2011/12 Rumours Thread - Absolute nonsense spotted!

wildthing74

I'm amazed Simmsey hyped it up so much too.Yeah I'm sure he will earn good money but I can hardly see an exodous of Brits overseas as he is hinting at after this move.
Lets be honest he isn't even in the top 3 Brit D men in the league so he must have a good agent to get a move like that but I would not expect him to be over there for long.Personally I would have stayed at Belfast for long rather than short term gain as maybe he may burn his bridges when he does inevitably come home.

TheStub

I can't see a move to a higher league causing any problems when he comes back.

Not sure this is a monumentous move, but is a good for British hockey. The more Brits with experience of playing at a higher level the better.

wildthing74 said:
I'm amazed Simmsey hyped it up so much too.Yeah I'm sure he will earn good money but I can hardly see an exodous of Brits overseas as he is hinting at after this move.
Lets be honest he isn't even in the top 3 Brit D men in the league so he must have a good agent to get a move like that but I would not expect him to be over there for long.Personally I would have stayed at Belfast for long rather than short term gain as maybe he may burn his bridges when he does inevitably come home.
He played in Morzine last year and from what I am hearing played well at the recent international thing. I suppose the "clause"( :lol: ) the Giants put in his contract means he will be injury cover for us over xmas :lol:

I would imagine that will give DC a bit more cash to splash on other players, not sure how many other EIHL quality D brits are floating around?

maybe K Phillips back to Belfast or K Horne od N hay ;)

wildthing74

jester said:
wildthing74 said:
He played in Morzine last year and from what I am hearing played well at the recent international thing. I suppose the "clause"( :lol: ) the Giants put in his contract means he will be injury cover for us over xmas :lol:

I would imagine that will give DC a bit more cash to splash on other players, not sure how many other EIHL quality D brits are floating around?

I said not in the top 3 Brits and that would put him behind Weaver,Phillips and Meyers :roll:

wildthing74 said:
jester said:
wildthing74 said:

I said not in the top 3 Brits and that would put him behind Weaver,Phillips and Meyers :roll:
Didnt say you did :?

ASHIPP

Mandeville said:
Odd as it seems Im beginning to think this has something to do with Tony Hand. Manchester Phoenix reporting unexpected news tomorrow, Paul Hand saying a team not happy and TH is pretty old now....although 1956 is pushing it, but is that a Panthers link.
Someone tell me Im going nuts.....please!
For Panthers' connections with Elite League, Galbraith to Giants has been doing the rounds for a while. (a former EIHL All-Star Simmsey was hinting at?) Latest Panthers rumour is Stephen Lee to Steelers.......would that be to compensate for Kevin Philips not signing for Sheffield? Or Lee could be going to Belfast to replace O'Connor? :?
Could be anything or anyone!

It IS the off-season though, innit? :lol:

Gazza272

ASHIPP said:
[ Latest Panthers rumour is Stephen Lee to Steelers.......would that be to compensate for Kevin Philips not signing for Sheffield? Or Lee could be going to Belfast to replace O'Connor? :?

I've not seen this anywhere? :?

Just reading 9 hockey managements facebook page and spotted this

9HM have been approached by a team in the British Elite League (top league in the UK) looking for two North American centers who are interesting is carrying out schooling/MBA as part of their contract who possess NHL AHL, ECHL, CHL, European Elite experience for the 2011/12 season

I'm pretty sure that is us. 2 centers replacing Finner and Matzka. Which means that we have already signed one but its not relkeased yet or that G is waiting on a decision before looking for a 3rd.

DevilDom

Hynod said:

9HM have been approached by a team in the British Elite League (top league in the UK) looking for two North American centers who are interesting is carrying out schooling/MBA as part of their contract who possess NHL AHL, ECHL, CHL, European Elite experience for the 2011/12 season

I'm pretty sure that is us. 2 centers replacing Finner and Matzka. Which means that we have already signed one but its not relkeased yet or that G is waiting on a decision before looking for a 3rd.
If that is us I would be slightly worried as if we are looking for 2 centres and offering the MBA places that means we have only filled or are hopeful of filling 2 MBA places. That is of course assuming we have 4 places (like last year) and Mark Smith has already taken 1 that means that we are only hopeful of signing 1 of Stu or Pelle to take the other. I maybe be reading it wrong but we do only get 4 MBA places don't we?

kettdevil1

DevilDom said:
Hynod said:

If that is us I would be slightly worried as if we are looking for 2 centres and offering the MBA places that means we have only filled or are hopeful of filling 2 MBA places. That is of course assuming we have 4 places (like last year) and Mark Smith has already taken 1 that means that we are only hopeful of signing 1 of Stu or Pelle to take the other. I maybe be reading it wrong but we do only get 4 MBA places don't we?
Surely Stu and M Smith would have finished their MBA, assuming they are doing the traditional route?

DevilDom

kettdevil1 said:
DevilDom said:
Hynod said:

Surely Stu and M Smith would have finished their MBA, assuming they are doing the traditional route?
I thought it was a 2 year course? I'm sure Jarvo and Hartwick were signed on 2 years deals because they were on the MBA course.

A

Anonymous

Marks course has definitely finished, not 100% sure about Stuuuuuu, but think his has too.

Neither mark or Stu were signed on 2 year deals though.

kettdevil1

DevilDom said:
I thought it was a 2 year course? I'm sure Jarvo and Hartwick were signed on 2 years deals because they were on the MBA course.
The majority of HEIs will run the MBA as a one calendar year course, hence, you start in September, work through the Summer and get your award the following September.

Not sure if CBS do it this way but I would imagine this is the likely scenario

DevilDom

Zed said:
Neither mark or Stu were signed on 2 year deals though.
I know they weren't signed on 2 year deals. They were signed on a 1 year deal but that doesn't mean the MBA course they are doing can't be split over 2 years or completed at a different Uni. Jarvo and Hartwick definitely did their MBA's over 2 years.

Not sure if someone else has posted this but noticed on the aspire agents site for Craig Weller it says...

Current Team: Available
Supplied Through:Signed Austria

I wonder if hes signed in Austria and they have wrote it under the wrong part.

LINK

Ger-Devils

thebeefburger said:
Not sure if someone else has posted this but noticed on the aspire agents site for Craig Weller it says...

Current Team: Available
Supplied Through:Signed Austria

I wonder if hes signed in Austria and they have wrote it under the wrong part.

LINK
I noticed that last night but never said anything incase it was a typo.

Shame but good luck to the guy

ASHIPP

Gazza272 said:
ASHIPP said:
[ Latest Panthers rumour is Stephen Lee to Steelers.......would that be to compensate for Kevin Philips not signing for Sheffield? Or Lee could be going to Belfast to replace O'Connor? :?

I've not seen this anywhere? :?
Stephen Lee rumour was mentioned in Rumours Thread on the Cage....not sure anyone is taking it seriously over there, though. I thought Lee had already re-commited to the Panthers for next season? :?

ASHIPP

Sheffield Star reporting Finnerty has signed his first import players - a netminder with previous Elite League experience, a D man from Canadian university circuit and a power forward.

Some fans up there speculating whether that power forward could be the Vother? :?