Confirmed Signings (& some departures) - All teams 2015/16

Ocko

Re: Confirmed Signings (& some departures) - All teams 2015/

wildthing74 said:
Ocko said:
Paul Swindlehurst signs for Storm. Great signing for them.

Keep him for next year and in Davies, Swindlehurst and Phillips they will have one of the best Brit contingents in the league.
Agreed but can you see Phillips being there? I can't.
Not really. He went to Hull to go home, they went bust and he had nowhere to go right?

Although with the import limit rising (ridiculous) he may not find a spot on one of the top teams so you never know. The worry is then the Storm blowing all their money on Brits. With 14 other players to sign. If funds are tight it will be tough to afford those 3.

wildthing74

With Giants Brits getting older I can see him going back there next year. Shame Hull went belly up as it was a great move for them and everybody else in that it spread the Brits outside Sheff,Nott & Belfast.Like you say the import limit rising is a joke and the National team will suffer.

James

Administrator

Transfer deadline would only affect ITC card holders? I assume Brits are still free to move clubs. Nottingham are calling Swindlehursts move a 'loan'

ASHIPP

James said:
Transfer deadline would only affect ITC card holders? I assume Brits are still free to move clubs. Nottingham are calling Swindlehursts move a 'loan'
Is it a ploy to solve the problem of too many defencemen? They have signed two defencemen in the last two days. Even with Mosey playing as a forward, they still have 3 British defencemen to play along with their imports.......all fighting for icetime. They were not going to let Lee or Oakford go - both locally trained players.

Swindlehurst will get much more icetime at the Storm and be a real asset. Hope they can keep him for next season. Panthers already have a ridiculous number of British players, all whose icetime might be reduced next season if the import level rises.