Bob Phillips rises from the ashes !

Gospel

nmase20 said:
Gospel said:
I dont think anyone would object to Finny having some 'payment' for efforts put into the Devils but the point i think people are trying to make is that he has a vested interest, albeit small, and therefore maybe this comes across in his views/opinions/posts with regards to the ongoings at the Devils and comments made by others on here. Just my take on things.
Just because he does some voluntary work for the devils and gets a bonus for that doesn't mean he is not entitled to give his opinion. As far as i'm concerned he is not employed by the Devils, as a season ticket is not a payment, therefore he can say what he likes. Why it has become such a massive deal is beyond ridiculous, and shows that Bob has very little information he can actually dish out.
The guy is an absolute joke, he is a stain on UK ice hockey that refuses to be rubbed out, leave him make an idiot out of himself. Maybe after a while he will get bored and crawl back under which ever rock he came from.

I dont recall saying that Finny wasnt entitled to an opinion or to express it and neither did i say he shouldnt have any form of 'payment' for what he does. Personally I couldnt give two hoots what he gets for what he does. I think its a case that his views maybe stronger because of his closer links to the club and the vast majority of the fans. Thats my opinion.

With regards Bob, i remember what he did and hes clearly now got too much time on his hands and is just looking to make trouble.

Bob is sat somewhere in the Emiretes rubbing his hands togeather and doing whatever else bob does and laughing at all the people on here and Steeltalk and Twitter and where ever ever else he posts his nasty innuendos the man need to be ignorged and maybe we should have a chuckle or feel sorry for him ,

wildthing74

Finny said:
wildthing74 said:
I thought Finny has stated on here previously when accused of getting a free season ticket that this is not true?Pretty sure this happened only a few months back.
I can't remember that. And I can't imagine why I would tell such a lie. I admit that I haven't been going around telling everyone of my situation, because as this thread shows I will get accused of being biased and not giving an honest opinion.

And despite accusations from certain people suggesting otherwise, unless I make it clear I am posting information from the club - what I post is always my own person view.
Personally I couldn't give a monkeys who gets a free ticket to be honest Finny,I was just replying to say that I was sure you had denied it.Your business at the end of the day.

Re: Re: Bob Phillips rises from the ashes !

dmd said:
Bob is sat somewhere in the Emiretes rubbing his hands togeather and doing whatever else bob does and laughing at all the people on here and Steeltalk and Twitter and where ever ever else he posts his nasty innuendos the man need to be ignorged and maybe we should have a chuckle or feel sorry for him ,
Exactly mate

osh

On SteelTalk it's actually making very interesting reading to be fair. Finny has embroiled himself in the Bob Phillips topic and one or two alleged things are coming to light on both sides of the argument. It would appear that BP is about to make a definitive statement later on today ( or so he says ) I don't like the man personally, but his last explanation of the affairs of the club re ISL days also sees things from a different perspective. Having said that, I'm hardly a fan of Finny either ( apart from his very good match reviews of home games ) So, I am looking forward to the accusations and denials from both parties after today's latest revelations ! For those who say we shouldn't give BP any cred, well it's simple, don't read this topic.

Ocko

Bob told me that the match night car park attendants an safety stewards get free entry for the games! This is wrong and I now call into question every last one of them; their posts, their integrity and how biased they are!!!!

What has Finny's agreement with the Devils got to do with anyone anyway? Somebody has to collect the stats.... Wasnt OJ the statistican in the WNIR? - come forward OJ own up so we can call into question your every post!

Chris

Administrator
Why is it that people always seem to see one thing, and read something completely different out of a post on here.

I can't find a single post questioning why Finny has a free season ticket, no one seems to have a problem with that, his match reports on here and THF were always a good read, even if every fan from the enemy teams used to whinge and call him biased, now they're in the program potentially more people get to enjoy them.

What people have posted about on here is the alleged posts from last off-season where he may, or may not have said that he paid for a season ticket. I have no plans to trawl through posts trying to find something Finny may have said, I already have a backlog of things on here i'm supposed to have done but haven't :oops:

Now if only I could find that thread Bob has accused us of deleting... ;)

Chris.

Finny

The actual thread Bob is on about is from two years ago. He even links to it on Steeltalk and then claims you guys deleted it! :lol:

I have nothing to hide and so the thread is:
http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/forum/...9&hilit=I+believe+free+season+ticket&start=10
The daft thing is that this is the thread which proved why I resigned as a Mod despite Bob claiming it was because I hacked into the Inferno database and stole everyone's personal details! :lol:

As this was two years ago it was before I was doing the website stuff and in-game stats so I don't think I was getting a free season ticket back then. Perhaps I should thank the original poster for suggesting I get one! :lol:

This is just silly.

People shouldn't have to do stuff for hockey clubs for nothing.

I know Blaze volunteers who get a free ST, goal judges the lot. Should their posts be ignored or devalued??

Ocko said:
Bob told me that the match night car park attendants an safety stewards get free entry for the games! This is wrong and I now call into question every last one of them; their posts, their integrity and how biased they are!!!!
I was wondering when the stewards were going to be blamed. :|

Next on the hit list is planet ice. ;)

Ocko said:
Bob told me that the match night car park attendants an safety stewards get free entry for the games! This is wrong and I now call into question every last one of them; their posts, their integrity and how biased they are!!!!!
Are you actually serious, or being sarcastic? :shock: Genuine question.

Ocko said:

What has Finny's agreement with the Devils got to do with anyone anyway? Somebody has to collect the stats.... Wasnt OJ the statistican in the WNIR? - come forward OJ own up so we can call into question your every post!
Am i reading this right OCKO why do stewards get Free tickets.

Well a few reasons......Because they miss most of the games keeping people sat down or stopping people getting hit by the puck because they stop them moving around the arena.
And without them there would be NO hockey game. To name but a few....

I think you need to wake up and smell the hockey(sorry coffee)

E.D.S.

Come on now folks surely people saw the sarcasm in that post?! Let's not get to the point where we have to write "I am being sarcastic" before every post. Allow us to keep a little artistic license with our posts otherwise it's get boring.

steve

The only way around this is if we all make a Parliamentary style disclosure of members interests!

I'll go first - I wrote the brad voth song an so forgo any right, implied or otherwise, to give an opinion on mr voth, now or at any time in the future!

Bob is a vindictive horrible little man who likes to hide in bushes, and here we all are arguing amongst ourselves - I bet he loves it!

E.D.S. said:
Come on now folks surely people saw the sarcasm in that post?! Let's not get to the point where we have to write "I am being sarcastic" before every post. Allow us to keep a little artistic license with our posts otherwise it's get boring.
Which is why I didn't just wade in. I wasn't sure. I didn't believe he was being serious but previous experience on this forum tells me that yes indeed, we do need to all state clearly when we have our tongues in our cheeks. It's difficult to tell through text what someone can mean.

Anyway.. why are you all still talking about some loser with nothing to occupy his time?

osh

Clare said:
E.D.S. said:
Which is why I didn't just wade in. I wasn't sure. I didn't believe he was being serious but previous experience on this forum tells me that yes indeed, we do need to all state clearly when we have our tongues in our cheeks. It's difficult to tell through text what someone can mean.

Anyway.. why are you all still talking about some loser with nothing to occupy his time?
Steady on Clare, Finny has got plenty of time to occupy, he says he's got 2 jobs after all !! ;)