny again?

Finny

Going on the rumours of what the league might look like next year, how about a forward line of:

Birbraer - Smith - Elich
Hill - Latulippe - Voth
Top Brit - Towe - Prpich
Francis - Cowmeadow - Davies

TheStub

Four line hockey in the UK??

Looks way too good to be possible :lol: That would be a hard lineup to play against. Physical and skill :D

TheStub said:
Cookies_naughtyboy said:

add the defence of
Hartwick Jarvis
Macaillister Teplitsky
Stone

I think we have treated Towe quite badly this season, or at least he has suffered the most from the injury cover.

He works hard, and always impresses me when I see him. But, the third line has been decimated most of the season.

Only problem with that line, aren't they all wingers?

Basically, we are saying here, we want this team back next season? :D Fit and healthy please.

What about a 10th forward? Another Brit? Franny again?
nope first line Jay is centre 2nd line Maxi can play centre and 3rd line Towe and Silver are Centres

i would take the team finny has said :p

Wannabe2

Finny said:
Going on the rumours of what the league might look like next year, how about a forward line of:

Birbraer - Smith - Elich
Hill - Latulippe - Voth
Top Brit - Towe - Prpich
Dont think Cowie will be playing next year unfortunately.

Finny

Wannabe2 said:
Finny said:

Birbraer - Smith - Elich
Hill - Latulippe - Voth
Top Brit - Towe - Prpich
Dont think Cowie will be playing next year unfortunately.
Sad news if true. We only got glimpses of what he was capable of over the past season and a bit due to injury. He could still do a job on a 3rd or 4th line alongside Franny and some young brits.

ASHIPP

I'd definitely love to see McAllister playing for the Devils - we wouldn't just have a great D unit, we'd have an AWESOME D unit! :cool: Very useful if Tyson leaves us (praying he won't).
What about Derek Campbell (ours!)? Don't forget him in the forwards line up. Apologies to Franny for not mentioning him - I took it as a given that he'd be included as our utility player. :oops:

ASHIPP said:
I'd definitely love to see McAllister playing for the Devils - we wouldn't just have a great D unit, we'd have an AWESOME D unit! :cool: Very useful if Tyson leaves us (praying he won't).

Think you'll find we're too late on this one, strong rumours circling that he's already signed a big money contract for next season a few weeks ago with another team. :(

A

Anonymous

Not sure if I was over hearing an April Fools joke, but I'm not sure if we will have Elich next season :( I certainly hope it was a joke.

ASHIPP

Ting Tong Bob said:
ASHIPP said:

Think you'll find we're too late on this one, strong rumours circling that he's already signed a big money contract for next season a few weeks ago with another team. :(
Ting Tong - am I missing something important? :oops: Hope what you're saying is that McAllister has signed with someone else? We can live with that....we CAN'T live without Tyson!!

Tyson is an amazingly important player for us. Hopefully he see's the work he's doing with Comms Direct as important work for his CV and decides to stay here. If I remember rightly, he said when he returned that he would be retiring at the end of this year, hope that's not right!

As for McAllister, he had my vote in EIHL player of the year in the Inferno awards and to see him with us would be awesome. I've heard rumours though that he has signed at the Panthers.

Back on topic, I can't see Elich staying (sorry for being pessimistic). His body language sometimes looks as though he finds it very frustrating playing for us, hope I'm wrong as he has been instrumental in our recent run of good form.

Max

Wannabe2

Macallister is rumoured to be going to Panthers, Tyson is supposed to be retireing but hopefully will change his mind, only time will tell.

ASHIPP

Wannabe2 said:
Macallister is rumoured to be going to Panthers, Tyson is supposed to be retireing but hopefully will change his mind, only time will tell.
Wannabe - thanks for that. Know it's been rumoured that Tyson is retiring...but how persuasive can Matt and G be? Let's pray they can entice him to stay. Would imagine other teams are already heads up about Matt Elich - again Matt and G are going to have to be top negiotiators to keep him!

Its not rumoured about tyson, he stated it at the beginning of the season himself, but i hope we can change is mind, could really do with him next year. Although their is plenty of great players out their in europe and america for us to bring in if not.

drainage

nmase20 said:
Its not rumoured about tyson, he stated it at the beginning of the season himself, but i hope we can change is mind, could really do with him next year. Although their is plenty of great players out their in europe and america for us to bring in if not.

even if he could be persuaded isnt he getting married at end of year ? Assuming he gets married at home surely that means a month at least without him ? Doubt he'd change his wedding plans for us - thats asking a lot !!

Kipper

Last time I spoke with Tyson about it he was undecided what he would be doing in the future as the economic crisis has made starting a new career a lot more difficult now than it was 9 months ago. Hopefully he will decide to have another season with us.

rolf

To be fair do we really covet McAllister ? Our D has been rock solid all season with one of the best (needed) PKs in the league. We have enough big tough guys as it is and not all of em poke out their chins. Both Hartwick and Jarvis have stepped up when needed but don't big it up, just there when you need em......

As for Matt E, yep he has done us proud but also check when the #55 dog started skating again, I think that has played as much a part as anyone too. Okay so he's fat and breathes out his arse during the 1st period even, but by christ our intensity levels have upped since then too. And look at who he's flattened since being back - completey fairly as well.

Or maybe it is all down to Franimal's coaching acumen. I think that is the clincher myself...........

Pay Tyson whatever it takes, bring back Symo and then let the forwards compare points as to who's gonna stay or go - we all have our shake on it and thank the hockey gods for that.