2017/2018 Rumours & Offseason nonsense

ASHIPP

Now the team is starting to take shape we can kind of see who will be playing where which leads us to see in which positions we still need someone.
I think both Hothams will return, along with Batch who will play as a forward. I also think Asselin will return but at the moment not sure about Murdy. Also not sure about Mo's plans. I'm sure if his injury doesn't force him to retire he will stay with us. So, all that being said this is how I see us lining up:

Bowns
(hopefully) Murdy

Richardson/A.Hotham
Louis/Fournier
S.Hotham/Paris

Bentivoglio/Martin/new 1st line winger (Douct replacement)
Asselin/Ulmer/Haddad
Faryna/Myers/new 3rd line winger (Culligan replacement)
Batch/new 4th line centre (Brine replacement)/Moore

The 3rd line winger role could be filled by a combination of Lord and Mo but since Culligan was signed I think there could be a replacement for that slot.

Opinions.....?
Lordo in an interview a few weeks ago virtually stated he probably wouldn't be playing on the Martin/Bentivoglio line. He also spoke about building a partnership with Matthew Myers. It's possible the Devils could have the toughest line in the league to play against next season : Lord-Myers-Faryna :eek:

Looks like possibly 2 new imports (line 1 and line 4) and Azzy to confirm in the forwards group?

Wannabe2

Just when you think it can't get any better, don't you just love Fridays. We are going have a great selection of top returning players, who know the club and league, along with some newbies who are hopefully going to take us up another notch. Just the Hotham's now, and please please please Asselin. Then another new face or two, and it's going to be a mighty interesting night down the bayside. If anyone don't have a season ticket for the best show in town, then seriously think about it, tickets are going to be like gold dust.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS

Vartel

Different spelling of the name - I looked at that too when i saw Dease's post!

perhaps thats why they are being sold :) :)
I totally missed the misspelling. Maybe that is why they are being sold. Or maybe a sign we have got a player with that surname incoming?

Glad we have got Louis and Ulmer back

Devil_Abroad

Don't think Scot will be back

And if we've signed Wacey nd Mo is back I think it will be something like this;

Richardson/A Hotham
Fournier/Louis
Batch/Paris

Benti/Martin/Top AHL player
Haddad/Ulmer/Asselin
Faryna/Myers/Rabbit
Mo and Lord/New Centre(Poss Stewart)/Moore

So we'll carry extra import as back up

We will have Murdy back to help Bowns

Also, we will have another 2 U23 playing for Fire but training with Devils - one being Buglass

Just my thoughts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What are people's thoughts on Murdy I personally think he will be back and would only have left if he had a starting net minder role within the EIHL. Everyone has signed their starters apart from Edinburgh and Fife now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Devil_Abroad

What are people's thoughts on Murdy I personally think he will be back and would only have left if he had a starting net minder role within the EIHL. Everyone has signed their starters apart from Edinburgh and Fife now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Loves Cardiff, loves Bowns. No brainer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jenks33

Based on absolutely nothing aside from he's Canadian, and has put up very good numbers in the AHL, played some NHL games, is a right winger and seems to have no contract sorted yet for 17/18, wouldn't mind seeing this guy on our first line.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=30686

(Moved this from the confirmed threat myself, as I got the wrong one earlier on)
It would be fantastic but I don't think an EIHL team will be signing a guy that scored 50 points in the AHL last signing. Would love to be proven wrong though - only if he signed for the devils obviously

JC23

It would be fantastic but I don't think an EIHL team will be signing a guy that scored 50 points in the AHL last signing. Would love to be proven wrong though - only if he signed for the devils obviously
Fully agree dude.

Just looking around at top AHL guys who would fit the bill for us and are free agents.