Conboy. Ok.... here goes

So - in search of a balanced view, here's my conspiracy theory, having watched the highlights of the Stars game;
Conboy skates to the bench ranting and raving at the lino and manages somehow to injure his leg just as he reaches said lino, his leg sort of collapses under him and he makes an awkward contact with the lino. No real damage done but Conboy is too embarrassed / macho to apologise - probably feeling a bit of a prat. The lino lays it on thick relishing the chance to get Conboy ejected. He then get's tossed from the game - notice as he leaves he has already removed all his kit/padding/etc from the injured leg.
Adams doesn't appeal the 6 matcher because his player is injured anyway so there's nothing to gain but strikes a deal with Hanson - I won't appeal this one but you owe me big style next time.
For me the jury is still out on Conboy - but I'm gutted to admit I'd trade him for Salters in a heartbeat.
Now - did I ever tell you about the sniper on the grassy gnoll and how martians were controlling Lady Di.........

Wow! Didn't notice that, knee must have gone a bit funny or something. I get that sometimes just walking around, would make sense it.
Check you out Columbo, or is there just one more thing

rolf

coedduon said:
So - in search of a balanced view, here's my conspiracy theory, having watched the highlights of the Stars game;
Conboy skates to the bench ranting and raving at the lino and manages somehow to injure his leg just as he reaches said lino, his leg sort of collapses under him and he makes an awkward contact with the lino. No real damage done but Conboy is too embarrassed / macho to apologise - probably feeling a bit of a prat. The lino lays it on thick relishing the chance to get Conboy ejected. He then get's tossed from the game - notice as he leaves he has already removed all his kit/padding/etc from the injured leg.
Adams doesn't appeal the 6 matcher because his player is injured anyway so there's nothing to gain but strikes a deal with Hanson - I won't appeal this one but you owe me big style next time.
For me the jury is still out on Conboy - but I'm gutted to admit I'd trade him for Salters in a heartbeat.
Now - did I ever tell you about the sniper on the grassy gnoll and how martians were controlling Lady Di.........

wow I like this guy. I just knew I wasn't on my own here. Welcome friend

Conboy was silly to motion a check on a official and was rightly banned, just like Clarke for us last season even though his stick was only close to the lino. Conboy for me is trying to be con-traversal in what he does, maybe to impress the Devils fans. When he came to the league he had the rep as a tough enough kid but did not do any of this kind of stuff in the AHL. In fact he was not used as a main enforcer when in the AHL, as the Bulldogs had much tougher guys on their roster. He was just another tougher forward who actual put up good numbers for the role.

Last season in the ECHL he started showing signs of being a lose cannon at times, but for the Devils in the few games he's played he's head butted, jumped a few players, and motioned to hit an official which unlucky for him made contact, though it was milked by the lino. He's been banned more than he's played.

If he settles down he could be a very good player for the Devils as a tough power forward, and he's hard hitting and knows how to find the net when needed.

D

Deleted member 1337

oneill said:
Conboy was silly to motion a check on a official and was rightly banned, just like Clarke for us last season even though his stick was only close to the lino. Conboy for me is trying to be con-traversal in what he does, maybe to impress the Devils fans. When he came to the league he had the rep as a tough enough kid but did not do any of this kind of stuff in the AHL. In fact he was not used as a main enforcer when in the AHL, as the Bulldogs had much tougher guys on their roster. He was just another tougher forward who actual put up good numbers for the role.

Last season in the ECHL he started showing signs of being a lose cannon at times, but for the Devils in the few games he's played he's head butted, jumped a few players, and motioned to hit an official which unlucky for him made contact, though it was milked by the lino. He's been banned more than he's played.

If he settles down he could be a very good player for the Devils as a tough power forward, and he's hard hitting and knows how to find the net when needed.
Agree with this. but impresses the devils fans? So far not me