Kelman comments on Hendrix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1
Watching the live stream,Todd briefly spoke about that situation saying how Lord treated Hendrix like gold for two seasons and because he didn't get offered a new contract and felt he was treated unfairly that the move to fight Lordo in the first shift was highly unclassy move by him!
Knew this was on the cards considering all the talk before,but really like how Todd didn't beat around the bush!

august04

How to destroy your Devils legacy in 2 hours!! Hendrikx let his team down going for that fight in the first shift, which resulted in him taking 17 minutes worth of penalties straight off the bat!! Then not to shake Lord's hand was frankly pathetic, he needs to grow up and act like a man. It's not often the Devils crowd turn on one of their returning ex players, but he deserved every bit of stick he got tonight.

RTfarty

Gingers Husband said:
This and the fact he is a bit shit anyway.
Really? I wouldn't swap him for anyone in our squad right now but Hendo can play.

-

Agree with comments about him destroying his Devils legacy pretty quickly though. Sport is cut throat and the sooner Hendrikx moves on the better for both him and his team.

E.D.S.

In Hendrix defence he hasn't been able to share his side of the story and probably won't be able to. What if, just what if, there is cause to be a bit miffed and he chose tonight to take action. Just putting another side out there. I don't know anything but that seemed like quite the reaction or retribution to take. There has to be more too it than just a being asked to leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTfarty said:
Gingers Husband said:
This and the fact he is a bit shit anyway.
Really? I wouldn't swap him for anyone in our squad right now but Hendo can play
He can play a bit. He has a good outlet pass. His hip check success ratio is 1 landed to every 8.5 attempted. He is slow, and as tonight proved he lets personal battles take precedence over the team ethic.? All my opinion of course. Everyone sees the game and players differently. Hendrix's is just not my cup of tea. I was surprised when we let Clarkson go & kept him but then Clarkson was bobbins last year. Just shows what I know.

wildthing74

august04 said:
How to destroy your Devils legacy in 2 hours!! Hendrikx let his team down going for that fight in the first shift, which resulted in him taking 17 minutes worth of penalties straight off the bat!! Then not to shake Lord's hand was frankly pathetic, he needs to grow up and act like a man. It's not often the Devils crowd turn on one of their returning ex players, but he deserved every bit of stick he got tonight.
Spot on! The guy was a dick tonight and I totally expected it.I am proud that returning players get treated well but I am glad the crowd turned on him for his actions. It's pro sport if you are not up to the job you get moved on deal with it same in any team in any country just like guys are free to go after a better deal.

Poor show by Hendo and his actions cost his team dear so pretty selfish.Mark Louis is an upgrade in every area.

I'm obviously in the minority here. For me, Hendos actions weren't those of a professional hockey player who simply hadn't been re signed by his team. I know various members of the Devils have gone public on the matter but to be honest, i'm not sure i believe they're telling the whole story. Hendos version of events is likely quite different.
I don't know the truth, none of us ever will. We weren't there when the text(s) was sent or in the locker room when he was a healthy scratch last season or know what he was promised in the off season. If the rumours i've heard are true then you cant blame him for being pretty annoyed. To be honest, id be annoyed as a Devils fan if they were true.

I just don't like seeing a guy get hung, drawn and quartered without trial and as i said above, his actions make me think that there is probably some truth to the rumours.

Either way, it adds a bit of extra spice to the Clan fixtures this season which can only be good for ticket sales so in an indirect way, he's doing the organisation a favour.

Gazza272

Ivydrive said:
I'm obviously in the minority here. For me, Hendos actions weren't those of a professional hockey player who simply hadn't been re signed by his team. I know various members of the Devils have gone public on the matter but to be honest, i'm not sure i believe they're telling the whole story. Hendos version of events is likely quite different.
I don't know the truth, none of us ever will. We weren't there when the text(s) was sent or in the locker room when he was a healthy scratch last season or know what he was promised in the off season. If the rumours i've heard are true then you cant blame him for being pretty annoyed. To be honest, id be annoyed as a Devils fan if they were true.

I just don't like seeing a guy get hung, drawn and quartered without trial and as i said above, his actions make me think that there is probably some truth to the rumours.

Either way, it adds a bit of extra spice to the Clan fixtures this season which can only be good for ticket sales so in an indirect way, he's doing the organisation a favour.

Take what you are saying ivydrive, however Lord fronted up and fought him. He didn't shy away, he faced him head on.

After that with Hendo getting what he wanted, would he then not shake his hand? all that's been done now is that this carries on and spills over. What more does he want Lord to do? tie his hands behind his back and let Hendo have a free punch?

DevilDom

Ivydrive said:

Tend to agree with you. Not saying Devils have done anything wrong but for whatever reason Hendrikx feels aggrieved and he is a seasoned pro so I can't believe it's just because he wasn't re-signed. Lord has done what he thought was best for the Devils so it could simply be a situation where both men feel they are right. Certainly makes for an interesting match up between the teams.

