Clan v Devils - 08/01 @ 18:00 - League - Chat/Updates

kristian

So Bordeleau gets kicked out for check to head could that result in a 2 game ban? Iam new to hockey so correct me if wrong.

Now iam not one for conspiracy theories but a twisted takes how long to heal. Prob a week or so .

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Russky

A huge win and a much needed 2 points after Belfast Lost to Sheffield. Sheffield haven't made any ground on us and we have gained a point on Belfast. Also Nottingham lose a shoot out to the Chavs ,who enjoy a four point weekend, Come on, be honest: who saw that happening before this weekend?

Last edited:

ASHIPP

Devils will not only have to play Belfast without Bordy, but the team will not be allowed to replace his absence with another player.

Brilliant timing with huge game against Giants next weekend. Hockey gods give us some luck with results this weekend, only to take it away again! Hope they can come up with a water-tight plan.

Good grindy result in a difficult place tonight. Fans don't know if the pressure of staying ahead of the rest might be a factor in recent team performances.

Devils just need to stay totally focused on one game at a time and believe they can do it.

august04

Unusual for Bordy, he's been a fairly clean hitter so far this year. Let's hope the ref got it wrong and it gets downgraded for the Belfast game. They're usually physical affairs and we need him for that.

voth26

Devils will not only have to play Belfast without Bordy, but the team will not be allowed to replace his absence with another player.

Brilliant timing with huge game against Giants next weekend. Hockey gods give us some luck with results this weekend, only to take it away again! Hope they can come up with a water-tight plan.

Good grindy result in a difficult place tonight. Fans don't know if the pressure of staying ahead of the rest might be a factor in recent team performances.

Devils just need to stay totally focused on one game at a time and believe they can do it.
Not sure Bordy planned on getting kicked out tonight!! unusual for Bordy usually he's a clean fair but throws hard hits. if Fitzy can get away with both feet leaving the ice as he landed a check to the head of Lord, then so should Bordy who has no past history of checking to the head, oh wait Fitzy is a squeeler and Bordy is a DEVIL, hmm let me think about that theory

ASHIPP

Not sure Bordy planned on getting kicked out tonight!! unusual for Bordy usually he's a clean fair but throws hard hits. if Fitzy can get away with both feet leaving the ice as he landed a check to the head of Lord, then so should Bordy who has no past history of checking to the head, oh wait Fitzy is a squeeler and Bordy is a DEVIL, hmm let me think about that theory
Bordy is a professional with no history of dirty play - where did I say otherwise?

The ref calling that tonight is bad timing for the team considering who they are playing next week. That is what I meant.

Hopefully Lordo will play against Belfast and leave out another player. Giants have some big bodies and slick forwards - the Devils will have to try and counter that.

Milky

Did anyone see Bordy's hit because this ref made some real questionable calls during the game?
Terrible performance by the ref from the first whistle. Calls Douce for 2 mins in the first 30 secs for slashing the keeper and even their players looked amazed at it.

Never thought I'd say it but I'd prefer Dean Smith!!!

Bordys a big guy, checks a small guy, ref ignores it, Finnerty grabs a stick and bangs the boards complaining and the lino calls the foul.

Very weak call.

After going to the triple header and now going to this game, I'll never complain about the refs at IAW again. It honestly is terrible up here.

Russky

Also a big shout out to OJ and his texters who provided an excellent service tonight. It was doubtful if there would be MNL tonight but two Braehead fans stepped in at the last minute to enable coverage, which in the absence of a webstream, was invaluable and incomparable in the quality of its coverage.

MNL last night created a new record for hits or views, I think this was mainly due to Braehead not having a webcast. Well Done OJ and the texters.

Last edited:

Russky

Terrible performance by the ref from the first whistle. Calls Douce for 2 mins in the first 30 secs for slashing the keeper and even their players looked amazed at it.

Never thought I'd say it but I'd prefer Dean Smith!!!

Bordys a big guy, checks a small guy, ref ignores it, Finnerty grabs a stick and bangs the boards complaining and the lino calls the foul.

Very weak call.

After going to the triple header and now going to this game, I'll never complain about the refs at IAW again. It honestly is terrible up here.
I also got the impression that the penalty against Bordy was only given due to Ryan Finnerty throwing a tantrum on his bench and spitting his dummy out.

Also as there wasn't a webcast I bet DOPS will only have footage from the most awkward angle on the Bordy hit, not only that the incident will be edited out of the highlights footage made available on you tube.

Last edited:
Big 2 points against the Clan. They were depleted in numbers but it's still a tough job to come away with the points in their barn. Bordy gets a match penalty in the run up to a huge game with the Giants, talk about sods law but we'll have to wait and see what the outcome of that is, against the Giants he will be a huge loss for us.