2011/12 Rumours Thread - Absolute nonsense spotted!

ASHIPP

ASHIPP said:
Sheffield Star reporting Finnerty has signed his first import players - a netminder with previous Elite League experience, a D man from Canadian university circuit and a power forward.

Some fans up there speculating whether that power forward could be the Vother? :?
And elsewhere.......

From the Cage - Josh Prudden (Giants) to Italy
Twitter - Gareth Chalmers says 2 EIHL players signed for Italian Teams
Aspire Sport Management sign up several available new North American players on their books
Jesse Boulerice to the Clan? Is this the 'massive transfer' Simmsey was hinting at?

Ger-Devils

ASHIPP said:
ASHIPP said:
Sheffield Star reporting Finnerty has signed his first import players - a netminder with previous Elite League experience, a D man from Canadian university circuit and a power forward.

Some fans up there speculating whether that power forward could be the Vother? :?
And elsewhere.......

From the Cage - Josh Prudden (Giants) to Italy
Twitter - Gareth Chalmers says 2 EIHL players signed for Italian Teams
Aspire Sport Management sign up several available new North American players on their books
Jesse Boulerice to the Clan? Is this the 'massive transfer' Simmsey was hinting at?
Prudden confirmed to Italy, Chalmers on about Prudden and Lee or seperate players?

ASHIPP said:

I'm going Scott Reid or Rudkowsky as the goalie, Andrew Hotham as the Dman and just to keep up with the summer fun...Colt King as the power forward! :lol:

ASHIPP

DevilDom said:
Hynod said:
Just reading 9 hockey managements facebook page and spotted this

9HM have been approached by a team in the British Elite League (top league in the UK) looking for two North American centers who are interesting is carrying out schooling/MBA as part of their contract who possess NHL AHL, ECHL, CHL, European Elite experience for the 2011/12 season

I'm pretty sure that is us. 2 centers replacing Finner and Matzka. Which means that we have already signed one but its not relkeased yet or that G is waiting on a decision before looking for a 3rd.
If that is us I would be slightly worried as if we are looking for 2 centres and offering the MBA places that means we have only filled or are hopeful of filling 2 MBA places. That is of course assuming we have 4 places (like last year) and Mark Smith has already taken 1 that means that we are only hopeful of signing 1 of Stu or Pelle to take the other. I maybe be reading it wrong but we do only get 4 MBA places don't we?
I don't think it's something to worry about. Maybe there are 4 x 1 year MBA positions available this coming season. :? The Devils need to replace Scotty and Finnerty, so maybe doing it as the MBA package. The remaining 2 MBA packages (if there are 2) would possibly be for an import defenceman and another forward. Did someone say on another thread that they thought Kenton might be doing the MBA next season? Let's keep everything crossed for Jon and Stu to return to the Devils :cool: ......and if so, would they be doing an extended year of MBA? Got the impression from Mark's interview that he was not at university next season?

Skippy

ASHIPP said:
I call Shennanigans :D Where was that hinted ?

I can see that his last AHL team might not been keen on having him back "On January 7, 2011, Boulerice was suspended for 10 games for deliberately running over an AHL referee"

ASHIPP said:

I know that Phil Osaer & Brad were on Matsos radar season before last and good friends with Finner. Not beyond the realms of impossibility.

ASHIPP

buzzwagon said:
ASHIPP said:

I know that Phil Osaer & Brad were on Matsos radar season before last and good friends with Finner. Not beyond the realms of impossibility.
Very true but Osaer has already commited to his team in Norway and by all accounts, is happy there. And Brad playing for Sheffield....a Devils' icon playing for the Steelers when the Devils are celebrating 25 years? Now that definitely wouldn't be right. :shock:

kettdevil1

skippy said:
ASHIPP said:
I call Shennanigans :D Where was that hinted ?

I can see that his last AHL team might not been keen on having him back "On January 7, 2011, Boulerice was suspended for 10 games for deliberately running over an AHL referee"
I hope he doesn't come over here. Goon who will add nothing to the league.

ASHIPP

Young defenceman Chad Huttel has signed for a team in the EIHL. :?

Judging by his resume and experience, he fits the description in the Sheffield Star for Steelers' signing ' a player from the university circuit, an all-academic champion'.

Will he be doing the MBA? How many MBA slots do the Steelers have?

ASHIPP said:

Rumoured to be ex Vipers netminder Ryan MacDonald

Skippy

ALDO#3 said:
Rumoured to be ex Vipers netminder Ryan MacDonald
Whatever you do don't picture search "Ryan MacDonald" in work. I did to try and remind yourself who he was.... Eeeeeee.... I'm guessing the nude dude isnt him...

ASHIPP

Latest rumours around the league.....

Marty Gascon (Panthers 2 seasons ago) to Braehead....Brucie signing all his French speaking buddies!
Simon Lambert from Giants to Brest

ASHIPP

BIH heads up that again Devils rumoured to be interested in Mike Prpich. Is this a continuation of an old rumour from weeks back.....or a real possibility?

voth26

ASHIPP said:
Latest rumours around the league.....

Marty Gascon (Panthers 2 seasons ago) to Braehead....Brucie signing all his French speaking buddies!
Simon Lambert from Giants to Brest
perhaps it's a tactic that if all his players are french speaking the other teams wont understand braeheads game plan when they speak on the ice :lol: :lol:

Gazza272

ASHIPP said:
BIH heads up that again Devils rumoured to be interested in Mike Prpich. Is this a continuation of an old rumour from weeks back.....or a real possibility?

Since It's on BIH hopefully it is a rubbish rumour. I really think Signing Prpich would be a step back.

ASHIPP

Hynod said:
Just reading 9 hockey managements facebook page and spotted this

9HM have been approached by a team in the British Elite League (top league in the UK) looking for two North American centers who are interesting is carrying out schooling/MBA as part of their contract who possess NHL AHL, ECHL, CHL, European Elite experience for the 2011/12 season

I'm pretty sure that is us. 2 centers replacing Finner and Matzka. Which means that we have already signed one but its not relkeased yet or that G is waiting on a decision before looking for a 3rd.
The Devils aren't the only EIHL team right now seeking North American centres, or seeking players interested combining schooling and hockey. This could be one of 3 or 4 teams.

We are announcing players on Tues and Thurs, Chad is doing Uni I think, some people think we have 3 Uni slots but I'm not sure. Globke and Clark were meant to be on Uni deals. Finner has tweeted he thinks Tuesday's signing will become a fan's favourite, player is new to the League