Like has been said before, we don't know the full picture here and no doubt Hendo is aggreived, but whats done is done.. at least untill the next game.
I think the guys at icetime tv raise a good point with, would you as a Clan fan be happy to have someone on your team that is so obviously annoyed by not being re-signed by another team that he would go out and do the things he did? Can't be good for the clan if they have a player on their roster with a ' I wanted to play for you guys but now I have to bloody play for these guys ' attitude.

This whole insinuation that Hendrikx has been "wronged" by the organisation is really starting to get a little tedious. The supposition that Todd and Lordo treat players badly which leads to bad blood.

Here's a question for you for those questioning the management style employed by the Devils regime. How many players have we "let go" mid season and dumped due to them not fitting in since the new regime took control? I have it standing at Zero. How many players have we retained and supported whilst having serious injury? I have it as every single one of them. Let's go back not too long ago to a time when a Goalie had to take legal action against our organisation to get money he was promised, a situation that possible led to the fantastic management team we have now taking over.

In all of my dealings with every level of staff or management at the current Devils organisation there is a level of professionalism and integrity. I in my working life have dealt with a great many sporting organisations all around the country, with the players and the players organisations who represent them. I have seen many underhand dealings, to the detriment of the players, where their livelihoods have not been best looked after. This Devils organisation is up there with the best run I have ever witnessed and the way they look after players is second to none.

If there has been a "falling out" so be it, but to even question how the Devils look after their players is very wide of the mark and Hendrikx last night showed a lack of class.

Koop11

Hendo is clearly upset by the way he feels he was treated. My guess is that it’s not so much about the fact he wasn’t offered a contract but maybe how the decision eventually came about. Nobody knows for sure and nor should we know. Some things are to be kept private.

No doubt at all Hendo was gunning for Lord but Lord knew it was coming, hence why he and chose to ice himself in the opening shift, perhaps get it out of the way. Bit of a bear hug fest in the end. That should be the end of it.

Not to shake Lord’s hand is a little unprofessional. I don’t agree with that. Nor to I agree with the fans chanting what they did afterwards. He may have left the club in not so friendly terms but he put his heart and sole into this club for 2 years. Hendo was a very good defensive defenceman and played hard for the Devils every night. A true Cardiff Devil but he has now gone. Time for all to move on.

Electro

It's pathetic school playground actions on what is supposed to be a professional sport, for me it's bad enough having retaliation for on ice issues, about 10% of me gets that. Having off ice management issues becoming reasons to drop gloves is something for me both management teams needed to sort out before the game started. Obviously Lord didn't instigate it, Hendrix has just embarrassed himself and worse his team.

From the game l watched Lord needs to be on the bench coaching and leading or just playing, not both.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mooney#16

Hendo was a great player for the Cardiff Devils for two seasons. He did everything asked. He put his body on the line. He was a team first guy and I respect him for all he contributed. It's honestly sad how this has panned out.

But jeez Hendo you must have lived a charmed life up until now to lose your mind so badly over not being retained. No matter what the circumstances. Reality bites. You want to stay in Cardiff you act like a man and retire and get a 9-5. You want to stay a pro hockey player you act accordingly for your new club and give them the service they now deserve. To be so selfishly motivated with rage to take an instigator to make you feel better. One of the most selfish plays I've ever seen in hockey at any level let alone pro. No matter how aggrieved you feel. You may have had a verbal contract and then had it pulled out from under you. (No idea if this the case) You're contract staff. The saleries match the job uncertainty. That's the territory you work in. But you chose to be a pro. Act like one.

It doesn't dent Hendo's legacy for me. He's still a guy who I'm grateful contributed so much to the Cardiff Devils and their rejuvenation. If anything it's sad. The Devils Hendo was a better man than came into town in purple last night.

Johnnybravo1927

Mooney#16 said:
Hendo was a great player for the Cardiff Devils for two seasons. He did everything asked. He put his body on the line. He was a team first guy and I respect him for all he contributed. It's honestly sad how this has panned out.

But jeez Hendo you must have lived a charmed life up until now to lose your mind so badly over not being retained. No matter what the circumstances. Reality bites. You want to stay in Cardiff you act like a man and retire and get a 9-5. You want to stay a pro hockey player you act accordingly for your new club and give them the service they now deserve. To be so selfishly motivated with rage to take an instigator to make you feel better. One of the most selfish plays I've ever seen in hockey at any level let alone pro. No matter how aggrieved you feel. You may have had a verbal contract and then had it pulled out from under you. (No idea if this the case) You're contract staff. The saleries match the job uncertainty. That's the territory you work in. But you chose to be a pro. Act like one.

It doesn't dent Hendo's legacy for me. He's still a guy who I'm grateful contributed so much to the Cardiff Devils and their rejuvenation. If anything it's sad. The Devils Hendo was a better man than came into town in purple last night.
Perfectly summed up. Henrikx last night was an idiot but that doesnt take away 2 yeats great service. I hope and think that the issue is now over with. I was hoping he would have gotten a cheer last night (before the fight) and I disagreed with the chants at the end. Everyone has a right to an opinion and I dont feel the need to try and change anyone elses but last night was sad to see

Status
Not open for further replies.