Devils v Blaze - 28/10 6:00pm - CC - Chat/Updates

voth26 said:
J.B said:
Well it is mentioned number 23 received a match penalty for leaving the dressing room on the game sheet.

In regard to Olson, he will probably receive a big ban and go back to North America. Well done Cardiff fans. And then you will complain when games are boring and none physical.
Just like you chavs complained for the 7 years BRAD VOTH was here so back at you matey or is it different nows it's one of YOUR players, olsen has been commented on loads of times by pretty much all teams fans for cheapshots in the short time he's been here
It's not just Olson though, they have a team full of classless morons.

*edit* Quote deleted as all posts have been removed. Chris. *edit*

Looking forward to watching sky highlights this week, been a while since a good brawl took place.

E.D.S.

Bottom line is fans should not be hitting players especially when Simmsey is there. The game needs the goons and fighters to make it Interesting. Mr Simms however, we could do without!

I do agree with the earlier post though, no matter what abuse a players faces he's paid to do a job and be a professional. Under no circumstances does he strike out at a fan.

Unfortunately all this does is reflect badly on the good people of Cardiff. As expected the idiots from Shuff are already posting about what a vicious little bunch we are. I'll be safe holding my breath waiting for Simms next tweet, post or article stating how terrible Cardiff is. "Don't forget those unruly people threw things at the Sheffield bus last season you know and now they've attacked poor Olson". Too, too predictable.

J.B said:
We are never going to agree. We'll just have to see what comes of it.

We have had exactly the same situation in reverse at the Skydome where players have had their individual space invaded and I've never agreed with the "fans can say or do whatever they like but if a player dare responds they are scum" view. It takes two to tango. I'm not defending Benn and I'm sure he will get a big ban but I find it very hard to believe that everyone connected to the Devils is an innocent party.
Yet again you are posting comments that suit you, no one has said the Devils are blameless you are the one that is defending the Blaze and bizarrely blaming the Devils fans for Olsens behaviour

rolf

J.B said:
We are never going to agree. We'll just have to see what comes of it.

We have had exactly the same situation in reverse at the Skydome where players have had their individual space invaded and I've never agreed with the "fans can say or do whatever they like but if a player dare responds they are scum" view. It takes two to tango. I'm not defending Benn and I'm sure he will get a big ban but I find it very hard to believe that everyone connected to the Devils is an innocent party.
There, now finally a reasoned comment. I actually agree with you that fans need to be that and not cross a line, however professional sportsmen need to be that. Professional.
FWIW I was deeply upset to learn of Wade Belak and think it a tragedy in no small part inspired by the on-ice job he was expected to do in the line of earning his living. Boxers train for months and have a whole support team working for them. Hockey enforcers do not yet are expected to big up for a bare knuckle fight in front of a sometimes massive crowd all on their own. Pressure? Hell yeah and then some.

That all said, it don't do anyone any good coming on our forum and bragging that he beat the crap out of our guy one time either. You couldn't even remember his name. Russ Romaniuk in case you were curious.

voth26

James said:
Can we make sure we don't level personal insults at other board members please. At classless blaze players however, fill yer boots.
does that include classless blaze trolls sorry meant chavs sorry meant blaze posters, i knew id get it right in the end :DWD :lol:

drainage

E.D.S. said:
Bottom line is fans should not be hitting players especially when Simmsey is there. The game needs the goons and fighters to make it Interesting. Mr Simms however, we could do without!

I do agree with the earlier post though, no matter what abuse a players faces he's paid to do a job and be a professional. Under no circumstances does he strike out at a fan.

Unfortunately all this does is reflect badly on the good people of Cardiff. As expected the idiots from Shuff are already posting about what a vicious little bunch we are. I'll be safe holding my breath waiting for Simms next tweet, post or article stating how terrible Cardiff is. "Don't forget those unruly people threw things at the Sheffield bus last season you know and now they've attacked poor Olson". Too, too predictable.
The old I wasn't here didnt see it no idea what went on but I have an informed opinion on the subject ploy!!

