Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2016/17

Ok, these are my three lines without our last addition who will help form our fourth.

ULMER | BENTIGVOLIO | ASSELIN

DOUCET | MARTIN | MORISSETTE

LORD | MYERS | HADDAD

That 3rd line has goals too lol!!

tim78

Shame Hervato left could see him hitting the first line for the start of the season whilst Asselin warms up after a year out. Ben Davies is a perfect replacement though and gives the team options for another import be it on d or forward. (Another tough stay at home d would be preffered). Lets make it a sell out every night.

ULMER | BENTIGVOLIO | DAVIES

LORD | MARTIN | MORISSETTE

DOUCET | MYERS | HADDAD

CULLIGAN | JONES | ASSELIN

Re: Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2016/17

terry hunt said:
I wonder how a Brit line of Piggot,Jones and Davies would do.

A bit small but plenty of energy there as a 4th line.
If you did that who would you drop though because I may be wrong here but I think we have 20 skaters without Davies so I'm expecting Piggott to be an extra skater who will be rotated in to cover injuries and suspensions. So that we can stick with 4 lines.

SteveKing

OK folks. I'm just boarding a plane to Peru with the family so I'm going to be out of contact for the next couple of weeks. I know you guys love clues and are anxious for more toughness. So my parting advice is to be patient and trust us on this. This team is going to be deep and talented with people in the right roles throughout the lineup. A couple of things are still being worked through but just remember my advice as I'm wrestling Anacondas in the Amazon!

Can't wait to get back and watch those first few games.

SteveKing said:
OK folks. I'm just boarding a plane to Peru with the family so I'm going to be out of contact for the next couple of weeks. I know you guys love clues and are anxious for more toughness. So my parting advice is to be patient and trust us on this. This team is going to be deep and talented with people in the right roles throughout the lineup. A couple of things are still being worked through but just remember my advice as I'm wrestling Anacondas in the Amazon!

Feliz viajes amigo!

SteveKing said:

You need to be careful wrestling with an anaconda, that's a pretty Big Snake, even for an Albertan like Robin!! ;)

Have Hope#35

SteveKing said:

Have a good time... I can't work out whether there's a clue in this or not? I like the guess of Robin Big Snake :lol:

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #514
SteveKing said:
Anacondas in the Amazon
Earnie said:
The Amazon is not in Peru so maybe the clue is the capital letter 'A' ?
Someone with a first and last name beginning with A perhaps?

At first I thought it might be team related, but EliteProspects has no viable teams with the name Anaconda or Amazon...

Finny

Christopher Rivera would fit the clue. Is a dual nat and is the speedy physical winger we're looking for.

Unfortunately he's already signed in the Swiss top league. :DWD

Lots of players with River in their name. No others dual-nats though according to elite prospects.

SteveKing

I better clarify! I actually am in Peru. The Amazon actually is in Peru. We are not signing a player that has anything to do with the Amazon, river or snake!!! The only point was to be patient. The player you all want may take a bit more time. OK...back to the jungle!

DevilDom

SteveKing said:
I better clarify! I actually am in Peru. The Amazon actually is in Peru. We are not signing a player that has anything to do with the Amazon, river or snake!!! The only point was to be patient. The player you all want may take a bit more time. OK...back to the jungle!
:lol: I was wondering why people thought it was a clue as to the next signing!

I think the roster is absolutely stacked with skill and goals and looks very exciting. Personally with Louis and Batch and back up from a few others when needed we have enough toughness especially with a full season on the larger ice pad meaning skill and pace are a much more important commodity this year. I do think a lot of Devils fans will need a to accept a change in the type of hockey we play at home now and a move away from teams that are built around making it uncomfortable for others to play to being a team that is doing most of the play.

jimmy snels

SteveKing said:
I was genuinely thought it was a word puzzle :lol: