Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2016/17

bb1

Wannabe2 said:
Done a lot of research on this young man, and he is tougher than what people think,
1 His fights have been in the AHL, some on his losses have been when he was24/25 and against top class fighters, guys who are real tough guys.
1. Bobby Robins who has beaten Fitzgerald/ Bootland/Hollweg
2. Jimmy Bonneau who has beaten Tidball/Leblond/Engelland/Boogard/Klotz/Keefe/Fitzgerald/Gratton
3.Matt Pelech who has beaten Eric Neilson/ Keefe/Robins X 2/Fitzgerald.
4. Zack Stortini who has beaten Colt King/ Rypien/ Parros/ Prust/ Fitzgerald.
5.Dalton Smith who has beaten Robins/Lepine/ Yonkman
6. Darren Kramer who has beaten Stortini/ Jannsen
7. Josh Gratton say no more
8. Brett Gallant who has beaten Klotz/Robins/Fitzgerald/Konopka X 2
9. Alex Gallant who has beaten Brian McGratton/ Drew with Bissonnette
So there we are, this young man is far tougher than I thought,and probably others thought the same.
Just need a power forward now in the Ian McIntyre mould, and happy days.

He's definitely tough no doubt about that.

I think we need a tough euro also which aren't easy to find. I've posted this guy on before and have to say he is very very tough. Plays both d and fwd.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=37859
http://dropyourgloves.com/Fights/FightC ... ayer=25461

Some great tilts and he can hit like a train!

Good numbers also.
I just hope this is the type we bring in.

Ocko

After listening to Lord's interview I think a lot of people may be disappointed - I don't think we're looking for a tough guy.

He said that before we signed Louis we had Hervato and Russell wrapped up until they pulled out. That would've completed our roster. With no further enforcers. Clearly that may change due to the opportunity however it obviously wasn't on the agenda two weeks ago.

Personally, I think that would've left us too small in the forwards. Our D is perfect IMO, a really good balance. But with the original plan for forwards that would've left us with only Haddad, Myers and Lord with any size and pretty much zero toughness. Our only tough players would be D men, which is very risky. I hope this opportunity lets us reconsider the plan a bit. We aren't weak by any means but I don't think we have any deterrence for the likes of Fitzy and Desbians. Louis can only take on so many and I wouldn't expect Batch to be fighting every week.

Just my opinion but I don't get the negativity with the roster. Mark Louis is a huge upgrade on he do (I did love he do and everything he did for us). Huge body that can skate and having played forward may see at times opportunities to push up (I know he's been signed as s stay at home) . The boys got wheels and can hit like a freight train. The forward line up is stacked with talent and id rather see two further skilled based players in the similar mould of Russell and herv sign. Team toughness is definitely there with two big boys that are not going to take sh*t from anyone this year.
I'm incredibly happy with the way our team is shaping up, huge upgrade on firepower and a very legitimate heavyweight coming in to compliment bat by. C'mon the boys!!

Finny

Wow!

Seriously impressive signing. When he was mentioned before I thought it was someone just putting 2 + 2 together and getting 8.

Have Hope#35

Finny said:
Wow!

Seriously impressive signing. When he was mentioned before I thought it was someone just putting 2 + 2 together and getting 8.
Agree... He's a huge signing, plus he already has chemistry with one of our new forwards! He's a fairly big boy too so he's likely in the Lord/Haddad mould? I guess everyone will be looking for European Enforcers on Elite Prospects now then.

Mooney#16

Great pick up. Devils have some serious firepower up front and throughout all four lines.

That last signing will be mighty intriguing now though.

bdevil

If Layne Ulmer has a Uni place, surely this signing was in the pipelines for a while and not a signing as a result of Hervato and Russell leaving. If that's the case that would have resulted in us having an extra import?

I'm genuinely buzzing for the season now, with this guy coming in as well as having Benti, Asselin, Louis, Hoth and Myers I think we've got a really, really strong team that will cause a lot of people a lot of problems.

Hopefully the last signing's a tough forward, but on paper this team has got potential to win right through it. Great work from Lordo and Todd on the recruitment front, the sooner the season starts the better!

Ulmer is a great signing and really complements Bentivoglio. If we gel we will score a mountain of goals. However, Ulmer does not hold an EU passport (I believe) so difficult to get hold of a big EU tough guy, but not impossible. It's a gamble but maybe we will seriously outscore teams this season. Great signing and happy!

Finny

bdevil said:
If Layne Ulmer has a Uni place, surely this signing was in the pipelines for a while and not a signing as a result of Hervato and Russell leaving. If that's the case that would have resulted in us having an extra import?
According to the interview with Lord, they looked at Ulmer at the start of the season but then planned to sign Russell instead.
Perhaps Russell was planning on using the Uni deal until he got the job offer at home?

matbur

Great signing, guess the idea is to fire our way out of any slump. We're really looking good going forward. I can't wait to see how we line up and look against other EIHL sides.

I think we're going to find it tough pre-season given the quality of opponents but the team will be conditioned well and ready to go when the season starts.

My other half won't go to every game but I'm so tempted to get a season ticket now!!