Clan v Devils - 08/01 @ 18:00 - League - Chat/Updates

Electro

We can now look forward to the leash being placed back on him, poor performances and him wearing orange next yr.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JC23

We can now look forward to the leash being placed back on him, poor performances and him wearing orange next yr
I personally don't think we'll see Bordy anywhere near Europe next year after seeing an interview he did recently.

Canadiens moving their AHL team to Laval to become the Laval Rockets, just so happens to be where his wife lives.

He had AHL contracts offered this year, but said no.

He openly said in the interview if he gets an offer from Laval, he'll be there.

Sounds like a "come and get me" to Montreal/Laval to me.

Just my take on it.

Russky

Tweet from Bordy complaining about the call. Makes me wonder if the Devils already know the DOPS decision and it's not been downgraded, and even extended.
The match penalty has been upheld. Bordy will just have to serve a one game ban but no additional games. Lets just be thankful for that.

I'd say now for Louis, Batchy or Hotham (A) or even Lordo to step up to provide the physicality needed in Bordy's place. Belfast are sure to try and exploit his absence and perhaps O' Keefe or someone else will start 'taking liberties' on the ref's blindside.

Last edited:

Electro

I personally don't think we'll see Bordy anywhere near Europe next year after seeing an interview he did recently.

Canadiens moving their AHL team to Laval to become the Laval Rockets, just so happens to be where his wife lives.

Just my take on it.
Wouldn't surprise me, we have a long way for hockey to go in the UK, but it's certainly a good little earner for people to come over, get what you couldn't back home and return without much of an effect being made.

Russky

Just to clear that up because it was off camera in the highlights. Sullivan couldn't get to the bench after the hit. He was skating around in circles and into the glass near the bench...didn't seem to have a clue where he was. Looked like he had a black eye as well.
If there had been a live web stream of the game available I probably would have noticed if Sullivan was groggy as a result of the hit. . But as it is, there isn't as Neil Black wont allow them. As I said Sullivan's reaction was not evident in the highlights, hence my assumption that he had not suffered any ill effects.

Last edited:

august04

Just my take on it.
I'm sure I read somewhere recently that he said he'd love to be back next year if the Devils wanted him and that next year he would be able to have him family over here with him? Maybe he's covering all options?! If he's back next season, great but if he decides not to return (or the Devils do!), I'm sure we'll find an adequate replacement.

If there had been a live web stream of the game available I probably would have noticed if Sullivan was groggy as a result of the hit. . But as it is, there isn't as Neil Black wont allow them. As I said Sullivan's reaction was not evident in the highlights, hence my assumption that he had not suffered any ill effects.
It was off camera, a live stream wouldn't fix that.

Electro

No players coasting in our team, also you need a mixture of youth and experience.
No offence, but there are a lot of people commenting on players within the team underperforming.

We're all seeing players fluffing, huffing and puffing.

Devil_Abroad

If he was still suited up and part of the handshakes its either shocking duty of care by the Clan or he wasn't hurt at all.
So the same could be said about the Blaze's treatment of Jorgensen? He was clearly concussed by the hit from Bordy yet he actually returned to the ice.

No one battered an eyelid.

Wannabe2

No offence, but there are a lot of people commenting on players within the team underperforming.

We're all seeing players fluffing, huffing and puffing.

Under performing and coasting are two very different things, you can be giving everything you got and still be under performing, where,as you can't be giving everything and coasting. As for fluffing, huffing, and puffing what's that all about. Devils ain't performing to their best at the moment, just as Steelers, and Giants ain't either. Consistency ain't happening for anyone at the moment.

Russky

Like Craig Weller Paul Bissonette and Rob Davison before him, I think Bordeleau is a one season wonder for the Devils. I think this is down to offers from other teams ie AHL and perhaps also his view of the standard of reffing in the EIHL compared to the NHL.

Last edited:

Electro

Like Craig Weller Paul Bissonette and Rob Davison before him, I think Bordeleau is a one season wonder for the Devils. I think this is down to offers from other teams ie AHL and perhaps also his view of the standard of reffing in the EIHL compared to the NHL.
I'd also add his recent show of contempt for team decisions concerning his role, I'm sure being NHL brings a certain amount of ego and sense of achievement, it's common of people to defend their status when questioned by anybody who hasn't at least equaled it.

Devil_Abroad

I'd also add his recent show of contempt for team decisions concerning his role, I'm sure being NHL brings a certain amount of ego and sense of achievement, it's common of people to defend their status when questioned by anybody who hasn't at least equaled it.

You have no idea what's gone on between him, the coach, and the management. You also don't know him or his thoughts.

Electro

You have no idea what's gone on between him, the coach, and the management. You also don't know him or his thoughts.

That's in part kind of true, it's true that l might be completely wrong, it's kind of a given since this is a fan forum and the vast majority, including you don't know the ins and outs of the club, so whilst yes l maybe wrong, l may not have accurate information, your not in any position to tell me that, as like me, you haven't a clue either.

Devil_Abroad

That's in part kind of true, it's true that l might be completely wrong, it's kind of a given since this is a fan forum and the vast majority, including you don't know the ins and outs of the club, so whilst yes l maybe wrong, l may not have accurate information, your not in any position to tell me that, as like me, you haven't a clue either.

But then I'm not trying to make a point based on no knowledge of the situation - 'his recent show of contempt for team decisions concerning his role' - you know this?