Devils vs Vipers, Sat 04th 7.00pm. Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #82
Bloody hope not. Seemed to be more inconsistent than anyone we've got right now. At least Hinks is consistently mediocre, you never knew which Rempel would turn up.

Chris.

Russky

El Supremo said:
Is Rempel available? I'd take him back in a heartbeat over some of our current players!
such short memories eh? :shock:
He's playing for petoborough in the EPL.... and that is his level!
some may say he won us the challenge cup? yes he did but that was his one good game for that season!

Last nights performance was quite poor, The guys couldn't string their passes together! Stone was terrible yeh he's been solid in previous seasons but the last few games he's seemed out of his depth, Symonds still free??!

Gazza272

drummer-ricky said:
what about kirk dewaele, i would have him back anyday

I believe Kirks wife wanted to go back to the USA and that if kirk wanted to stay in the UK it was UK or Divorce for him :lol:

I believe he is in the ECHL still though, charlotte checkers i believe although i maybe wrong.

Kirk was with the Charlotte Checkers in the ECHL for the last couple of seasons but I believe hes a fireman now. It would be nice if his good friend G could persuade him to make a return though :D

For me I think the basis of the team is good but where are our key players?? We don't have an out and out scorer or a reliable goalie, you can't expect to be top 3 in this league without them!

Kipper

G is wise enough to know what is needed.If the players aren't doing what he tells them to then they will face the consequences.

Hinks looks to me like a player who has carried on for a season too long.He is past his best and sadly should be replaced. Andersson's injury is unfortunate but we can't play a D man short for 16 weeks.The club should sort out his treatment and come to a financial deal with him and say thanks for your services.Teplitsky should be brought in if possible.

Aubry is a solid NM but needs better protection from his defence.Too often they are going walkabout and are out of position.Also they are not clearing the opposition from in front of the net.

It appears that the Voth ban has really got into the team psyche and they seem afraid to play a physical game and this is what the team was built for.

Replace Hinks and Andersson and with Voth back we will be a good side.

I just don't agree that Aubry is a solid goalie. He is there to be the last line of defence, if the opposition gets past the defence they still have to beat the netminder, and that is happening a little too often for my liking.
In my opinion even a very poor nettie could post fairly reasonable stats with a great defence in front of them. You cannot hide behind a defence and hope they do their job.
People say that when a team plays bad the goalie always gets the blame but sometimes i feel its warranted, I'm not saying our team/defence is perfect because it isn't but you cannot keep saying the defence leave him out to dry without looking at his game and realising the mistakes he makes.

Kipper said:
G is wise enough to know what is needed.If the players aren't doing what he tells them to then they will face the consequences.

Hinks looks to me like a player who has carried on for a season too long.He is past his best and sadly should be replaced. Andersson's injury is unfortunate but we can't play a D man short for 16 weeks.The club should sort out his treatment and come to a financial deal with him and say thanks for your services.Teplitsky should be brought in if possible.

Aubry is a solid NM but needs better protection from his defence.Too often they are going walkabout and are out of position.Also they are not clearing the opposition from in front of the net.

It appears that the Voth ban has really got into the team psyche and they seem afraid to play a physical game and this is what the team was built for.

Replace Hinks and Andersson and with Voth back we will be a good side.
Aubry has looked far from solid so far, makes you realise what a good NM we had in Osaer the past few seasons. The defence look to have absolutely no confidence in him.

Also Stone looks past it, and Hinks needs to be moved on sooner rather than later.

Pirps, Latulippe and Jarvis battled well all game, it's a shame no other players seemed ready to get involved in the physical battle!

Newcastle 2-7 Manchester. Just goes to show that Devils lost to a very poor team last night at home. Sorry to be pessimistic, but I can't see us even being close to Giants on Thursday!

Gazza272

ledgend777 said:
Newcastle 2-7 Manchester. Just goes to show that Devils lost to a very poor team last night at home. Sorry to be pessimistic, but I can't see us even being close to Giants on Thursday!

But lets be honest, last night if Jarvis hadnt gifted them a goal would they have scored? Other than when they were on a powerplay newcastle never really troubled us apart from hitting the post in the second period.

