Conboy. Ok.... here goes

Mooney#16

Hence why I think he needs to work on his gamesmanship. The fact is its about being a complete player. You can't go so far the other way your gloves are tied on and when the time comes your found hesitating but you have to be able analyse each situation on its merits and your teams current position in the game. Early season there is always time to find a guy later on but like you say points on the board count. He wants to be being intimidating not reactive to situations. Be the guy throwing the hit not reacting to one your team just took.

One thing I think people overlook is that coming into this league can be a shock to a lot of guys. Tough guys in North America play limited minutes. They get ice time to scrap or change momentum with a play then its back to the bench. Joining the EIHL and all of a sudden they a twenty minutes a night guys. To play physical for that many minutes is a tough ask and situations are far more frequent in arising. For Conboy I think he wants to play the game of a third or forth line AHLer but he is playing so many minutes it just shear ratio that dictates he's then involved in more stuff. To play higher minutes he has to adapt his game and mind set and personally I think this is his current route cause but playing the level he has you have to feel confident he'll figure it out and then he'll be a real asset.

very very lucky only to get a 6 game ban.
hanson said the official was pushed hard into the boards and that Conboy was also shouting obscenities at the time too.
according to the rules he should have received a minimum of 10 games

40.3 Automatic Suspension – Category II - Any player who deliberately applies physical force to an official in any manner (excluding actions as set out in Category I), which physical force is applied without intent to injure, or who spits on an official,shall be automatically suspended for not less than ten (10) games.

as I said very lucky indeed

Skippy

claretgiant said:
hanson said the official was pushed hard into the boards and that Conboy was also shouting obscenities at the time too.

40.3 Automatic Suspension – Category II - Any player who deliberately applies physical force to an official in any manner (excluding actions as set out in Category I), which physical force is applied without intent to injure, or who spits on an official,shall be automatically suspended for not less than ten (10) games.
Not that its relevent to the Conboy Ban but what did the Giant who slashed the ref last season get as a ban ?

skippy said:
claretgiant said:

Not that its relevent to the Conboy Ban but what did the Giant who slashed the ref last season get as a ban ?
Two seasons ago AAron Clarke, Got a six game ban,only difference is/was there was no physical contact

Have Hope#35

claretgiant said:

He probably was a little bit lucky to only get 6games... However the disciplinary committee owe us a few games back after the Coventry debacle in Oct last year...

wildthing74

I really don't see how many people feel so strongly about it having not seen it especially our friends from other teams.I haven't seen it and I'm guessing most people commenting haven't either.
For what it's worth my mate who's a Stars fan texted me when it happened and had been texting me updates all game. He said it looked accidental but looks bad as the Lino went flying and he even said there was a collision involving a Dundee player and Conboy just before.I don't know how accurate but he would have no reason to play it down.
For all it sounds bad I can't help feeling this is the league getting their chance to make up for the fact they couldn't give him a longer ban after the friendly.
Either way I hope we stand by him.We wanted and need a guy who will step up its just a shame this happened and I won't throw him under the bus especially just based on hearsay.

Temme

Very clever press release by the Devils.
Clear indication that they will stick by the player.

If this ban had been longer then I would have disagreed. He's got off lightly this time, needs to take it down, and who knows, he has the potential to be a devils legend of the future.

Glad to see that we've stuck by the player.

D

Deleted member 1337

James

Administrator
Steelers will be his first game back by my reckoning. Missing
1) Panthers 22nd H (already sat)
2) Sheffield 28th H
3) Sheffield 29th A
4) Giants 5th H
5) Caps 6th A
6) Caps 12th H

rolf

Right then, now Mr Conboy has been dealt with, why not try and get some justice for Brent Henley? He must be well-embarrassed at only a 1 game ban for his seemingly un-provoked assault on an apponent. Whilst we are at it we might try and give Sean Limpwright some peace at last as he must be suffering sleepless nights after going unpunished for his concussing assault on our netminder during a friendly.

How many of us fancied it may have been 15 games??

Mooney#16

I do find it slightly bizarre amongst the Devils fan base that Conboy is almost public enemy number one and getting scathing criticism with calls to sack him and no one actually seems at all out raged that Henley butt ended Ben in the head forcing his head into the ice. Seems bashing your own is just more fashionable these days.