Challenge Cup Final Ticket Details

Finny

Did you pay a booking fee ?
If so Page 15-16 though should help with any issues you have, regarding the Cup Final that may help others.
No.
But nor has anyone else. The article on the Devils website says booking fee, but the actual website where you purchase tickets from doesn't. You are paying £2 to register for Cup Final tickets. If your team is successful, the £2 is deducted from your booking fee.

If you are struggling to understand, it's a bit like when Cardiff City were in the Premier League. For £30 (I think) you could join their membership club. Doing so wouldn't guarantee you a ticket for a game, but without it you definitely couldn't get a ticket.

I know you think you are trying to make yourself look clever but you are actually doing the exact opposite.

Electro

No.
But nor has anyone else. The article on the Devils website says booking fee, but the actual website where you purchase tickets from doesn't. You are paying £2 to register for Cup Final tickets. If your team is successful, the £2 is deducted from your booking fee.

If you are struggling to understand, it's a bit like when Cardiff City were in the Premier League. For £30 (I think) you could join their membership club. Doing so wouldn't guarantee you a ticket for a game, but without it you definitely couldn't get a ticket.

I know you think you are trying to make yourself look clever but you are actually doing the exact opposite.
I simply posted a link for information purposes, I've not posted any opinions concerning the fee.

But thanks for your example, it certainly is an excellent example of a similar fee, clarifies it clearly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kettdevil1

Devils site states tickets sold out (checked at 13.10).

That's pretty impressive, (at a guess) an hour to get to that position. Given some of the more negative posts here it does seem as though there are plenty of optimistic fans ahead of the semi-final

Paul Sullivan

Just a thought, and I don't want to bugger up Todd's lovely system, but have any of you tried booking as another club's fan? Not that I would condone such a thing. Asking for a friend/# just saying etc etc.

It's a great system but I doubt it's secure enough to handle that...

pjj365

But if you do this and we get through you won't get your reserved ticket because they are already reserved by ST holders or the 200 who have pre-booked

But I had thought of this if Giants get through then thought - will they bring 1250 over? Probably mot so will take my chances on the open market

Pre-booking a Steelers/Panthers seat is, of course, different!

drainage

That fully explains the Devils organisation and its position.

Something to note for future CC final venues before the regular season starts, although many Cardiff fans, many of who are season ticket holders who do not rate the CC as a competition worthy of bothering with l bet won't be willing to sacrifice their seats for non season ticket holders who do rate the competition and have gone to CC finals.

When did you get the opinion of Cardiff ST holders ? I am a ST holder I travel every week by mid Feb I will have seen Devils play away in all 9 venues I also travelled to last 2 CC finals , just to assure you I do not stick the immediate area by my seat ! If we make it to final I will buy my ticket as is my right I may well decide to go if we don't but it's not to annoy non ST fans

Last edited:

drainage

Somebody regretting not getting a season ticket I feel? We don't get many benefits for ploughing our money into the club way before we know what the roster will be and before others who want to sit back and pick their games or see how the season goes so I think its great the management are trying to give something back. I would also add I have missed 3-4 games this season (games I have paid to see) but am happy to do so to secure my seat and support my team so before you argue that you can't make all the games - neither can I but still choose to get a ST. Thanks Todd for recognising this and giving us something in return.
200 tickets for non-season ticket holders!? What a disgrace. This is an outrageous ploy to get £2 each off thousands of people who won't even be attending the game. No doubt that will pay for a nice jolly up away for Todd and the boys #if2poundcomesyourwayyourewelcometokeepit. There are people criticising HothamCity's wise post and suggesting he should have a season ticket etc. Well this isn't a contest about who gives the most money to the devils - I don't have a season ticket and yet I attend 80%+ plus of home games and the ones I didn't attend were due to being away. I give hundreds of pounds every year following this team. I spent hundreds going to the play offs last year only to see us get humiliated and schooled by Coventry, I spent hundreds having a weekend following the team to Sheffield for the CC final, where we could have played all night and not scored. Now I'm reading people virtually suggesting any non season ticket holders only have themselves to blame for this rogue policy that has been introduced. Sorry for not being loyal enough and that my money isn't enough to be in your cosy fan club
Everything you paid to watch Devils I would suggest ST fans (or as many as none ST fans) paid as
I've recently taken up an interest in Ice Hockey but feel it's slightly unfair I can't see the CC Final because I'm not a sheep with a season ticket lining the pockets of the owners silk jackets!
£400+ for a ST is a big commitment to a new comer and I feel I speak for all new fans, when I say its slight favouritism giving every ST holder a reserved space even if they will not attend. I feel like the Big dogs have lubed us non ST holders and shafted us with Asselin's oversized stick!!!!
#moneytalks

JoeyhaddadsPIMS has brought up some strong points!
As a 30 year fan I take offence at your comment I am neither stupid or a sheep I decided in 1986 that ice hockey was my sport of choice I stuck with that decision I even kept my ST in Ragans last season when I paid to watch us finish in our worst ever position (I also watched 95% of away games)

i decided in 1986 to go for a ST and no it wasn't the £500 I pay now but at the time it was a commitment I made after a couple of months .... It's entirely your choice (as its my choice to buy one) not to go for a ST but don't be rude about those that do and no it's not favouritism it's loyalty

Diafol

What a ridiculous remark. You can't equate buying sports tickets with gambling. The whole £2 discount from the webcast if your team doesn't get to the final is an absolute farce and a sordid scam. If your team doesn't make the final, what are the chances of you wanting to stream the match?
Well I would.
I booked hotels for the last 2 finals well in advance, it was just good fortune that I was able to see the Devils play in both.

And I'll still want to watch a webcast if we don't make it and I can't get a ticket.

Electro

No expert, obviously, but calling the £2 fee a booking fee without actually booking a ticket maybe a bit of an issue.

Finny

No expert, obviously, but calling the £2 fee a booking fee without actually booking a ticket maybe a bit of an issue.

Like I pointed out before, there is nothing on the website where you buy the tickets from that calls it a booking fee.

But you were right about the other bit. It is obvious you're not an expert.