Challenge Cup Final Ticket Details

Rob Batch

The fact that 'demand' might outstrip 'supply' creates a very positive image for the sport. As Todd mentioned, a superb webcast will be available to the entire world ! Seems like all scenarios have been thought through.

Electro

It will certainly be a sell out and for those going, will have an amazing atmosphere and yes there will always be people that have an issue.

The issues concerning the IAW l hope won't spoil people's experience, the lessons of previous events been learnt and improvements made.

The UK has many venues that can accommodate ice pads. I'm a fan of doing things right or not at all. When organising a competition you should take into account the various factors, such as costs, a neutral venue, capacity, location, amenities etc. If you cannot accomplish those basic requirements, don't try to make do, scrap it, make an alternative, preferably one that works, that way the amount of issues will reduce drastically, reducing the need to "clarify".

Having said that l appreciate the difficulty Todd has, his sentiments concerning improving the event and in no way do l voice negativity his or the Devils organisations way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This whole STH reserved seats is rubbish. The only fair way to do this would be a free for all on Monday. Just goes to show what the organisation really cares about...... Money.

wildthing74

This whole STH reserved seats is rubbish. The only fair way to do this would be a free for all on Monday. Just goes to show what the organisation really cares about...... Money.
What a joke of a post.A free for all Monday? Yeah that's a well thought out response to a well considered format.

DevilDom

Somebody regretting not getting a season ticket I feel? We don't get many benefits for ploughing our money into the club way before we know what the roster will be and before others who want to sit back and pick their games or see how the season goes so I think its great the management are trying to give something back. I would also add I have missed 3-4 games this season (games I have paid to see) but am happy to do so to secure my seat and support my team so before you argue that you can't make all the games - neither can I but still choose to get a ST. Thanks Todd for recognising this and giving us something in return.

ASHIPP

Funny that because these arrangements show that the organisation cares about fairness and equality for the fans of all teams that might get to the final.

Electro

There maybe more making the same decision as DevilDom in future, the arena has limited capacity and sell outs are a reality.

If the league does get a grip, quality players continue to improve and games are more competitive, it's likely even getting a season ticket may become difficult.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jonesy83

Thread starter #37
Can't say I'm a massive fan of the way this has been worked out if I'm being honest as I'm not a season ticket holder. I go to about 80% of games a season but do so at times as a couple or a group of 4 if we bring the kids so don't have season tickets as we wouldn't be guaranteed to get seats together when they come.

Because of this I now have to try to get 2 tickets of which only 200 are available to me, no matter that I've been to all the challenge cup games so far this season and will be going to semi final as well.

Fingers crossed I manage to get 2.

I genuinely don't see the harm in putting the tickets on sale when the 2 teams playing the final have been confirmed, there's nealy 3 weeks between the 2nd steelers v panthers game and the final.

Finny

Can't say I'm a massive fan of the way this has been worked out if I'm being honest as I'm not a season ticket holder. I go to about 80% of games a season but do so at times as a couple or a group of 4 if we bring the kids so don't have season tickets as we wouldn't be guaranteed to get seats together when they come.

Because of this I now have to try to get 2 tickets of which only 200 are available to me, no matter that I've been to all the challenge cup games so far this season and will be going to semi final as well.

Fingers crossed I manage to get 2.

I genuinely don't see the harm in putting the tickets on sale when the 2 teams playing the final have been confirmed, there's nealy 3 weeks between the 2nd steelers v panthers game and the final.
Would that make it any different?
The Devils would still get the same allocation, with season ticket holders getting priority. So there would still be only 200 for other Devils fans.

This is standard practise for sports clubs. Season ticket holders get priority for away games, cup finals etc.

Overall this is a pretty good system. The £2 booking fee ensures people aren't just reserving tickets in case they want to go. If there was no fee then Im sure hundreds of people would actually change their mind after booking for free.

Allowing fans of all four teams to book at the same time also gives the final the best chance of being filled by fans of the competing teams.

And people can't complain about our season ticket holders getting priority. Season ticket holders should always get priority.
But this is supposed to be a neutral venue Mark, is it not? As a fanbase we have moaned about the play- offs and Nottingham's changing room " demands" and such for as long as the Elite League has existed. We are not in a position now to start holding on to "our" season ticket seats just because they are "ours". If there is to be a 50/50 split and we are good/lucky enough to make the final, I agree that Devil's season ticket holders should have first shout on A seat but not necessarily THEIR seat.

Finny

But this is supposed to be a neutral venue Mark, is it not? As a fanbase we have moaned about the play- offs and Nottingham's changing room " demands" and such for as long as the Elite League has existed. We are not in a position now to start holding on to "our" season ticket seats just because they are "ours". If there is to be a 50/50 split and we are good/lucky enough to make the final, I agree that Devil's season ticket holders should have first shout on A seat but not necessarily THEIR seat.
But they're not getting their seat. They're being guaranteed a seat if we get to the final. It almost certainly won't be their own seat unless by pure fluke.