Is the 6th man close to being on two weeks notice?

Paul Sullivan

Hi guys.

As you know the club don't post on the inferno but we do admire the work of James, Chris and the mods and often drop in to view what's on our fans' minds. Matt has agreed to post here as we have both been following this topic with great interest.

As a long-term noisemaker at hockey matches I am fully behind all the effort being put into this thread (and all credit to Gazza for starting it up). In a perfect world for me I would never need to play a song after the intro as the fans would take care of the rest. This is not too practical but I do believe we can work together to make our home even more intimidating for "them" who dare to enter . . .

I do have some great organ music custom recorded by Pete the sound (including a great Addams family theme) and that will get an airing tomorrow night. I am also a big fan of the "sex on fire" idea so I will edit the music tonight and do my best to cue up those who have not been reading the inferno (shame on them :D ).

The challenge at home games has always been that the most vocal and, err, percussive of us who travel away are scattered around the building and too isolated. Let's all work together starting tomorrow to bring the fire back to a match night. We are all incredibly fired up for tomorrow (and that's just in the office) and I cannot wait to start the game. Gerad, Franny and the guys are ready and the last link in the chain is you guys.

Matt is a huge fan of all these types of interactivity and chanting that have been posted on here - we may even slip a few anonymous suggestions of our own in via the mods :twisted: to keep things stoked up!

Any and all suggestions to have myself, Hubbs, Devils TV and the fans working as one are always welcome to paul@cardiffdevils.com and we'll try our best to put your ideas into the match nights.

Whilst I am talking about match nights Pete the sound is kindly installing yet more speakers in blocks 7,8 and 9 today to improve the clarity and quality even further for the fans in those areas. We hope you enjoy it. We're also working with our IT partner Crystal IT to bring you fantastic video clips of the guys when they score, get a penalty or make a hit. On top of that we'll try to get more replays in the style of the Andre Payette clips last year wherever we can. . . .

We'll have more Devils TV videos for you tomorrow, including a brand new highlight reel of last week's game by the superb Clear Cut Vision. Though you may have seen it already by then . . . . ;)

Enjoy the game and we look forward to roaring the guys on tomorrow night with you.

WE ARE THE CARDIFF DEVILS

Rhythm

drummer-ricky said:
love it :twisted: can't wait to get started now :D may have to bring a spair pair of sticks, tend to break them in excitement :roll:
Give Huppe a ring, he's not doing anything and he can throw you new ones, he's good at that.

Yay more speakers in block 9. I hope people do join in as i always am the mouthy one in block 9. :-( finny mate i agree. Red army is for away games imo... So we going with sex on fire too? Depends what happens in the game i guess!!

Gingers Husband said:
drummer-ricky said:
love it :twisted: can't wait to get started now :D may have to bring a spair pair of sticks, tend to break them in excitement :roll:
Give Huppe a ring, he's not doing anything and he can throw you new ones, he's good at that.
im sure that would end up in a mass brawll haha :twisted:

SO . . .

Are we going to do the bison goal celebration, personally I prefer it to our normal one

Chris, Please can we have in one post the main chants as there have been various versions, we need to all be saying the same words

And YEEEEESSSSSSSS I have a new bracket for my drum's leg ! just have to do a bit of diy drilling as the bracket's bit different to ones on there

Thank you percussion house on whitchurch road ! boo to gamlins who looked at me as if I'd gone in to buy bananas

Chris

Administrator
I've not been largely involved in this thread, i've been leaving it to better brains :)

If someone has collated the chants into one thing, if they post a new thread and give me a shout, i'll get it stickied.

I think ASHIPP was asking for something similar, but I didn't want to step on any toes!

Chris.

Nah come on, ha ha there's no time for pussy footing ! No one will be offended, YOU GOT THE POWER !

Be grateful if someone could print it off though, whoever does it :D and give it to me 2moz, I aint got a printer at home

drummer-sean said:
The Bison (Or Should I say Bracknell ;) ) Chant Is being used I think :)

With the usual devils afterwards perhaps?
I dunno if there will be time for both, Paul usually announces the goals soon after we do the normal one, and tries to do it before play resumes I think so dunno