2017/2018 Rumours & Offseason nonsense

Rentny Marr snapped up by Swindon Wildcats after Stevie Lyle leaves as club cannot agree on a mutual deal, maybe we could see the return of one of the very best GB netties if Maddog gets a starting position with another EIHL club or maybe as a goalie coach to an under 23 prospect?

Last edited:

Wannabe2

Because he plays tough, has size, and can score goals whilst actually crashing the net and screening goalies...aside from "scare factor" what did Bordy do that this guy doesn't do better?
He don't fight, he ain't tough, he would be rag dolled by Fitzy, Rosehill, and others. Sorry not for me. Alex Gallant however would be tidy.

Johnnybravo1927

Because he plays tough, has size, and can score goals whilst actually crashing the net and screening goalies...aside from "scare factor" what did Bordy do that this guy doesn't do better?
Fully agree. For me Bordeleau was all hype. Would much rather see this guy and get in a cheap goon like klotz to police the game. Ideally someone who can hit, skate, fight and score but they cost a lot of money. Best I have seen at this was Desbiens

Ocko

Why would you replace Bordeleau with this guy.
Because Bordeleau only played for Bordeleau.

He fought for himself and no-one else. There was no leash, Lord wanted him to fight more, he said he would but was never interested. And I've heard that from the mouth of someone in Devils management.

He was also paid crazy money. If anyone earns even close to Joey Martin, let alone more than they better contribute. He didn't for me at all.

Devil_Abroad

Simms states all Cardiff D men were offered contracts for coming season. Also went on again to state Brine not coming back - 'cheap'.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wannabe2

He fought for himself and no-one else. There was no leash, Lord wanted him to fight more, he said he would but was never interested. And I've heard that from the mouth of someone in Devils management.

He was also paid crazy money. If anyone earns even close to Joey Martin, let alone more than they better contribute. He didn't for me at all.
Okay I will rephrase that, why would you replace a player who was supposed to look after your skill guys, with a guy who don't fight. I agree about Bordeleau he didn't do enough policing, that I would imaging will be addressed.

Johnnybravo1927

Perfectly worded. Bordeleau was very tough but really wasnt that bothered. I usually like the enforcer type players and what they bring but some reason I never took to him

Why would Lordo want him to fight more? Would it be a tactical decision or maybe to gee the team up, or maybe even to get the crowd going?
We were top of the league for the majority of the season with Bordy not having to fight much so what would be the benefit of him spending more time in the bin?, if he was looked at as the instigator it would put us in a penalty kill situation.
Obviously the tactics and game plan we used was spot on as we romped away with the league, seems strange Lordo would want Bordy to fight more.
I have no doubt you are ITK and have contacts in important and responsible positions at the club, so would you be able to tell us who the club are chasing and the likely departures? Obviously we are all aware of the CJ and LP situation but would this contact spill the beans on progress being made on these potential signings? If you know the names and don't wish to divulge this information then that's fine.
I personally think Bordy stepped up when the situation allowed, he had the X factor and that stopped quite a bit of nonsense before it started, a closely fought game at 0-0 wouldn't be the right time to start a fight.
If your contact has revealed possible signing targets are you excited by the players involved?

bb1

I hope Lord plays a Batchy as a forward with a big tough banger and we can put a big stay at home D man on the ice who also won't mind dropping the gloves.

We need a guy on D who will because we don't want A Hotham doing it.....

Ocko

Mike Ware's Office, I have no idea who any new signings are! I have no contact just by chance being in the company of two different people on two different occasions who would definitely know for certain what I posted.

I find it strange that more people still think Bordy was told to not fight when the coach had a number of fights (fights he definitely shouldn't have to take) throughout the year. Lord isn't the sort of coach to put players on a leash anyway.

Last edited:

Wagstaff

Fully agree. For me Bordeleau was all hype. Would much rather see this guy and get in a cheap goon like klotz to police the game. Ideally someone who can hit, skate, fight and score but they cost a lot of money. Best I have seen at this was Desbiens
I like be the way you brand Klotzy as a cheap goon, when he fought, it was for a reason and he fought like he meant it, an example of this was Fitzgerald taking out Stewart, I presume you are comparing him to your man that offered out our bench, only he was an expensive goon that didn't fight an example of this is Armstrong taking out Bownsie!

Johnnybravo1927

I like be the way you brand Klotzy as a cheap goon, when he fought, it was for a reason and he fought like he meant it, an example of this was Fitzgerald taking out Stewart, I presume you are comparing him to your man that offered out our bench, only he was an expensive goon that didn't fight an example of this is Armstrong taking out Bownsie!
You may have misjudged my comment or I probably didnt word it very well. Klotz did what Bordeleau should have been doing last season on 40% of his wage. I like Klotz and would be happy to see him at Cardiff but I dont think he is a good hockey player. He is very effectivecat what he does

Wagstaff

You may have misjudged my comment or I probably didnt word it very well. Klotz did what Bordeleau should have been doing last season on 40% of his wage. I like Klotz and would be happy to see him at Cardiff but I dont think he is a good hockey player. He is very effectivecat what he does
The Coventry fans loved Klotzy and not just for his punching prowess, is he the sort of standard you need as an import?...... no probably not, especially this year as you venture abroad, you will need speed and skill and not punching power!

Johnnybravo1927

The Coventry fans loved Klotzy and not just for his punching prowess, is he the sort of standard you need as an import?...... no probably not, especially this year as you venture abroad, you will need speed and skill and not punching power!
I agree with that but as a player to step in when needed there arent many better and he wont cost much. Perfect to just bring him on when needed to deal with certain issues. He wont ice in the CHL games but wouldnt be needed anyway as euro hockey doesnt really require such a physical force