Devils v Blaze - 28/10 6:00pm - CC - Chat/Updates

Interesting comments by Simms. Good to see Ragan taking incidents seriously on statement and assume a full apology to Benn Olson and life time ban for fan will be on website by morning.

Night guys ;)

David Simms ‏@Simmsey
The big question, how can a fan get into a position where he attacks a player as the player is leaving the ice. How can security do nothing

If what simmsey is saying is true then this is a shocking state of affairs! As much as I hate Olsen if he is being attacked by a fan who has got past the barrier then he has to expect a beating.

drainage

J.B said:
Interesting comments by Simms. Good to see Ragan taking incidents seriously on statement and assume a full apology to Benn Olson and life time ban for fan will be on website by morning.

Night guys ;)
Sorry you can't begin to think a professional player is ever justified for punching a fan .... Could be biggest tool in the world but no way should player lash out

And if you want to quote Simms as gospel equally interesting he didn't see Max come back out ??

Gazza272

Is Richard Murray taking photos right by the bench on the ice while that is going on?

If so that is amazing! He'll be a War correspondant next! :lol:

Brave dude! but I bet those pictures are amazing!

J.B said:

Night guys ;)
best laugh ive had in a long time, are you banned off your fourm by any chance,

On a slighty different topic does anyone know which Blaze player it was who was coming off the ice to the bench earlier on in the game (2nd period?) and shouted the F word at the top of his voice for all people in blocks 3 and 4 to hear including all of the kids? Very classy for a family sport.

Thommo wanted to sign a "show" team to put bums on seats in the off season to try and bring some fans back and to be fair he delivered I'm just not sure it was meant to be a circus show. If you give your chimps sticks eventually they will start hitting people with them. Actually that is being harsh on chimps, they would probably play better hockey than most of the Blaze team especially Olson. :D

Can't help but feel once again if dumb and dumber had dealt with the original cross check from Olson to the base of Max's spin sending him to the ice he wouldn't have then taken matters into his own hands and done the same back to Olson. It amazes me how 4 officials can get even more wrong and miss even more than 3 and had that call been made correctly it's likely none of the incidents post game would have taken place. The fact that Max got a match penalty and Olson got 2+2 had nasty ending all over it. Elite league hockey at it's best, just surpriosed it doesn't happen more often with officiating in this league.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #134
On a slighty different topic does anyone know which Blaze player it was who was coming off the ice to the bench earlier on in the game (2nd period?) and shouted the F word at the top of his voice for all people in blocks 3 and 4 to hear including all of the kids? Very classy for a family sport.
That's not something that can really be leveled only at the Blaze players, our own players have been heard using colourful language to put it nicely, especially at away games.

Perhaps not entirely pleasant for some people, but not really unexpected either.

wildthing74

I haven't even read all replies yet but this tool J.B has wound me right up. Listen joker we haven't heard much from you for the 3 years your team has been garbage and here you are back to your old ways and as usual were too busy on your keyboard to actually go to a game to justify commenting on it.
This is going to be a sensitive few days for both clubs and you and your childish digs do nothing to help an inflamed situation.Shame you don't have the class of some other Blaze posters that come on here and add to the debate.If it were down to me you would have been banned years ago.

In a game that I thought lacked any edge by either side. The flash point was the incident between Olson and Max. How any of the stripey's missed an attempt to injure by Olson completely off the play is beyond me. Yes Max picked himself up and hobbled into Olson and cross checked him to the head and got the correct penalty. Olson should have walked as well. Game ends, Guidiuce and Adams exchange words, Adams follows back down the line and tries to have words with the guy. Stripey get in between and handbags are exchanged nothing too bad. Then Olson and Deeds get it on, Oh and I do believe Mr Olson got a number of good smack from Deeds who in turn got a few back. Didn't see too much more as the scrum was below our end. The incident with a member of the public if true, a mere Fan is clearly disgusting and constitutes common assault. Professional Hockey players cannot throw punches at member of the public. Apart from a total mismatch, I ask the question? Does the Fan work out training with weights every day of the week? does the Fan train to fight? A pro boxer would lose His licence. Totally classless act if proven guilty.

J.B said:

Night guys ;)
You have a good night sleep. You really are a dreamer. HMM were you even at the game?
Me thinks! Olson won't be getting an apology anything but! a ban is on it's way.

Mooney#16

If as has been muted the fan got through security and confronted Olson in an area of the rink which is solely for the use of the opposition team I think all emotion aside it's pretty fair of Olson to defend himself if he thought he was threatened and if that meant giving the guy a slap then so be it for being for want of a better term a village idiot. The fan shouldn't have been there by his and securities actions. I'll gladly criticise a player for on ice actions but when a fan brings it off ice I think all level of pro versus fan disappears and it's one man against another. If the guy went away with a thick lip then I don't think Olson can be attacked to harshly for it. On ice though different story.