2014/2015 Player movement rumours

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Normally we'd have made some attempt at having a great preamble before launching this, but it's been such a shit season I don't think any of us could be bothered :(

But here's a thread anyway to keep the off-season rumour mill going...

Temme

Re: 2014/2015 Rumour Thread of doom!

Mark Smith to Braehead. (you heard it here first!)

Maxi to retire
Faulkner to retire
Matt Myers back to Nottingham.

ASHIPP

Fully expect to see Myers back in gold and black next season and Mark Smith playing in purple.
Won't be suprised to see several players including some of our British players with other Elite league teams next season.

voth26

id be surprised if myers went back to panthers seeing as they got shot of him in the first place, but who know eh

Finny

voth26 said:
id be surprised if myers went back to panthers seeing as they got shot of him in the first place, but who know eh
They wanted to keep him but we/Adams convinced him to return home.

I don't think Panthers got shot of Matthew, his wife wanted to move back home to find a job and with him winning all on offer last season he saw it as I the right time to move. Is that the rumours in Cardiff that he wants away or just an assumption? If anything don't you think he would follow Gerard to Steelers?

Temme

EllieB said:
I don't think Panthers got shot of Matthew, his wife wanted to move back home to find a job and with him winning all on offer last season he saw it as I the right time to move. Is that the rumours in Cardiff that he wants away or just an assumption? If anything don't you think he would follow Gerard to Steelers?

Yeah the official word is that he wanted to move back home with his wife getting a job back here.

However now that his brother is nothing to do with the club, and the turmoil that this season has been, there's certainly a case to be made for him going back to Nottingham where he was happy for x amount of years.

Really cant see him coming back to Nottm, he won't leave Nyree in Cardiff. would be interested to what you all think about his return tho' when I've seen him play he looks a shadow of his former self and not looking happy at all. (just my opinion of course) There was such a fanfare made when he 'came home' was he as good as expected? Its a shame the off ice antics have caused such unrest for your team this year.

Temme

EllieB said:
Really cant see him coming back to Nottm, he won't leave Nyree in Cardiff. would be interested to what you all think about his return tho' when I've seen him play he looks a shadow of his former self and not looking happy at all. (just my opinion of course) There was such a fanfare made when he 'came home' was he as good as expected? Its a shame the off ice antics have caused such unrest for your team this year.

There's no complaints from his general game and points from me. He's put decent enough numbers up this year compared to previous years, hopefully he stays and next year the entire team is sorted out, as Matthew was playing with different players nearly every week of the year!

However, he's amassed 132 PIM's this year (by my reckoning), if 100 of those aren't tripping/slashing/hooking minors then i'd be amazed.

His discipline has let him down somewhat this year, he gets caught out off the puck back checking and just instinctively takes a guy down with his stick.

If he can reduce his PIM's next year he'd be an even bigger asset, and his penalties have (probably) cost us this year, more-so tonight than ever as we were left 4v3 for the duration of OT. Last 2 season's hes had 48 and 62 PIM's, so where the huge increase has come from I do not know!

Ocko

Myers will still be here next year. Marriage of convenience, both he and his wife wanted to come home for personal an business reasons. Simple.

Sheincar

EllieB said:
Didn't want us to sign him & he's lived down to my expectations. Unfortunately I think we're stuck with him.

Temme

phil PLT said:
Sheincar said:
Ben to leave as asking too much money.
More likely he can't wait to get out of the bloody place.

I have a feeling that we won't be able to compete with the amount of money Belfast + Nottingham will want to throw at him.