Conboy. Ok.... here goes

drainage

Mooney#16 said:
I do find it slightly bizarre amongst the Devils fan base that Conboy is almost public enemy number one and getting scathing criticism with calls to sack him and no one actually seems at all out raged that Henley butt ended Ben in the head forcing his head into the ice. Seems bashing your own is just more fashionable these days.
Am not calling for his head ... Not seen footage so can't comment

However some fans whose players got away with virtual murder on refs/linos would do well to zip it ...there but for the grace of god etc etc

Only take the moral high ground if you have just cause to be there I think

osh

Mooney#16 said:
I do find it slightly bizarre amongst the Devils fan base that Conboy is almost public enemy number one and getting scathing criticism with calls to sack him and no one actually seems at all out raged that Henley butt ended Ben in the head forcing his head into the ice. Seems bashing your own is just more fashionable these days.

Well, public enemy number one !! Maybe 5 or 6 posters want him to go ( not a huge percentage of Devils fans it has to be said ). Henley got what he deserved, nothing more, nothing less. Personally, I am more concerned with getting our own house in order rather than trying to divert attention away by whinging about opposing team's players. Maybe if Conboy had been on the ice the other night, Henley wouldn't have done what he did, but sadly, Conboy was banned for his latest stupid antics. And before you have a go, I actually want him to stay, as long as G can get him to manage to stay on the ice for a whole game, otherwise, like others have said, he has to go.

wildthing74

Having seen it I can only say what a joke.Even fans of other teams(apart from few Panthers) saying it was harsh.To think that Hutchins hit and Henley combined got less for what they did.Official or not that does seem blooming harsh.

DevilDom

Must admit I was expecting him to crash into the lino and leave him in a crumpled heap on the ice after the comments on Saturday. Very soft for me and the lino certainly makes a meal of it. Silly of Conboy to get so close to him though and I guess he has been punished on reputation more than anything.

Seriously? What I heard was he had come from the other side of the ice and smashed him! He hardly touches him! It seemed to me that conboy clipped the lino on his right hand side and he skates away holding his left hand side! Well I guess it's done now.

Thread starter #91
LOL

Love the way the lino holds his arm like he's hurt from that.....

However Conboy acted like a tool for doing that, ends up tripping (by the looks of it) into the lino......

Anyway, 6 games it is and obviously the devils not appealing and disciplining him internally too shows that they don't really argue the ban surely.

Koop11

I was expecting much worse but can’t argue with the suspension as the intent is there. It’s hardly malicious. More intimidating but you have to make an example of such stupidity as physical contact with an official is a president that must be stamped out.

The incident aside, I was quite impressed watching those highlights with how much Conboy was involved in the play. He has something. He just needs to cut the crap out.

I’ve not been in the camp calling for Conboy’s exit and watching those highlights I feel no different. The lad needs to better channel his frustrations on the ice and use them to out advantage. He should learn from this.

osh

Got to agree with DevilDom and Koop11, seemed pretty innocuous to me. His reputation travelled before him and he's suffered because of it. As for the game video footage, where the hell were our defence on the night ?

Wagstaff

Koop11 said:
I was expecting much worse but can’t argue with the suspension as the intent is there. It’s hardly malicious. More intimidating but you have to make an example of such stupidity as physical contact with an official is a president that must be stamped out.
I can't see that it was malicious, otherwise the lino wouldn't have finished the game, but at no point was he heading toward the gate for the changeover and didn't make any attempt to make sure the lino was ok as you would do if it were accidental, so I agree with all of what you said here, pretty stupid really and the consequences leave you short again for a while!

Wagstaff said:
Koop11 said:
I can't see that it was malicious, otherwise the lino wouldn't have finished the game, but at no point was he heading toward the gate for the changeover and didn't make any attempt to make sure the lino was ok as you would do if it were accidental, so I agree with all of what you said here, pretty stupid really and the consequences leave you short again for a while!
We are still going to beat you though