Clan v Devils - 08/01 @ 18:00 - League - Chat/Updates

Have Hope#35

The Match penalty will be automatically reviewed, DOPS do have the power to downgrade it to a game penalty.

we can only appeal it if the ban is over 3 games if i remember correctly.

I hope Kirkham sees what we all see in the hit and the match is downgraded.
You can appeal anything added to the Match... If DOPS get this right they'll downgrade it to nothing more than 2mins for Charging (even that is harsh though)!

Last edited:

Devil_Abroad

But was it a head injury?

the hit looked identical to the one Bordy threw on Jim Jorgensen a few weeks ago and Jorgensen went to the bench pretty winded and hurt. but it was just a huge check.
A slight difference in the way he led into the check this time - feet do seem to lift off the ice. Not seen him do that before.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Also the Clan player didn't seem any worse for wear after the hit and seemingly no blood was split so to speak.
Just to clear that up because it was off camera in the highlights. Sullivan couldn't get to the bench after the hit. He was skating around in circles and into the glass near the bench...didn't seem to have a clue where he was. Looked like he had a black eye as well.

I might be wrong but is there not some sort of rule that says it has to be a match penalty if there's an injury like that as a result of a check to the head?

Electro

Did he return to the bench for the rest of the game or did he leave to receive medical treatment. Like diving, it's common in sport for one to act out an injury.

august04

Just to clear that up because it was off camera in the highlights. Sullivan couldn't get to the bench after the hit. He was skating around in circles and into the glass near the bench...didn't seem to have a clue where he was. Looked like he had a black eye as well.

I might be wrong but is there not some sort of rule that says it has to be a match penalty if there's an injury like that as a result of a check to the head?
Well I would have thought any black eye visible immediately after the hit would have been from a previous injury? It usually takes some time for a black eye to appear.

Devil_Abroad

It was a question asked as with all sports that have head injuries there is a protocol to follow, I have no idea if he received any treatment.

Kinda relevant as no treatment, no injury. No ?

Have you actually looked at the footage?

I saw the hit by Bordy on Jorgensen, the power behind it, in one movement he hit the plexi twice, hard, which resulted in 90 seconds or so of struggling to know where he was and how to skate.

Knowing how hard he can hit and seeing the highlights of the hit on Sullivan I'm quite willing to believe he wasn't quite with it. Of course it doesn't mean the hit was to the head initially and we all await the DOPS verdict.

Did he return to the bench for the rest of the game or did he leave to receive medical treatment. Like diving, it's common in sport for one to act out an injury.

Well I would have thought any black eye visible immediately after the hit would have been from a previous injury? It usually takes some time for a black eye to appear.
It wasn't immediately after the hit, it was during the handshakes at the end of the game that I noticed it. He left the bench then must have returned later on.

I didn't have a great view of the actual hit and the video isn't really that clear either, just thought I'd clear up the injury aspect of it though.

Electro

So he was perfectly fit to remain dressed and part of the team, sorry the hit for me was clean, it's a tough sport, with crap officials, making poor decisions.

Gazza272

It wasn't immediately after the hit, it was during the handshakes at the end of the game that I noticed it. He left the bench then must have returned later on.

I didn't have a great view of the actual hit and the video isn't really that clear either, just thought I'd clear up the injury aspect of it though.

If he was still suited up and part of the handshakes its either shocking duty of care by the Clan or he wasn't hurt at all.

Devil94

Tweet from Bordy complaining about the call. Makes me wonder if the Devils already know the DOPS decision and it's not been downgraded, and even extended.

bdevil

As much as I think the call on the night was bad I could never see DOPS downgrading the call so I think we've come out of that as well as we possibly could have. In fact I'm over the moon they didn't slap on an extra match..