Kelman comments on Hendrix

Status
Not open for further replies.

mweller

I also sit in Block 8. I can assure you that the booing, calling out ' Cardiff reject' etc came from that block, plus Blocks 7 and 9 - shameful behaviour.

Perhaps those Devils' fans can show their class next time by just letting it go.
It's a matter between a former player and the club. It should be resolved by them.
Sorry I don't agree with this. I was one of those chanting Devils Reject. I was looking forward to seeing Hendo back & was prepared to give him a good welcome. But if you start a fight with our coach & then refuse to shake hands then you relinquish any rights for respect. Hendo knew that and by choosing to act the way he did was disrespecting the fans.
Sports players get adoration from us fans & sure, they give a lot too. But it's not a one way street. My job doesn't give me the opportunity to have people chanting my name. Theirs does but it comes with some conditions, and unless the club is being run by dangerous idiots (cough Regan), then not slagging off or being disrespectful is one of them.
Kurka's tweet today also showed him to be bitter & they therefore surrender their claim on our loyalty.

ASHIPP

Sorry I don't agree with this. I was one of those chanting Devils Reject. I was looking forward to seeing Hendo back & was prepared to give him a good welcome. But if you start a fight with our coach & then refuse to shake hands then you relinquish any rights for respect. Hendo knew that and by choosing to act the way he did was disrespecting the fans.
Sports players get adoration from us fans & sure, they give a lot too. But it's not a one way street. My job doesn't give me the opportunity to have people chanting my name. Theirs does but it comes with some conditions, and unless the club is being run by dangerous idiots (cough Regan), then not slagging off or being disrespectful is one of them.
Kurka's tweet today also showed him to be bitter & they therefore surrender their claim on our loyalty.
The 'Cardiff reject' chant just brings bitterness and anger down to the level Hendrikx himself showed.
The person who most should feel aggrieved about Hendo's behaviour and the circus around it is the person who has shown the most class of all by not getting drawn in.....Lordo himself.

Wannabe2

Booing although I don't like it is one thing, calling someone a Cardiff reject is below the belt in my view, and lowers yourself to what has aggrieved you. I don't think Hendo done himself any favours on Sunday, but Devils fans once were above the reject comment, and in my humble opinion lacks class, Now I know we are all different, and thank god for that but I thought that was out of order myself.

Finny

Calling someone a reject is nowhere near as bad as refusing to shake someone's hand.
Plus it's factually correct.

Usually I'd been disappointed if the fans chanted that after the final whistle, but after Hendrikx refused to shake Lord's hand he deserved everything he got.

James

Administrator
Happy with a bit of good natured boo'ing. If a panto is going on on the ice why not. I did cringe a bit at the 'Devils Reject' chants and thought it was a step too far. I guess though we had 1000 more people through the doors than the old rink so possibly a good number of new fans in residence that don't know how polite and awesome we usually are as fans :)

Ocko

I don't see a single thing wrong with shouting Devils reject, booing him and giving him abuse. If it happened - good.

He came into our rink with a grudge, fought our player coach - who by the looks of it didn't want to fight him - someone who puts everything into the club. As long as Lord is a Devils player and Hendrikx isn't, I hope he gets every bit of stick off the fans. Had the fight come because of real hockey reasons then I'd get fans not shouting abuse. But the way he acted completed justifies it in my opinion.

mweller

The 'Cardiff reject' chant just brings bitterness and anger down to the level Hendrikx himself showed.
The person who most should feel aggrieved about Hendo's behaviour and the circus around it is the person who has shown the most class of all by not getting drawn in.....Lordo himself.
I expect I'm getting a bit pompous here, so apologies, but this shit form players annoys me. Players are _really_ privileged - I don't get people chanting my name after a presentation, or walking around with my name on their tops. Their job gets them adoration. And with that comes a bit of responsibility or a code. You don't get to have us support you passionately and then be all statesman like when you transgress. Hendo knew that by his actions, he would set the Devils fans against him. He was saying that he didn't care about the history with us and the club, and his personal vendetta was more important. To me, _that_ is deeply disrespectful. Being called a Devils Reject is mild by comparison. But, I know people have different views on this. It's a shame both him and Kurka were favourites - they're dead to me now. That's the price you pay for the loyalty even when you do something wrong (eg we all supported Hendrikx after the Nickerson incident) and then don't value it.

I think the whole situation is getting a little out of hand. These are professionals who should remain professional, if you were not offered a new contract, so what.... Unfortunalty you were not in Lordo's plans for the upcoming season...deal with it!

Last edited:

Electro

I really want to know why Kurks didn't get a new contract now :confused:
I get the sense, someone did something they should not have done, got caught by someone who told the big someone, who then decided to not renew that someone instead of dealing with that someone in a different way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I get the sense, someone did something they should not have done, got caught by someone who told the big someone, who then decided to not renew that someone instead of dealing with that someone in a different way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You need to change your name from Electro to Clouseau

drainage

Now it's really becoming unprofessional. Todd is turning into a quasi David Simms. No need to respond to that tweet from Kurka. Keep your and our (the Devils) dignity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Couldn't disagree more Todd is not known for Simms behaviour in any way shape or form ...... he has never to my knowledge tweeted in this way, for me he is beyond annoyed at ex players inferring/alluding/ suggesting things via subversive texts or actions and took exception

He has a club and brand to protect so he tweeted , maybe he shouldn't have but maybe he should , and it does seem there is a reason behind Kurka not being resigned that Kurka may not be happy to have out there?

None of us know what went on but for me too many people seem to favour "they must have a reason to do what they did" - it's possible nothing was handled badly they simply didn't like the outcome!

This needs to stop and we need to focus on the weeks/months ahead now - we have a great team to support time we got on with the job in hand

Status
Not open for further replies.