Confirmed Signings (& some departures) - All teams 2015/16

KaneDevils

Re: Confirmed Signings - All teams 2015/16

Ocko said:
Wannabe2 said:
One Coach wins trophy's and gets the boot, another wins Jack all and gets a new contract, funny old game.
To be fair Neilson has won 9 major trophies in 9 seasons and Adams has won 2 in 10 years. I think Neilson is owed a bit of loyalty off that return.
But G hasn't been in charge of the Steelers 10 years. So surely only what he has achieved with them is relevant. one trophy and two finals to be followed with the sack is little short of disgusting. If he is a poor tactician with no plan B, then why recruit him in the first place?

Wannabe2

Ocko said:
Wannabe2 said:
One Coach wins trophy's and gets the boot, another wins Jack all and gets a new contract, funny old game.
To be fair Neilson has won 9 major trophies in 9 seasons and Adams has won 2 in 10 years. I think Neilson is owed a bit of loyalty off that return.
Neilson would have won Jack all with Bob And then Ragan in charge, it's a very unfair statement to make comparing circumstances. If you can't win a few trophies with the highest budget in the league and the biggest crowds then it's time to move on.

Ocko

Wannabe2 said:
Ocko said:
Wannabe2 said:
Neilson would have won Jack all with Bob And then Ragan in charge, it's a very unfair statement to make comparing circumstances. If you can't win a few trophies with the highest budget in the league and the biggest crowds then it's time to move on.
It still takes a coach to win trophies, regardless of how big your budget is. Adams for example had one of if not the biggest budgets this year and still choked two finals. Nottingham massively under achieved but isn't it Neilson's first year without a trophy as coach? That's quite impressive and you would be a fool to bet against him getting more silverwear next season.

It does seem Adams has big problems coaching a team in a final. One win in 10+ finals isn't a great record at all. A few of those as a Devil we had no right to be there but some we could of and should've won. Losing the CC in front of 7k of their own fans must've been the nail in the coffin whatever happened later in the season. Especially with their performances being so bad.

wildthing74

As an unlikely a signing as you would expect at this stage of his career but bloody brilliant for the league if Hull are able to bring back their poached big name players.Doubt Stevie Lee is in a rush to leave Panthers but never thought in a million years they would get him back in his prime and what a kick in the balls for Belfast.

Mooney#16

Or are Giants going to use his wages on the import increase are run five and Kevin Philips. I doubt it but he may have been cut.

Koop11

I think this move is an outcome of the new import rule. I would imagine Belfast are paying a healthy wage to Murphy, Sheilds, Garside and Phillips. The reality next season is clubs can gamble and roll with just 3 starting Brits. I wouldn’t be surprised to see other clubs make moves (perhaps the likes of Stevie Lee and Phil Hill)

Nevertheless, this is a great move for Hull having one of their own return.

Foxy

Well i did not expect that one. :shock:

Can we announce the re-signing of our Brits now..... getting worried.

Devil_Abroad

Thompson for Steelers - apparently rumoured before Adams was sacked - and now lauded over by of course his best friend but not the reason why Simms lol

Have to say that this league is starting to boil - bring on August!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gaz G

Weber and Thompson are 2 very very good signings. The season ahead just got a lot harder in my opinion.