Devils vs Vipers, Sat 04th 7.00pm. Chat/Updates

Fubar said:
are we really playing that cr@p??
texts im getting are very negative hopefully the goal will shake things up
commentary on here doesn't seem to be any more positive
a good result will help sort that though

Jones72

Clearly the reason the Devils lost tonight was because we have a goalie whos Save Percentage is only 88%, and we lack an ambidextrous out-and-out scoring sniper as a first line centre.

:roll:

rolf

just home from the match and again we were out muscled with prpich suffering a minor facial blood injury and hinks lucky to survive a big open ice hit from mcallister who had both elbows up at head height. both went unpunished by either ref or team mates which about sums us up right now. i thought our disallowed goal was good with prpich playing a baseball shot excellently for a beauty of a finish. his stick went in a downward motion from below shoulder height. campbell flattened him for his trouble and willis was offering anything in sight. that should be our attitude in our own tent !!!!!

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #32
I genuinely cannot believe how poorly we can play, what the f**k is going on.

We came out playing so bloody well against Coventry, we saw how blatently good it is, yet we refuse to do it for every period, let alone every game.

Someone definately needs a kick up the arse, whether it's Adams or the players, something isn't working. I expect we'll hear more excuses in the papers now and more "i've got my ear to the ground" crap. Something needs to change.

Hinks did well to get the goal, but he certainly didn't impress again tonight. Our brits apart from Stone were playing extremely well, Stone is just a liability, get the bloody imports on the ice more and get Stone off.

Disappointed once again.

Chris :evil:

Jones72 said:
Clearly the reason the Devils lost tonight was because we have a goalie whos Save Percentage is only 88%, and we lack an ambidextrous out-and-out scoring sniper as a first line centre.

:roll:
Spot on post ;)

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #34
Seems reasonable to me, Aubry doesn't look half as good as I remember him, seems to get caught out a lot behind the net and seems to take an age to get back up, along with the number of rebounds he gives it's up, it's rather scary.

Our first line centre is crap, he's not producing the numbers that he's being paid to do.

Chris.

The Brits are currently our best players (with the exception the Prpich and Silverthorn and maybe one or two others) which is not good considering how much better our imports should be. Aubry is nowhere near as good as he used to be but I don't think our losing is due to him. Indeed, our defence isn't much of an issue in my eyes - none of the defencemen really stand out which is a good thing.

The issue we have is our lack of any first class forwards. We have a few good players such as Prpich, Siverthorn, Latulippe but no game winners such as a Smith, Cullen, Birbaer etc. We need a go to guy which we simply don't have at the moment. Ideally, you need an entire top line (incidentally, I can't tell apart our line in terms of quality) of quality but we don't even have one player that fits the bill. I think a lot of our troubles would be solved if we were to replace Hinks (he's not a bad player but certainly not good enough to be on our top line) with a player of Smith's/Cullen's calibre as well as replacing Andersson with a player like Typlitsky (i.e. a defencean who can get a few goals).

Russky

Payette is a donkey said:
payette will get a lot of abuse tonight, ive already made a huge poster with donkey sanctuary on it hanging above the away bench :lol:

Yes I saw that and it was hilarious, BUT it almost came back to bite us on the bum!
perhaps it served as a perfect motivational tool for them I.E. LETS SHOW THEM WE ARE NOT DONKEYS!

I don't want to sound to critical, but i didn't really rate Aubry the first time he played for us, i think Hinks is past his best and off the pace, but is Adams the right fit for us. Does he actually know how to coach? has he passed any coaching badges etc? do the players want to play for him?

Russky

As I hate to single out players we were found wanting in several areas!

Vipers goal: we were caught napping early doors!

Aubry keeps going for a wander and it almost cost us tonight!

Silverthorn was off his game tonight for some reason

As I said to Jodyistillagirlsname after the game: we were like a car running on two cylinders - misfiring badly!

Gazza272

Dai Vader said:
I don't want to sound to critical, but i didn't really rate Aubry the first time he played for us, i think Hinks is past his best and off the pace, but is Adams the right fit for us. Does he actually know how to coach? has he passed any coaching badges etc? do the players want to play for him?

Yes he knows how to coach, he's won us a trophy during his coaching time with us and made his title contenders last season until the knee god shot us down.

What do coaching badges prove? providing you could skate to a standard im guessing anyone could get one?

If they dont want to play for him they have a 2 week get out clause they can use. A lot of players re signed from last season to play for him again, so obviously they dont have a problem with him.