Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2016/17

Devil_Abroad

Re: Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2016/17

Wow - seems he's an all rounder - Doucet found a good replacement for us

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Slartibartfast

So Simms has started his usual gone by Christmas nonsense with David Brine. How disrespectful is this guy.
Someone then said he played for Thompson, has moved around a bit and is slated as lazy on forums.
So I had a look at his recent German teams.
He was released from Riessersee mid season as they had 5 imports. (DEL2 teams can play only 4). The decision was taken by the owner (probably for financial reasons). The coach disagreed with decision. In fact he disagreed so much he resigned over it.
Brine then moved to Frankfurt. Although he is not one of the big point scorers fans describe him as a defensive player who hardly ever gives the puck away, plays a perfect pass and is terrific on face offs.
Sounds like a good upgrade on Hervato to me.
Gone by Christmas? I think not Simmsy
Cant wait for him to score against the Steelers

pjj365

In his interview he says he took a call from Douc and then talked to Andrew. Lordo also played with him briefly a few years ago

He also shows an awareness of leauge priorities

Seems a pretty solid basis for recruitment to me

Hope he enjoys Nottingham next year

voth26

pjj365 said:
In his interview he says he took a call from Douc and then talked to Andrew. Lordo also played with him briefly a few years ago

What's Nottingham next yr about??

ASHIPP

Slartibartfast said:
So Simms has started his usual gone by Christmas nonsense with David Brine. How disrespectful is this guy.
Someone then said he played for Thompson, has moved around a bit and is slated as lazy on forums.
So I had a look at his recent German teams.
He was released from Riessersee mid season as they had 5 imports. (DEL2 teams can play only 4). The decision was taken by the owner (probably for financial reasons). The coach disagreed with decision. In fact he disagreed so much he resigned over it.
Brine then moved to Frankfurt. Although he is not one of the big point scorers fans describe him as a defensive player who hardly ever gives the puck away, plays a perfect pass and is terrific on face offs.
Sounds like a good upgrade on Hervato to me.
Gone by Christmas? I think not Simmsy
Cant wait for him to score against the Steelers
Dave Simms- the professional face of British ice hockey....not. 'All opinions are my own ' he says on his Twitter ....unless his best friend Thompson has told him what he should think and say!
Really hope he steers clear of the IAW when Steelers are in town....he makes them look unprofessional and stinks the arena out.

Electro

Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2016/17

No don't wish that, Mr Simms should be welcomed at the IAW.

He loves the hatred, it's banter to him, he can deal with that. He had it from his father when he was a chubby soft child. What he cannot cope with is loyal fans watching a professional team beating his.

You need to give a man a decent shovel, how else is he going to finish digging that grave of his.

That is how you get to him.

pjj365

voth26 said:
pjj365 said:

What's Nottingham next yr about??
What else but the Playoffs

mazza03

Electro said:
No don't wish that, Mr Simms should be welcomed at the IAW.

He loves the hatred, it's banter to him, he can deal with that. He had it from his father when he was a chubby soft child. What he cannot cope with is loyal fans watching a professional team beating his.

You need to give a man a decent shovel, how else is he going to finish digging that grave of his.

That is how you get to him.

Crikey a post from Electro that I agree with, wow.

Electro

We are all part of the "Hockey Family".[emoji182]

terry hunt

It seems odd for Simms to slag off Brine.

He was club captain at Aalborg and his national team.

Perhaps he spoke out of turn to Thompson and he dont like that does he?

Devil_Abroad

Sorry, I've come late to this - was this a tweet from Simms?

Devil_Abroad

Read it - he can have his opinions - we all do - and they all differ in one way or another. He must have some basis for the opinion so we assume that's from his friend

I go with our owners, coaches, players and their links - they will sometimes makes a mistake - haven't seen one yet - so I'm pretty comfortable with this pick up