Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2023/24

jenks33

Lammon was a strange one - the year before he signed he had better PPG than Conway, Owre, Neumann & Stevenson at Allen Americans - who have all gone on to be fairly successful in the EIHL. Possibly a player we didn’t really see the best of…

3rd line Centre is a spot I see as a really important player for this Devils roster - essentially he needs to have size, speed, good in the dot and be able to stand up for Waller/Barrow.
He improved after his injury but overall i thought he was pretty ordinary. For me he's one of those players that would be a good signing for a mid to lower league EIHL team but doesn't offer enough for a team that are hoping to win the league. I expected him to sign for a Dundee/Fife when he left and i think he would have done well there.

lloyd_jeff

I’m waiting for the Stampede announcements, owners have expressed many many times their winning ambitions and intentions to do whatever it takes to achieve those goals. Now we’ve got a coach more than capable of putting a winning team on the ice. Balls in their court, let’s see if there words are as big as their stetsons.

jenks33

Guess we're all trying to piece together the roster, with announced and rumoured players. What's people's thoughts on the positions we need.

I'm hoping we sign 15 imports, even if Davies returns to give us 6 Brits.
I don’t think you’ll be far off with that. I hope I’m wrong but I’m not convinced we’ll go with 7 D. I think you’re right with the forwards. I expect Ully to sign but I’ve got no idea who the first line RW will be or the 3C. I think they’ll be new players though

Wannabe2

I’m waiting for the Stampede announcements, owners have expressed many many times their winning ambitions and intentions to do whatever it takes to achieve those goals. Now we’ve got a coach more than capable of putting a winning team on the ice. Balls in their court, let’s see if there words are as big as their stetsons.
Jesus we have the best owners this club has ever had, the best Venue we have ever had, Are more financial secure than we have ever been, with the biggest Attendances we have ever had, are always up there with bigger clubs with more clout, and still the Moaning Mini’s keep bitching.

voth26

Sounds to me like we should give Belfast all the silver ware for this season now, I mean if you listen to everyone Belfast have won it all all ready without a game played. My point being it seems like the players Russell is signing or bringing back are already being shot down without a game played. We all know the giants will have a good side and will be favourites to win silverware but I don't think they will be invincible. I might be in minority but I think we'll be up there at the end of the season.

Wannabe2

We were up there for most of the season, and lost a play off final with a weaker team that what we will have this season, and all that was with one of the worse coaching duo we probably have ever had. Our team so far with hopefully Cox on board is looking pretty bloody good, How anyone can write off our club without even knowing who is still to come in is ridiculous. Our Brits are second to none, our Imports so far are up there with anyone, I have a pretty good gut feeling about this season, even if and it’s a if we don’t win anything we will give anyone a run for their money, that’s my good feel feeling.

lloyd_jeff

Jesus we have the best owners this club has ever had, the best Venue we have ever had, Are more financial secure than we have ever been, with the biggest Attendances we have ever had, are always up there with bigger clubs with more clout, and still the Moaning Mini’s keep bitching.
You’re missing the point, for the sport to remain entertaining and fair we need to keep clubs more level. If not we risk loosing the sport, at the moment clubs seem happy to allow the imbalance, the mystic cap of spending. If your happy to watch your club compete for 2nd or 3rd with little to no chance of winning anything other than the odd token game to keep it seem real, great, knock yourself out.

moggy#9

We'll have a much better idea after the summit. Putting aside the questions around wage cap, number of players, and coaching the key difference between us and Belfast last season was that when things were broken, they did something to fix the problem. We didn't.

hip check

Sounds to me like we should give Belfast all the silver ware for this season now, I mean if you listen to everyone Belfast have won it all all ready without a game played. My point being it seems like the players Russell is signing or bringing back are already being shot down without a game played. We all know the giants will have a good side and will be favourites to win silverware but I don't think they will be invincible. I might be in minority but I think we'll be up there at the end of the season.
How can anyone predict league standings before a puck has been dropped and final rosters yet to be decided?
Who predicted Guilford would take most teams to the cleaners last season, who knows whether they'll finish the job this season?
I think we had a thread about this time last season asking people to predict final league standings, I wouldn't mind betting most got it wrong.
We're gonna have a team that'll compete every match, they're gonna play fast physical hockey so let's just wait and see.

Hockeymad

It's easy to predict who wins the title.

Majority if the people predicted giants last season and were correct.

Majority of the people say the same this season.

They are the man city of eihl

And every year regardless of who man city sign they are always picked to win the league. And always do.

So it's a battle for 2nd

Wannabe2

It's easy to predict who wins the title.

Majority if the people predicted giants last season and were correct.

Majority of the people say the same this season.

They are the man city of eihl

And every year regardless of who man city sign they are always picked to win the league. And always do.

So it's a battle for 2nd
Belfast won the league by 2 points last season, thats 1 game and they were 2nd for a long time, they just lost their top scorer, it certainly ain’t a dead cert they will win it again. They may start off as favourite, but a lot of teams are strengthening, and they won’t have it all their way, no way.