Gotta love the ill informed and clueless!

E.D.S. said:
As expected the idiots from Shuff are already posting about what a vicious little bunch we are. I'll be safe holding my breath waiting for Simms next tweet, post or article stating how terrible Cardiff is. "Don't forget those unruly people threw things at the Sheffield bus last season you know and now they've attacked poor Olson". Too, too predictable.
You've commented on 1 persons post on Steeltalk, whilst the rest have just commented on the Elite league report. I think you'll find there will be no sympathy from Sheffield towards Coventry with the stunts they've pulled this season in our games against them.

Simmsey may back Coventry, as Thommo is his best mate but I'd be very surprised if there is much support for that lot from Sheffield at all.

The sooner some of their muppet players are serving long bans the better!!!!

Wannabe2

We should all stick to talking about the incidents tonight and refrain from having a dig at each other, lets keep the rivalry with the Blaze healthy, we will have bias to ours as they will to theres, but lets keep the topic about what happened on and off the ice tonight guys.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #92
I've just been through and deleted an initial post that really didn't need to be on here, and all that associated replies quoting it.

Anymore posts about it will automatically be deleted, or at least edited to remove the specific part.

Whilst tempers might be running high, please can we all try and remain civil. There's clearly issues on both sides here, until the game footage is released, if it's released, then it's hard to ay what will be happening.

For reference, the gamesheet can be found at http://www.eliteleague.co.uk/stats/official-game-report.php?game_id=1352

voth26

robbo2306 said:
voth26 said:
J.B said:
Well it is mentioned number 23 received a match penalty for leaving the dressing room on the game sheet.

In regard to Olson, he will probably receive a big ban and go back to North America. Well done Cardiff fans. And then you will complain when games are boring and none physical.
Just like you chavs complained for the 7 years BRAD VOTH was here so back at you matey or is it different nows it's one of YOUR players, olsen has been commented on loads of times by pretty much all teams fans for cheapshots in the short time he's been here
It's not just Olson though, they have a team full of classless morons.
Thanks for correcting me and putting me on the straight and narrow :lol: :lol:

James said:
Can we make sure we don't level personal insults at other board members please. At classless blaze players however, fill yer boots.
Fair play and taken on board, but sometimes you've have to tell it the way you see it so I stand by the turd comment :mrgreen: In my defence it could have been worse :twisted:

voth26

I think the devils should have a raffle every time hicks/darnell are due to "ref "(and i use that term in the loosest term possible) and the winner gets to ref the game instead of these two plonkers. if the eihl dont do something now about this pair then they are just a bunch of jokers playing at running a professional ice hockey league :roll: :roll:

E.D.S.

robbo2306 said:
E.D.S. said:
You've commented on 1 persons poston Steeltalk
And? What's wrong with that? If its the one and only post by this time next week then I will write to you to personally apologise!

To be fair as much as these kinds of incidents live long in the memory and give us fans something to debate it's a sad state of affairs and only brings the game down. Having Sky there isn't going to help us or the game. I look forward to hearing the official announcement.

Fubar

Wannabe2 said:
E.D.S. said:
Steady on Rolf. Pretty certain that by me stating Max came out of locker room won't result in a ban. I don't think the Elite League check this forum when going through the disciplinary procedure.
Admittedly I was being flippant and a tad childish in responding to Wannabe's post (a poster I quite respect), possibly had a few too many at the BBT tonight. So apologies for that. Despite the beers though I did see Max come out. As I'm not absolutely clear what he did when he came out due to the sheer number of bodies involved, I won't speculate on here as I believe that wont do any good and only gives rise to the likes of J.B.but I'm 100% certain he was there.
I think you got Max mixed up with Deeds myself mate.
nah..Max was deffo there.. ;) 20 20 vision me see