Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2023/24

jenks33

If we do re sign Pietroniro, I see him being our spare import. Would like to see us run a spare straight off the bat and means everyone in the lineup needs to perform
He would be a great spare import as he can cover forward and D. That would keep a lot of players on their toes.

Ully, Arniel, A.N.Other
Cox, Martin, Sanford
Waller, Busch, Barrow
Brandt, Davies, Duggan
Pietroniro

I’m happy enough if that’s our forward group to be fair.

Last edited:

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #645
I've updated the front page again for the following players...

Cole Sanford
Josh Brittain
Josh Batch
Ben Bowns

If i've missed something/anything please let me know :)

jenks33

Any clues, ideas or hopes on the signing inns tonight?
It will be interesting to see how many signings they announce tonight. Will they announce all the signings or keep 1 or 2 back.

Cox, Crawford, Davies, Mosey, Pietroniro, Ully, Donaghey, Busch, Booth.

I assume we’ve signed a first line RW but I’ve still got no idea who that is.

It will be interesting to see how many signings they announce tonight. Will they announce all the signings or keep 1 or 2 back.

Cox, Crawford, Davies, Mosey, Pietroniro, Ully, Donaghey, Busch, Booth.

I assume we’ve signed a first line RW but I’ve still got no idea who that is.
have heard Crandall is returning so possibly him ?

moggy#9

Well, I'm assuming that the remainder of the team will be announced, if we're using Belfast (who only have one left to announce).

Interesting yesterday was the visit to the flames development camp. I wonder what that was all about.

Finny

The average number of announcements from Calgary in earlier seasons was 5, and often they were mostly re-signings.

Last year they broke the mould and announced 5 new signings and 4 re-signings. Which seemed too many at the time but I think was more to do with the way they announced them.

I think we have potentially 11 signings left? That would seem a lot for one go.

I guess if everyone is signed then it might make sense to announce them all now. The longer you leave it the more chance of them getting leaked.And it would give each owner one re-signing and one new signing.

I‘ll go for announcing:

Re-signing Cox
Re-signing Davies
Re-signing Crawford or Jardine
Re-signing Pietrenero (as a spare forward/D)
Signing new Dman
Signing new 1st line winger
Signing new 3rd Centre
Signing new netminder

And I guess the question is whether they also announce Mosey or keep dragging that one out until the very end of the summer as a joke.

The average number of announcements from Calgary in earlier seasons was 5, and often they were mostly re-signings.

Last year they broke the mould and announced 5 new signings and 4 re-signings. Which seemed too many at the time but I think was more to do with the way they announced them.

I think we have potentially 11 signings left? That would seem a lot for one go.

I guess if everyone is signed then it might make sense to announce them all now. The longer you leave it the more chance of them getting leaked.And it would give each owner one re-signing and one new signing.

I‘ll go for announcing:

Re-signing Cox
Re-signing Davies
Re-signing Crawford or Jardine
Re-signing Pietrenero (as a spare forward/D)
Signing new Dman
Signing new 1st line winger
Signing new 3rd Centre
Signing new netminder

And I guess the question is whether they also announce Mosey or keep dragging that one out until the very end of the summer as a joke.
Am hoping for a mosey on a paddle board announcement

jenks33

Let's hope not. That would be really disappointing.
If we have re-signed Crandall I think he will be on the third line and Barrow on the first. That won’t worry Belfast or Sheffield in the slightest in my opinion. Now if Barrow is on the third line and we’ve signed a new 1st line RW with an impressive CV we suddenly look very strong. Getting rid of Reid, Thompson, Brittain, Penny, Crandall are/were easy decisions for me.

Last edited:

Finny

Am hoping for a mosey on a paddle board announcement
What would have been great was if Mosey was in the background or serving everyone else drinks and nobody made any reference to him.
However Mosey has said on twitter he is currently in Dakota so missed opportunity I guess.

What would have been great was if Mosey was in the background or serving everyone else drinks and nobody made any reference to him.
However Mosey has said on twitter he is currently in Dakota so missed opportunity I guess.
Possibly a Pope style announcement incoming then

Wannabe2

If we could have the Crandall of 2 seasons ago, I would take that he is a very talented player who to me was dragged down by others.

Last edited:

Devils86

Biggest announcement will be the other NM, whether that's tonight or later in the off-season. That signing will be key as to whether we are going to challenge for any silverware. And if it's an underwhelming signing then the pressure on Bowns to have an incredible season will be huge.