Is the 6th man close to being on two weeks notice?

ASHIPP

Here's another simple one-liner when Brad scores a goal or is carrying out his enforcing duties....

to the tune of 'We will Rock You' by Queen

simply replaced by 'He's the, he's THE VOTHER!' :lol:

Braddy Voth, sounds a bit ummm ponsy...especially if he's just been fighting.....IMO ofcourse. You'll need to ask Brad if he minds being called Braddy LOL

samidevils said:
Whennnnnnnnnnnn the puck hits the net its not Andre Payette
Its Matt Miller/Wes Jarvis

PJ told me about the tune!
That sounds good. I love the Fulham fans chant to that tune for Bobby Zamora. "When the ball hits your head and your sat in row Z thats Zamora." Could use it when the opposition sky a puck, but change ball to puck obviously.

ASHIPP

Chris said:
That sounds like a idea.

Might be worth just choosing the best/simplest ones for now, label them a to whatever and then stick a poll up and see which ones people may want.

I think the poll option is limited to about 10 entries.

This weekend coming could be a dry run, if we could get some properly sorted for the Hull return game, that'd be grand :) We can pimp them on the boards then and through the website...

Chris.
Does anyone think it might be an idea to get the DJ in on this? Once fans have voted on the chants they would like to sing, perhaps the DJ has got sections of these tunes he can play at appropriate times (e.g. after a goal, after a fight, generally to lift the team if things have gone quiet) to prompt the crowd? This, with the formidable sound of our Drumming Crew would definetly help people sing along. :D

Gazza272

Thread starter #65
Loving the amount of togetherness on this guys, i think basically what we have collected is that a few of us like to really sing, but get put off by a few who probably dont feel comfortable, if as suggested we can have a few 'vocal' groups to encourges others, then these groups together can get others up.

For me the two biggest ones to get through this coming saturday are 'USA' For Jay and Jarvo for Jarivs, if we can succeed in at least an 80% participation in this then i think we will be well on the way of getting the complex ones done.

And it doesnt have to be just goals, has Jay wound someone up? Good! lets get them wound up some more! Has Jarvis levelled someone on the boards? Brilliant lets make it hurt double.

There used to be a sign above the entrance to the WNIR saying 'Welcome to the Furnace' Let's get the tents plastic walls melting this weekend, and carry it on through the year.

ASHIPP said:
Here's another simple one-liner when Brad scores a goal or is carrying out his enforcing duties....

We Will Voth You! maybe? haha ;)

ASHIPP

DevilDan said:
ASHIPP said:

Yes, that's even better, DevilDan! :lol:

DevilDan said:
ASHIPP said:

Do you know what... i love it!

When he fight's, delivers a BIG check or just does his enforcer duties....

We will we will VOTH YOU!! :lol:

Rempel16

The Jarvis/Jay ones will definitely be used anyway as we use them everytime in block 2, so if everyone joins in when we start then that wil sound awesome!

Of course, it does really on either/both players to score!!!

TheStub

NOISYGIRL said:
What are the Jarvis and Jay chants ?
Beat me to it!

The essential problem with new chants - if you can't hear them properly, you can't replicate.

Hence the *clap clap clap* Devils being the most popular.

ASHIPP

We have had the Rally Call from the Vother and Hilly on the website. No time to waste - what are we going to do?

Suggestions, FWIW : As we have no time to vote on our new chants, how about the Mods collectively choosing 3 of the easy ones for us all to learn (bear in mind none for the Vother - he won't be there!)?

Drumming Crew will have a bit of time to work the beats/prompts.

Perhaps the wording (and a reminder of which tunes) can be posted on the forum and Inferno website to print off.

Any thoughts?

Gaz G

This now applies even more for tomorrow night. Doesn't really matter what we are shouting tomorrow but it has to be louder than ever

ASHIPP said:
We have had the Rally Call from the Vother and Hilly on the website. No time to waste - what are we going to do?

Suggestions, FWIW : As we have no time to vote on our new chants, how about the Mods collectively choosing 3 of the easy ones for us all to learn (bear in mind none for the Vother - he won't be there!)?

Drumming Crew will have a bit of time to work the beats/prompts.

Perhaps the wording (and a reminder of which tunes) can be posted on the forum and Inferno website to print off.

Any thoughts?

get the strepsills at the ready, i'll try and get some old chants going during the game like

lets go devils
ole ole ole ole (yes sean its time ;) )

and also any suggestions you guys come up with :)

Could we not play the begining of we will rock you a couple of minutes before the squeelers take to the ice. If the drummers join in and the rest of us stamp our feet in time whilst chanting "we are, we are DEVILS" the noise should be incredible and both teams are below it, our boys will get a lift and hopefully the squeelers won't want to come out.

ASHIPP

Gingers Husband said:
Could we not play the begining of we will rock you a couple of minutes before the squeelers take to the ice. If the drummers join in and the rest of us stamp our feet in time whilst chanting "we are, we are DEVILS" the noise should be incredible and both teams are below it, our boys will get a lift and hopefully the squeelers won't want to come out.
GH - what a brilliant idea. Simple, effective and everyone can join in. We can take our lead from the Drumming Crew and maybe the DJ could play a bit of the tune?

SPREAD THE WORD, EVERYONE. TOMORROW NIGHT IT'S - 'WE ARE, WE ARE DEVILS'!

Sorry I may have missed someone else posting this, but what about the good old chants of "If you all hate the Steelers clap your hands" and "Stand up if you hate Sheffield" ???

Easy to remember and join in with - or are we being too nasty to them!!!!!

Devils101 said:
Sorry I may have missed someone else posting this, but what about the good old chants of "If you all hate the Steelers clap your hands" and "Stand up if you hate Sheffield" ???

Easy to remember and join in with - or are we being too nasty to them!!!!!
haha classic, ashipp im sure we can sort that out no problem ;)