Bob Phillips rises from the ashes !

E.D.S.

Finny - tell us about your free season ticket that the Clown is referring to on Steeltalk?! What an idiot? Thanks for the game write ups though. Much appreciated.

DevilDom

Finny you are certainly getting something of a bashing over there on steeltalk! :lol:

I was recently made aware you got a free season ticket and had been told various things as to why. It explained a lot to me and I suspect its probably a mix of the reasons you state and the reasons Bob alleges but that's between you and the club. It's good it is out in the open and I certainly think it was right you resigned as a mod on here. The inferno has always prided itself on being completely independent from the club and its obvious you are not.

wildthing74

I thought Finny has stated on here previously when accused of getting a free season ticket that this is not true?Pretty sure this happened only a few months back.

You have to hand it to Bob, he knows how to brighten up a dull off-season :lol:

Fair enough if Finny is on the Devils payroll but IMHO it is a shame he hasn't been more open about it.

Chris

Administrator
I'm not sure what posts or threads we're supposed to have deleted that relate to what Bob is saying, it's not all that often that anything gets permanently deleted off here, we have all the threads - good, bad, childish, complete joke etc etc - from the start of The-Inferno since it was brought back to life.

The only thread that's been massively tidied up and posts deleted from was the pre-playoff thread that descended into chaos...

Chris.

Chris

Administrator
The amount of work Finny does for the club, he deserves a season ticket, whats the problem,
2 posts above...
I thought Finny has stated on here previously when accused of getting a free season ticket that this is not true?Pretty sure this happened only a few months back.
I imagine that's why.

Chris.

DevilDom

Wannabe2 said:
The amount of work Finny does for the club, he deserves a season ticket, whats the problem,
Nothing at all, however it certainly puts certain posts and viewpoints of his into Perspective.

Oh, and of course there is the fact he has previously denied it.

Like I said, for me its a matter between him and the club but I'll certainly be reading any future posts of his with a large pinch of salt!

DevilDom said:
Wannabe2 said:
Nothing at all, however it certainly puts certain posts and viewpoints of his into Perspective.

Oh, and of course there is the fact he has previously denied it.

Like I said, for me its a matter between him and the club but I'll certainly be reading any future posts of his with a large pinch of salt!
Thats the way their meant to b read, you lot just don t get Finny do you ?

DevilDom

jodysstillagirlsname said:
Thats the way their meant to b read, you lot just don t get Finny do you ?
I definitely get Finny very well now! He works for the club and gets paid for it which is the normal course of things. I have no issue with that whatsoever and its out in the open which is good.

If the club have asked him to do their stats for them it's hardly payment is it.I doubt Alex Ferguson is expected to pay for a seat on match days.

kettdevil1

The whole of Steeltalk is fantastically surreal at the moment.

Incidentally, I tend to write reasonably nice things about the Devils, Uncle Bob never gave me a free ticket.... He appears to think that this is the payment.... :lol: ;)

Bob is cropping up in 3 posts on Steeltalk, and after reading all three his comments leave a sour, or should I say bitter, taste in the mouth.

He obviously has issue with both the newspaper and Paul Ragan and using the fans to grind it with his insidious stirring. It also feels as though he is using this information release deadline as some sort of threat.

I wasn't watching the Devils when he was around, I'm a relative newbie, but this man is not presenting himself well at all and was clearly no loss.

J.B said:
You have to hand it to Bob, he knows how to brighten up a dull off-season :lol:

Fair enough if Finny is on the Devils payroll but IMHO it is a shame he hasn't been more open about it.
I'd hardly call it being on the payroll :roll: Devils like all other clubs have used and will continue to use volunteers, if that means they get free admission or reduced rates so be it because without some of them and their contributions, games wouldn't go ahead.
Just can't quite work out how Simmesy get's in for free and get's paid though up in Sheffield :lol:

E.D.S.

I still don't see the relevance. Whether Finny has a free one or not and whether he admits to it or not....what does it matter and who cares? Surely we have more interesting things to debate like why Bob has all of a sudden reared his rather unfortunate looking head.
I'd hardly class myself as Finny's biggest fan but if he does do some work for the team and gets a ticket in return then good on him.

Gospel

I dont think anyone would object to Finny having some 'payment' for efforts put into the Devils but the point i think people are trying to make is that he has a vested interest, albeit small, and therefore maybe this comes across in his views/opinions/posts with regards to the ongoings at the Devils and comments made by others on here. Just my take on things.

Gospel said:
I dont think anyone would object to Finny having some 'payment' for efforts put into the Devils but the point i think people are trying to make is that he has a vested interest, albeit small, and therefore maybe this comes across in his views/opinions/posts with regards to the ongoings at the Devils and comments made by others on here. Just my take on things.
Just because he does some voluntary work for the devils and gets a bonus for that doesn't mean he is not entitled to give his opinion. As far as i'm concerned he is not employed by the Devils, as a season ticket is not a payment, therefore he can say what he likes. Why it has become such a massive deal is beyond ridiculous, and shows that Bob has very little information he can actually dish out.
The guy is an absolute joke, he is a stain on UK ice hockey that refuses to be rubbed out, leave him make an idiot out of himself. Maybe after a while he will get bored and crawl back under which ever rock he came from.

Wannabe2

This thread is titled Bob Phillips rises from the ashes, lets get off Finnys case, he is one of us brothers, a avid Devils fan for heavens sake, not a whats in it for me merchant. We stick together in Cardiff thats what sets us apart from the other lot.

Finny

wildthing74 said:
I can't remember that. And I can't imagine why I would tell such a lie. I admit that I haven't been going around telling everyone of my situation, because as this thread shows I will get accused of being biased and not giving an honest opinion.

And despite accusations from certain people suggesting otherwise, unless I make it clear I am posting information from the club - what I post is always my own person view.