Is the 6th man close to being on two weeks notice?

one thing i think may be effective in getting more people joining in is if we have like groups in different blocks say the boys in block 2, a group in block 5, and a group in 14 or 15, so that the voices that start the chants are spread out abit.

loveing the suggestions that are comeing in, they all sound good.

another 1 that will bring back some memories is

we come from the vallies where the grass is green
we'r the best supporters you'v ever seen
we don't tell story's and we dont tell tails
we are the devils from where ...... SOUTH WALES!!!!

TheStub

Going back to the Addams Family chant - the club have an instrumental version, played on organ, don't they?

We could just sing along to that at points - get everyone in voice! Ready for the chanting :D

I always chant/shout but lots of people tend to look at my as if im last nights leftovers. Booo! It's the same with away games - people make the effort to go to see the Devils away yet only half bother to chant/shout encouragement.

Then I wonder, does it actually help the team along? I question I need to ask...!

RichardR said:
Merthyr Devil said:
Gazza272 said:
So i guess this thread leaves open a few questions, what do you personally do on a match night to get some atmosphere going? what do you think we can do to get the tent rocking most games (obviously some games will be flat if the team is giving us no reason to shout) And have you felt the games have been a bit flat lately?
Bit of variety in the chants maybe, like the USA chant when Jay scores. The only thing most people seems to join in with is just the Devils clap clap clap.

I always join in myself but I'm quite shy so when no one around me joins in, it feels like I'm chanting by myself so I tend to drift off and just clap. :lol:
Im sorry, I didn't like the USA chant. Im all for chanting players names, but i don't like country chants and if people are going to go down this route, this would include every player so :- Canada, USA, Kazackstan, Wales, England etc etc

Gotta agree with you there... Romfo is also from 'USA' along with Hartwick so why just Jay? First time I heard it I was like 'WFT . :| ' but each to their own I suppose...

TheStub

I don't doubt it helps - look how irate Dave Simms got last season when we were drowning out the Steelers fans in their own barn.

Chanting makes a huge difference to the atmosphere. It is like electric getting up in front of a crowd when you know every one of them is cheering for you (I only know this from playing live music).

Those who frown on it, need to learn to enjoy it. It wouldn't be a Devils crowd if it weren't going totally mental!

Clean and friendly, with a huge atmosphere :D

ASHIPP

Do you think the organisation would consider using the tv screens to prompt adopted songs when a goal is scored, or to praise one of the players, or to get the team going? It probably isn't an easy thing to set up, is it?

I know this isn't the NHL, but a few years ago I was at a Rangers v Bruins game at Madison Sq Gardens. Every time a goal was scored by the Rangers, a song prompt would come up on the big screens with the face of a well known celebrity (and Rangers supporter) singing it! Ok, pre-recorded but - Tom Hanks was one and he really got the crowd going!

ASHIPP said:
p.s. Another very quick one-liner to sing after every goal we score....

To the tune of Kings of Leon 'Sex on Fire'

'Yeeeeaaaah, Smith is on fire!
Yeeeeeaaah, Smith is on fire!' (replace Smith with Jay, Wes or whoever is scorer) :D
IMO It goes better with "ohhhhhhh Mark Smith is on fire......."

ASHIPP

samidevils said:
ASHIPP said:

Yeeeeeaaah, Smith is on fire!' (replace Smith with Jay, Wes or whoever is scorer) :D
Love it! Can hear the Blue Tent rocking now!

ASHIPP said:
samidevils said:
ASHIPP said:

Love it! Can hear the Blue Tent rocking now!

will have to come up with a chant for that then ;) ohhhhhhh the tent is on fire..... :lol: :twisted:

perhaps the song could be played but just the ohhhhhhh by the DJ..... and then they turn music off, and crowd sings "Mark Smith is on fire......." etc

It works for full names: Mark Smith, Brad Voth, Matt Towe, Phil Hill, Matt Miller, Scott Romfo!

Just surnames: Michel

We love you Devils We Do
We love you devils we do
We love you devils we do
ohhhh devils we love you

Change name for some players, E.g We love you Brad voth, Smithy, Phil Hill,

Or combination:

We love you Brad Voth we do
We love you Smithy we do
We love you Phil Hill we do
Ohhhh devils we love you.

Rempel16

Up in Newcastle a group of lads started a great Voth chant

To 'baby give it up'....

na na na na na na na na na, braddy braddy voth braddy voth, braddy braddy voth! -that worked!

ASHIPP

We're getting such a good selection of chants now! :D

How are we going to decide which ones to sing? How are we able to ensure that these songs/chants are sung as loud as possible at the right moments?

Any suggestions?

Chris

Administrator
That sounds like a idea.

Might be worth just choosing the best/simplest ones for now, label them a to whatever and then stick a poll up and see which ones people may want.

I think the poll option is limited to about 10 entries.

This weekend coming could be a dry run, if we could get some properly sorted for the Hull return game, that'd be grand :) We can pimp them on the boards then and through the website...

Chris.

ASHIPP

Chris said:
That sounds like a idea.

Might be worth just choosing the best/simplest ones for now, label them a to whatever and then stick a poll up and see which ones people may want.

This weekend coming could be a dry run, if we could get some properly sorted for the Hull return game, that'd be grand :) We can pimp them on the boards then and through the website...

Chris.
Chris - the list is 7 or 8 so far (varying degrees of difficulty to sing!)

1. 'We love you Devils, oh yes we do'....

2. Baby Give it up tune for Vother's fights 'Braddy Voth, Braddy Braddy Voth.....'

3. Can't take my Eyes off You tune -
'We love you Brad Voth because you've got long hair
We love you Brad Voth because you're everywhere.....'

4. Sex on Fire chant for goal scorers...
'Ooooohhhh, Mark Smith is on fire
Yeeeaaahh, Mark Smith is on fire!' (or whichever player)

5. Conga song 'We all love the Dev-ils, we all love the Dev-ils'
or 'We all love the Voth-er, we all love the Voth-er'

6. Hey Baby tune -
'Heeeyyyy, Maxi (or Smithy), we wanna knoooooww if you're gonna score'

7. Delilah tune -
'Goals, goals, goals Matt Miller
Goals, goals, goals Matt Miller......'

8. It's Amore tune -
'When the puck hits the net, it's not Andre Payette
It's Matt Miller.....'

Just need a few more for the list for folks to vote

ASHIPP said:
Chris said:
That sounds like a idea.

Chris.
Chris - the list is 7 or 8 so far (varying degrees of difficulty to sing!)

1. 'We love you Devils, oh yes we do'....

2. Baby Give it up tune for Vother's fights 'Braddy Voth, Braddy Braddy Voth.....'

3. Can't take my Eyes off You tune -
'We love you Brad Voth because you've got long hair
We love you Brad Voth because you're everywhere.....'

4. Sex on Fire chant for goal scorers...
'Ooooohhhh, Mark Smith is on fire
Yeeeaaahh, Mark Smith is on fire!' (or whichever player)

5. Conga song 'We all love the Dev-ils, we all love the Dev-ils'
or 'We all love the Voth-er, we all love the Voth-er'

6. Hey Baby tune -
'Heeeyyyy, Maxi (or Smithy), we wanna knoooooww if you're gonna score'

7. Delilah tune -
'Goals, goals, goals Matt Miller
Goals, goals, goals Matt Miller......'

8. It's Amore tune -
'When the puck hits the net, it's not Andre Payette
It's Matt Miller.....'

Just need a few more for the list for folks to vote
I think it sounds better as, Heyyyy hey baby (or player) I wanna knowwwww if you'll score a goal...