2017/2018 Rumours & Offseason nonsense

Wannabe2

Like this guy, hopefully we have signed him, looks to be a all rounder. Love the way we are shaping up, it's looking pretty neat. Come the start of the season we sure will be ready.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS

zoesdevil

Elite prospects showing that Rabbit signed for 'unknown' on the 19th June.

Some highlights
I must admit, he definitely seems like a Lordo & Cardiff Devils type player, in your face, rough player with a good skill set & likes to play in the dirty zone!! He would be an awesome signing!!

Vartel

There are two new unused Lewis sticks for sale on a hockey gear facebook group by Dease. As we all like reading too much into things, this clearly means that Lewis isn't coming back (or he is using a different stick if he does come back, or they were made incorrectly). I hope he is back

Devil_Abroad

Some highlights
Makes sense - maybe he was the player due to be announced on Friday 16th but there was a last minute hitch which meant Matt was announced instead to his surprise?

The hitch was then resolved on the Monday?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

voth26

Lordo did mention in one of his weekend interviews that he'll know over the next month where he will stand with the d-men, as some are looking to play in the DEL. Maybe A Hotham and/or Louis looking to play in Germany.

This guy has fantastic numbers and will make a good hotham replacement if he decides to play elsewhere.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=24345

He did originally sign in Austria for this year, but looks like he has pulled out of the deal. If you can translate this page, it's quite a read....

http://www.ecvsv.at/matt-register-will-vsv-vertrag-platzen-lassen/

If true, think it's better we stay away. But no doubt over his playing ability.
Do you have a link? Or where did you see it

bdevil

Some highlights
As far as I'm aware, it doesn't mean he's signed for anyone, it just means that it's been announced he isn't staying at his previous club and that his next move is literally unknown

Finny

There are two new unused Lewis sticks for sale on a hockey gear facebook group by Dease. As we all like reading too much into things, this clearly means that Lewis isn't coming back (or he is using a different stick if he does come back, or they were made incorrectly). I hope he is back
Aren't all the players' stick sold at the end of the season?

Bazza

At the recent kit sale there were a load of Lordo and Joey Martin sticks that were brand new being sold - and they are both back!!!

Hopefully just not wanted by Mark when he comes back!!!

Ocko

I saw that post and it does say 'Lewis' not Louis, which you would think would be a typo but the sticks were 77 flex... That's the softest adult flex you can get, I would be amazed if a player Mark Louis size was using something like that, he'd go through an insane amount of sticks and wouldn't be able to control his shots. I don't think they're his sticks.

Pondlife

Given that Faryna will be playing as 81 and not his previous 18 I'm hoping it means Ulmer is back. Please please please.(crosses fingers)

Ocko

Well Assellin was already coming back in April according to his Mam!

I don't believe for one minute we didn't have anymore players signed up last week.

bdevil

Now the team is starting to take shape we can kind of see who will be playing where which leads us to see in which positions we still need someone.
I think both Hothams will return, along with Batch who will play as a forward. I also think Asselin will return but at the moment not sure about Murdy. Also not sure about Mo's plans. I'm sure if his injury doesn't force him to retire he will stay with us. So, all that being said this is how I see us lining up:

Bowns
(hopefully) Murdy

Richardson/A.Hotham
Louis/Fournier
S.Hotham/Paris

Bentivoglio/Martin/new 1st line winger (Douct replacement)
Asselin/Ulmer/Haddad
Faryna/Myers/new 3rd line winger (Culligan replacement)
Batch/new 4th line centre (Brine replacement)/Moore

The 3rd line winger role could be filled by a combination of Lord and Mo but since Culligan was signed I think there could be a replacement for that slot.

Opinions.....?