Confirmed Signings (& some departures) - All teams 2015/16

Have Hope#35

Re: Confirmed Signings (& some departures) - All teams 2015/

No real mention of why Matt Caria was let go, I know points aren't all you're expected to provide but he appeared to be doing a good job... Roehl is a decent pick-up but he didn't exactly offer that much more than around a PPG last time he was here and that's what Caria was doing!?

Scoring isn't really the problem, Storm are averaging 3.4 goals for per game, equal to belfast and only slightly below Cardiff & Sheffield. The problem is the other end where on average 4.33 goals per game are going in. That's 0.9 per game worse than Coventry and over 1 pg worse than Fife.

Caria had no interest in backchecking or defending (not sure why he was put on the PK...). Roehl might not score as many goals as Caria but he'll certainly help out more in defence.

I think a change was needed in order to make the playoffs, sundays game was a good performance against Dundee but letting in 5 against Edinburgh is not good enough and cannot continue. Storms run in is:
Dundee x3
Edinburgh x2
Braehead x4
Sheffield
Fife
Cardiff
Coventry

Need to be looking at winning all the games against Dundee, Edinburgh, Fife & Coventry for a chance to get in to the playoffs

wildthing74

DevilDom said:
SheadMixer said:
Mark Thomas back to Steelers
Shame the Storm couldn't pick him up if this is true.
Pretty sure he will end up there sooner or later. I always thought he would go back to Steelers this year and surprised it's taken so long.

Not a player I've ever rated or liked tbh and I'm sure his and the likes of Hewitt/Phillips Steelers careers are nearing the end and Sheffield I reckon will be in the Brit market strong in the summer.

Temme

Caps sign: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=47013

Very good numbers at NIHL level, but EIHL is completely different mustard.

Without disrespecting the capitals and their fans, that signing reeks of "we have sold our expensive players, but will sign cheaper local players to make it look like we are still competing this year whilst secretly keeping budget for next year."

Devil94

Kevin Quick was one of the players in the league last year that I would have liked us to sign. Think he's a very good player.

Devil_Abroad

Seems Mr Simms is at it again dangling a carrot in front of everyone on Twitter.....

Keep your Twitter on at 12.30 - wouldn't want to spoil the news for you. Good little move this one though.

Now what........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ocko

Paul Swindlehurst signs for Storm. Great signing for them.

Keep him for next year and in Davies, Swindlehurst and Phillips they will have one of the best Brit contingents in the league.

Devil_Abroad

Wow, how did you get to know that one? I wonder if we will sign one more Brit to go with extra import and so run 4 solid lines next year?

Devil_Abroad

Devil_Abroad said:
Wow, how did you get to know that one? I wonder if we will sign one more Brit to go with extra import and so run 4 solid lines next year?

Aha, Storm Twitter lol

wildthing74

Ocko said:
Paul Swindlehurst signs for Storm. Great signing for them.

Keep him for next year and in Davies, Swindlehurst and Phillips they will have one of the best Brit contingents in the league.
Agreed but can you see Phillips being there? I can't.