FANS FORUM

steve

i'd like to ask why with all the staff and alleged business expertise in place, we seem to have more issues this year than Brent Pope did as coach, manager, director, administrator, etc. etc. etc. all with major off-ice ownership issues to contend with!

i'm not saying that season was ideal, but the point is we seemed to manage just as 'well' spending probably a 6 figure sum less!

ASHIPP

Either someone has been reading this forum and decided to try and stem the flow of discontent and rumours........or they have realised that we are asking why Sheffield are having a forum to discuss issues....or it was going to be organised anyway for Devils' fans. It seems a bit co-incidental this arrangement has appeared in the midst of what amounts to 'forum meltdown' in recent days :?

Whatever happens, this meeting should not be an opportunity for G and Franny to be used as 'human shields' for others to avoid any accountability ...... get the impression these two guys are continuing to work hard under extremely difficult and stressful circumstances.
No, this is time to ask direct questions and receive answers from the very top.

Hopefully some issues can be made clearer. At the least it will adjust our expectations, instead of all this negativity, speculation and anxiety. :evil: It's not good for the fans and it's certainly not good for a club which should be showing evidence of building and moving forward after the achievements of last season.

steve said:
i'd like to ask why with all the staff and alleged business expertise in place, we seem to have more issues this year than Brent Pope did as coach, manager, director, administrator, etc. etc. etc. all with major off-ice ownership issues to contend with!

i'm not saying that season was ideal, but the point is we seemed to manage just as 'well' spending probably a 6 figure sum less!
Simple answer to that. Less Chiefs and far more Indians :(
On a seperate note I really couldn't give two hoots about the match night experience that Mr Ragan seems to give so much credence too, I go to be entertained by what happens on the ice so lets have the money spent there please.

ASHIPP said:
Whatever happens, this meeting should not be an opportunity for G and Franny to be used as 'human shields' for others to avoid any accountability ...... get the impression these two guys are continuing to work hard under extremely difficult and stressful circumstances.
No, this is time to ask direct questions and receive answers from the very top.
I would imagine they may have a few questions of their own :(

august04

Actions speak louder than words I'm afraid. No doubt PR (if he shows his face) will tell us how lucky we are that he saved the club, we should be grateful for what we've got, there's no favouritism between clubs etc etc. We've heard it all before sadly. I don't believe a word that comes out of the guys' mouth anymore. No doubt his spin will pacify a few punters, we'll be told everything in the garden is rosy, there will be a press release explaining how great he is, with arty black and white pictures of himself and then we'll find over the following weeks that nothing has changed. Instead of arranging fans forums, just get on with running the club properly and treating the players professionally.

august04 said:
Actions speak louder than words I'm afraid. No doubt PR (if he shows his face) will tell us how lucky we are that he saved the club, we should be grateful for what we've got, there's no favouritism between clubs etc etc. We've heard it all before sadly. I don't believe a word that comes out of the guys' mouth anymore. No doubt his spin will pacify a few punters, we'll be told everything in the garden is rosy, there will be a press release explaining how great he is, with arty black and white pictures of himself and then we'll find over the following weeks that nothing has changed. Instead of arranging fans forums, just get on with running the club properly and treating the players professionally.
Tee hee... I think you've hit the nail very firm and square on the head there!!

Bit harsh to say instead of arranging a fans forum you should just solve the situation when everyone has been calling for a fans forum. Obviously, he needs to sort the back office out as well but he is only doing what we have all been requesting.
** hides behind bullet proof shield **

nmase20 said:
Bit harsh to say instead of arranging a fans forum you should just solve the situation when everyone has been calling for a fans forum. Obviously, he needs to sort the back office out as well but he is only doing what we have all been requesting.
** hides behind bullet proof shield **
Fans Forum = words and propaganda, Actions speak louder

TheStub

How about they do both. A fans forum will take a couple of hours to arrange (room and PA).

So get forum together and sort everything else out. There are enough bodies.

Diafol said:
jodysstillagirlsname said:
Will there be any fans left by July that actually care or will everyone have lost the will to live by then. That may stop a few fans stopping July Direct debit and protect some of the funds for the Steelers to build a championship side again

Looks like I might be on my own come September then, I paid up front :eek:

I wonder if PR will offer transport to Sheffield for those of us who are left behind ?

(and before the pitchforks are aimed in my direction, that was a joke)
One that might become reality lol

ASHIPP

august04 said:
(MY BOLD) Then it's up to as many fans as possible to attend the forum.......and NOT to accept platitudes and prepared answers. :evil: We should be asking direct questions and respectfully asking for honest answers ....surely that's the minimum supporters would expect when they have a vested interest in the club, many already having invested in season tickets, or bought merchandise, or supported the official social events, or volunteered their time/skills to help out?

Whilst it may be ambitious to expect the complete expose on all matters, if the club values it's (at the moment) loyal and passionate fanbase, surely clarity on some key issues will be forthcoming? Certainly enough to encourage and re-assure fans.....and to kill off so much negativity and black speculation which is undermining our great club right now. :evil:

James

Administrator
Can we persuade the remaining members of last years squad still in Cardiff (Pelle, Matzka and Stu for example) to come along and join in the fans forum? Could be fun.

Cheer up guys, you could be a Capitals fan... Just like me!!

Just make sure you keep your management honest. When we had out forum we let our management away with too much good will and look what happened to us.

Good luck.

Wannabe2

Fans Forum will be this Monday at 8pm at Koko Gorillaz, Miskin Street, Cathays, Cardiff.
We have to turn up in our masses, your chance to get the answers you want.