FANS FORUM

Wannabe2

Announced this past weekend, the Cardiff Devils will be holding a fans forum .

Initially pencilled in for the first week of July, the Devils have moved to arrange the forum as early as possible, with this coming Monday being the date.

The forum will take place in the upstairs function room of Koko Gorillaz, Miskin Street, Cathays, Cardiff.

Paul Ragan (CEO), Simon Hodgkinson (Operations Director), Gerad Adams (Head Coach) and other members of the club will be present

Ragan said today “I knew before I got involved with the Devils how passionate the fans are – it’s something everybody I spoke to told me. It’s a huge part of who the Cardiff Devils are and the strength of feeling for the club is phenomenal.”

“That passion means that the fans always want and expect a great deal of the team and the organisation as a whole. Currently there is speculation about matters surrounding the club, the building of the team for 2011-12 and the RinkCorp organisation. Operational, financial and logistical topics have been raised and we are happy to discuss all these issues face to face with our fans; our customers.”

With over 600 season ticket holders and no guaranteed attendance number available, finding a suitable venue has proven difficult and we would like to thank Jay and his team at Koko’s for their assistance. Capacity of the room is 250-300 so we would ask fans attending to be on site and ready for an 8pm prompt start.

I can't remember what usually happens - but is there any way the club will do "minutes" of the forum - or a recording or something for those of us who can't be there?

(By the way, I really want to be there but am having my baby this weekend so Monday could be a struggle lol so I think I have a good enough excuse :D )

Holl_5 said:
Haha. Worst venue in Cathays. I hope no one plans on driving there......zero parking.

Dive.
Be fair everyone wanted this forum asap, it can't be easy to find a venue for a couple of hundred at short notice. We used to have one the WNIR but it got knocked down by the nasty council

It's a very good point about the parking.Not that easy by bus either.Cardiff RFC have a large room and I'm pretty sure Carl would be more than happy to give the room for free.City centre location loads of parking,train and bus links.It's almost as if this venue has been chosen to make it as difficult as possible for people to attend.Perhaps thats too cynical but it's how I see it.

fried egg said:
It's almost as if this venue has been chosen to make it as difficult as possible for people to attend.Perhaps thats too cynical but it's how I see it.
OMG !!!!!!!
Talk about a tough crowd !!!! ;)

I am not going but if we want decent truthfull answers people who are going need to go in there with a level head and be calm, screaming/shouting/demanding will get us absolutely nowhere.

I fully understand that feelings will be running high BUT 99% of the things fans are getting riled about are 'rumours'. We have to give Ragan the chance to put his side across before we can start throwing accusations at him.

DevilDom

fried egg said:
It's almost as if this venue has been chosen to make it as difficult as possible for people to attend.Perhaps thats too cynical but it's how I see it.
They wouldn't do anything like that would they? :lol:

Geez the amount of complaining about the tiniest thing on here is getting ridiculous now, is this the inferno or steel talk? I'm struggling to tell them a part.

Park by the museum. Free after 6pm[/quote]

Good idea, only 2 minutes from there.

Food has good reviews on barcrawl.co.uk.

Wannabe2

We want and need to know whats going on, who cares if its on Caerphilly mountain, or the middle of flippin queens street. To get a venue that holds between 250-300 at such short notice is not easy for heavens sake. Parking aint easy, well guess what it aint easy in many places, especially the middle of queens street. I will find somewhere to park and then walk, whats the problem. Myself i would prefer this and now, rather than a more convenient location in 2 weeks time. Damned if you do, and Damned if you dont comes to mind here.

TheStub

nmase20 said:
Geez the amount of complaining about the tiniest thing on here is getting ridiculous now, is this the inferno or steel talk? I'm struggling to tell them a part.
Trouble is, the club has lost so much good faith from the fans at the moment there is no trust, and all motives and choices are viewed with suspicion.

Personally, anywhere is Cardiff is awkward for me - so it is all equally out of my way. I'm going to try my hardest to be there though - may even take an afternoon off work.

Diafol

Please all accept my apologies for not living in Cardiff but supporting the Devils.

I have no idea where this place is but will do my damndest to try and find it.

Like The Stub I might have to book the afternoon off, if only because my sense of direction is shocking.

Cheers Ger for the parking suggestion.

Flippin typical, the one day of the week I work late and they chose that one :(

Please can someone relay questions and answers to us asap. Thanks.

Ger-Devils

Diafol said:
Please all accept my apologies for not living in Cardiff but supporting the Devils.

I have no idea where this place is but will do my damndest to try and find it.

Like The Stub I might have to book the afternoon off, if only because my sense of direction is shocking.

Cheers Ger for the parking suggestion.
If you want any info on directions then let me know.