For me Jarvis was pretty bad last night, he made that costly error and just tried to persue personal battles. this was highlighted at a time in the third when we were on the penalty kill attempting to get the box formation going and he was to busy cross checking and following the guy near him and we lost our shape. I also feel this carried over to the penalty he took in OT. I actually think he has been decent this season but last night i felt he put himself in front of the team.

Gazza272 said:
With regards to player recruitment, individually i cant see what he didnt get right in the summer. Hinks while being a massive dissapointment boasts the stats and performances during his time with Newcastle of a top line player, for some reason though he's just not getting it done. I do think though that yoru point 1 and 2 are linked and for some reason G isnt getting things right with motivating and crucially for me line mates and defensive partnerships which is causing us to ship to many goals and not score enough.

So basically i would disagree with your first point based on the fact that G like any other coach can only scout and recruit with restrictions, and that individually i think he got a lot of players right and i can see why he signed the players he did even though they arent working out at presnt.

And i'll agree with point 2 that G does need to work doubly hard as a coach to turn things around.

Also yes it is your opinion and i respect it greatly :) This is just a debate neither of us are wrong here imo.
Gazza, I appreciate your reasoned debate. Its good that these things can be debated openly and sensibly without fear of the thought police ;)
I think we can agree to disagree, I sincerely hope i'm wrong and but I can see this season getting away from us. I think we will be looking back next May once again thinking of what might have been. As I said, I hope I am way off the mark and will be the first to hold up my hands if proved wrong.
BTW, given the choice between Hinks and Remps, I would take Rempel every time. But hey thats whats great about opinions. :D

dissapointed with the loss (naturally) same players stood out and the same players dissapointed.
have to say i completely disagree with anyone who says mcallisters hit was bad, it was a great hit! dont see much of those in this league

Gazza272

Ugly Betty said:
[
Gazza, I appreciate your reasoned debate. Its good that these things can be debated openly and sensibly without fear of the thought police ;)
I think we can agree to disagree, I sincerely hope i'm wrong and but I can see this season getting away from us. I think we will be looking back next May once again thinking of what might have been. As I said, I hope I am way off the mark and will be the first to hold up my hands if proved wrong.
BTW, given the choice between Hinks and Remps, I would take Rempel every time. But hey thats whats great about opinions. :D
based on current form i'ed take Remepl as well :lol: But i was more thinking that it wouldnt be a long term solution if you understand me.

If we leave this season emptied handed then i sincerely hope that the good work that has been done off the ice this season has produced enough resources that we go out and really make our intentions felt.

Not that this season should be over looked however, i think that we should be looking to get Tyson back here (wage cap permitting) to also show we are as a club serious abotu getting things put right.

It's a big couple of weeks ahead for our club and in a way im really happy all we have to moan about is whats going on, on the ice :D

Gazza272 said:
It's a big couple of weeks ahead for our club and in a way im really happy all we have to moan about is whats going on, on the ice :D
Spot on there! :D

The off ice product is better than I could ever have imagined it would be when Matt bought the club. I take my hat off to him and Shannon.

Gazza272 said:
drummer-ricky said:
what about kirk dewaele, i would have him back anyday

I believe Kirks wife wanted to go back to the USA and that if kirk wanted to stay in the UK it was UK or Divorce for him :lol:

I believe he is in the ECHL still though, charlotte checkers i believe although i maybe wrong.
She told me she hated living in Sheffield, when Kirk played up there, i wonder why?

Gazza272 said:
ledgend777 said:

But lets be honest, last night if Jarvis hadnt gifted them a goal would they have scored? Other than when they were on a powerplay newcastle never really troubled us apart from hitting the post in the second period.

For me Jarvis was pretty bad last night, he made that costly error and just tried to persue personal battles. this was highlighted at a time in the third when we were on the penalty kill attempting to get the box formation going and he was to busy cross checking and following the guy near him and we lost our shape. I also feel this carried over to the penalty he took in OT. I actually think he has been decent this season but last night i felt he put himself in front of the team.
Yes fair point, but if we had scored more goals we would have won, but we didn't really look like scoring though did we?