2014/2015 Player movement rumours

Re: 2014/2015 Rumour Thread of doom!

DevilDom said:
ASHIPP said:
5pm face off on Sunday? What about fans who work in Sundays? Any earlier than that and some of us will miss most of the game. It's ok for those who have every weekend off but we are paying customers who love hockey too.

Keep the face off times exactly as they are. At the mo at least most of us get to see some of it rather than only 1 period.
Keep your hair on, it was just a suggestion! Maybe a poll would be a good indicator of what fans would prefer?

Why bother, they wouldn't take any notice anyway now that they have x 509 ST money

zoesdevil

Ocko said:
Sunday night may have been traditionally 'hockey night' and it might be better for some, but is it better for revenue?

Also, the forum at the coal exchange, whilst having committed fans in attendance, did not and never would provide a genuine cross section of the complete paying audience. I'm trying not to offend anyone here but the majority in attendance at these things are 40+ years old. Most younger fans can't be bothered with fan forums etc and prefer the whole Saturday night out thing than a Sunday match.

But fan preference shouldn't make a single bit of difference, what is best to get results out of the team should be. If Whis feels we would be stronger by having Saturday games at home, them I'm happy to go with that. You might lose a few fans who prefer Sundays or cannot attend but having more home wins and better performances would bring in more supporters than lost, compared to Sundays with less wins and worse performances after a night of travelling.
Plus I think we would get a lot more families into games as there's no school the next day for the kids!

I'm quite happy that it will be Saturday nights. Just hopefully not many Weds or Thurs in there this season.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Rumour thread is a bit threadbare about players as we are spending a lot of it discussing preferred game days and face off times! I want rumours about Sidney Crosby coming to play for us (or my son does anyway!)

Whatever happens, they cannot please everyone. I don't mind a mixture of Saturdays and Sundays - whatever day the game is someone will always have something on that they either miss or makes them late. Sundays - we are usually there by the skin of our teeth due to our daughters netball training and who knows what games one of us will miss due to the Junior away games. Maybe we should have them all on a Thursday as my kids don't currently have any activities on that day ha ha..........only joking! :lol: :lol:

Finny

I think James asked for the average attendances a couple of pages back, but only had chance now to dig them out:

Season - Sat Av - Sun Av:

2014: 1469 - 1474
2013: 1392 - 1534
2012: 1457 - 1353
2011: 1552 - 1656
2010: 1563 - 1503
2009: 1403 - 1486

These only include league games, and don't really show any trend. Probably because it depends which teams you play on which days. If you compare games against the same teams then the Sunday fixtures appear to be slightly higher.

kettdevil1

So what you are saying is basically in years that end with an even number we prefer Saturday games, in those that are odd, Sunday is better...... :lol:

Earnie

It invariably finishes off with a good mix- probably favouring Sunday.
I can see that a regular Saturday home game would favour more home wins in that the team has not suffered some bonkers travelling and a game played with all that it brings.
From a team logic point of view I would favour Saturday home games. Personally Sunday suits me better.

drainage

davew said:
Sunday is hockey night.

Remember one of the forums at the coal exchange....

Brent "what night do you want home games played (or words to the same effect)?"

The Floor responnded with all hands voting for Sunday

Brent " You (the floor) would say that wouldn't you as you are ST holders"

Saturday may be better for the likes of Belfast (flight issues) but we should start saying to them we play you at the O on a Friday, not a Saturday.

IF we are going to change the home nights then arrange it before ST renewals are due not after...

I feel a lot of refund requests will be made if the majority of games fall on a sat. night.

I hate Saturday games at the moment as there are way too many drunken idiots walking to the bar etc in the middle of play and frankly If they want to drink - stay in the bar and let us watch the flipping game!
Surely until the fixtures are sorted they can't declare a home night??? We all know we work around the arena teams if we waited for fixtures we wouldn't be sorting tickets before July!

And I am sure over last few seasons Saturday has become the regular feature I could be wrong but think it's likely it edges it

Are we still talking about the fixture dates? Shouldn't this have it's own thread. This is the rumours one!

Clouts to Cardiff I've heard. Tendler to Netherlands. Ducet to France

Ocko

Clouts to Cardiff? In what capacity? Whis has a long term deal that was very public, he would have safeguards in place I'm sure.

He wouldn't be here as just a player, he's 40 years old afterall and looking to the next stage of his career. Clouts to us is complete rubbish IMO.

Shame the Caps have a coach in place, he'd be the perfect guy to bring the right style of hockey and make them competitive.

ASHIPP

Another rumour doing rounds today.....Peacock to Panthers. Their fans discussing possibilty of Lee and Lachowicz going abroad.