2017/2018 Rumours & Offseason nonsense

Wannabe2

I never feel victimised Rob, why should I. As for signings, I have total faith in Lordo, his results do all the talking for me. It's the best time in Devils history to be a fan, my season ticket is worth every penny. The very reason we are saying very little at the moment, tells me there are exciting news to come. Signing Mr Martin, Mr Haddad, Mr Bowns, amongst others shows wicked times ahead. As the saying goes, good things are worth waiting for.

Rob Batch

I would be genuinely interested to hear anybodies ideas on team selection ! Last years team was superb! If I was in Lordo's shoes I don't know what I would Do !! I personally think Andrew Lord is marvellous !! I agree with all his decisions !! (and I'm not on the payrole} ...

Devil_Abroad

What's interesting is the lack of news of any other player apart from Doucet leaving. We know Jones and Piggott had to leave. However, we were carrying 2 spare imports and we know that Todd likes to change at most 4 in the off season. Does that mean we could possibly have another 5 leaving? If they have made that a choice then why haven't we heard anything about them? Surely like Doucet they'd want to sign elsewhere as quick as possible?

I find that interesting.

I am relaxed about the lack of news as I too believe that Lord through his homework and due diligence will pull together a team good enough to challenge the best again next season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

zoesdevil

What's interesting is the lack of news of any other player apart from Doucet leaving. We know Jones and Piggott had to leave. However, we were carrying 2 spare imports and we know that Todd likes to change at most 4 in the off season. Does that mean we could possibly have another 5 leaving? If they have made that a choice then why haven't we heard anything about them? Surely like Doucet they'd want to sign elsewhere as quick as possible?

I find that interesting.

I am relaxed about the lack of news as I too believe that Lord through his homework and due diligence will pull together a team good enough to challenge the best again next season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Manchester Storm signing announcement at 10am, who knows could be one of our Brits?! It was rumoured a while ago about Jones going there!!

bb1

I would be genuinely interested to hear anybodies ideas on team selection ! Last years team was superb! If I was in Lordo's shoes I don't know what I would Do !! I personally think Andrew Lord is marvellous !! I agree with all his decisions !! (and I'm not on the payrole} ...
I really think Josh would be a great forward. I will never forget his hat trick up in Coventry and he's has a habit of scoring some highlight reel goals like the 2 he scored last season.

I hear people saying all season that he's not been physical enough but when he plays as a D man on a team going for the grand slam I completely understand why he wasn't playing overly physical......because we couldn't afford to make mistakes at the back as I would have cost us.

I also don't think it would be fair to rely on him being our main go to fighter. He's technically best puncher in the league imo but I feel if he was put on a line with a player like an Alex Gallant or Faryna and one other (in brines mould so not overly physical) they would terrorise teams D men.

Just my take.....

Gazza272

I really think Josh would be a great forward. I will never forget his hat trick up in Coventry and he's has a habit of scoring some highlight reel goals like the 2 he scored last season.

I hear people saying all season that he's not been physical enough but when he plays as a D man on a team going for the grand slam I completely understand why he wasn't playing overly physical......because we couldn't afford to make mistakes at the back as I would have cost us.

I also don't think it would be fair to rely on him being our main go to fighter. He's technically best puncher in the league imo but I feel if he was put on a line with a player like an Alex Gallant or Faryna and one other (in brines mould so not overly physical) they would terrorise teams D men.

Just my take.....
I think people also forget he was in the final year of his degree. It's an incredibly difficult undertaking mentally to be a pro sportsman competing at the level we did and also keeping on top of your studies.

Rempel16

We were linked with Pierro-Zabotel season before last if i remember. Can't remember why though.
He'd be more of a Morissette replacement i think, playing in the style of David Beauregard.