2011/12 Rumours Thread - Absolute nonsense spotted!

Wannabe2

ASHIPP said:
sniper13 said:
ASHIPP said:
There is absolutely no evidence yet that the Devils are the 'poor relations' in terms of team expediture compared to the Steelers BUT I would be far more concerned if the Steelers managed to keep key fire power players like Tait AND Legue, in addition to potential Colt Kings
What you mean is "you" have no evidence we are the poor relations, sometimes people need to take the rose tinted glasses off. Just wait and see, problem 1 is we have is Stu and Pelle who were on the course last year so of course they will want more money this year so Im sure that is tricky. Problem 2 is we seem to be the only top 5 team on a cap

ps . I have been told Colt King is a DONE deal for the steelers (maybe my source is wrong, usually not though) ( and maybe we get a player from kings team of a similar style Ill leave it to you ASHIPP to work that one out seeing as you seem to be in the loop)
Sniper - sorry to disappoint you but you should not jump to conclusions so quickly. I am one of many many people NOT in the loop. My comments about apparent lack of evidence that the Devils are the poor relations stems simply from the fact, that AS YET, there are no reasonable comparisons that can be made between the Devils and Steelers rosters because they are incomplete. No expenditure facts and figures are in the public domain and why should they be?

I know no more than anyone else does on here - but anyone of us is entitled to state how disappointing it would be if the team lost key players(for whatever reasons) and it's fair and legitimate for people to debate any developments/lack of.

No rosy-colured spectacles here :roll: G can only recruit a team with whatever resources he's been given. No doubt, he and Franny will do the very best they can.

(My bold) Anyway, judging from the comments in your post, YOU seem to be the one who is in the loop. Perhaps you can tell us more....... :?
I am totally with you on this one, how can anyone compare at the moment when theres isnt anything to compare, we have all been told that the Steelers and the Devils will have exactly the same budget as each other, and it wont need rocket science to tell if thats the truth when signings begin. Cant see the business sense in bringing one team on and knocking another one back myself, yes we all know Sheffield can attract more fans with there building, but its also a costly exercise, how many past Steelers owners have walked away with a fortune, anyway as far as i am concerned until we see the other lot signing top dogs, and see us signing minnows theres not a lot to worry about. I have the greatest confidence in G and Franny to supply us with another worthwhile team, its far from doom and gloom at the moment.

ASHIPP

Mandeville said:
anyway Steeltalk now seems to have it as Darryl Bootland to Steelers, King to Panthers. DOnt know about the Panthers bit, but reckon the Bootland suggestion could be right, fits the descripion from the Stir and the rumours even closer than Colt King does.
Nothing is beyond the realms of possibility at the Panthers - they have already attracted a decent new signing on an MBA package to add to a strong roster. They have 4 import slots to confirm and according to their website, Neilson is very close with another signing. This player is someone they have been after for a couple of years. :?
All of these players have been rumoured to be going there.....Brandon Benedict, Jeff Legue, Bobby Robbins.

Welshy74

Were we not talking about the same things this time last year. How the club was quiet re:signings etc and look what happened. Isn't it no news is good news? If we also don't sign a particular player or lose someone, there is a very large pool to choose from. How many of us had heard of Tylor (year before), Stu, Pelle etc before last season. I know I had not. So lets have some faith in G and Franny and pass judgement at the end of the season and not before.
They have what they have to work with and I for one was very proud of what the guys achieved last year but if the players move on well so be it and they have my thanks.

Lets get behind the team instead of judging when we do not have all the facts.

Re: Re: 2011/12 Rumours Thread - Absolute nonsense spotted!

Welshy74 said:
Were we not talking about the same things this time last year. How the club was quiet re:signings etc and look what happened. Isn't it no news is good news? If we also don't sign a particular player or lose someone, there is a very large pool to choose from. How many of us had heard of Tylor (year before), Stu, Pelle etc before last season. I know I had not. So lets have some faith in G and Franny and pass judgement at the end of the season and not before.
They have what they have to work with and I for one was very proud of what the guys achieved last year but if the players move on well so be it and they have my thanks.

Lets get behind the team instead of judging when we do not have all the facts.
Just want you to know I wasnt judging them. I think they do a good job, I think Im just excited to hear news!

ASHIPP

Other rumours around fan forums/twitter/Simmsey etc:

Blaze interested in Jeff Corey, T.J.Reynolds and Marek Ivan (Ivan is a veteran of the EIHL)
Kyle Sibley (Vipers) moving to another EIHL team
Two EIHL players to leave for France
Transfer of EIHL player to Belfast has been confirmed, says Simmsey.

ASHIPP

ASHIPP said:
Other rumours around fan forums/twitter/Simmsey etc:

Blaze interested in Jeff Corey, T.J.Reynolds and Marek Ivan (Ivan is a veteran of the EIHL)
Kyle Sibley (Vipers) moving to another EIHL team
Two EIHL players to leave for France
Transfer of EIHL player to Belfast has been confirmed, says Simmsey.
And J.F.Perras apparently not returning to Braehead - Richardson considering young North American goalie.

ASHIPP

Rumours that Brandon Benedict to Panthers looks like a cert - announcement to be made this week.

Looks like Giants, Blaze, Steelers and Devils all undergoing rebuilds this Summer.

wildthing74

ASHIPP said:
Rumours that Brandon Benedict to Panthers looks like a cert - announcement to be made this week.

Looks like Giants, Blaze, Steelers and Devils all undergoing rebuilds this Summer.
I guess best place for him so when he misses half the year through another injury they will have 2 or 3 spare imports in the stands to take his place.

Rempel16

He has great stats right up to and including his ECHL year.

Since then, he been playing in Norway, the Italian 2nd division and the German 3rd tier. That doesn't fill me with great confidence as each of these leagues are below the Elite (Norway not far off).

However, over a point-a-game at ECHL level, a few AHL call-ups, decent size and very low PIM. Would probably be a decent signing, although I don't see him as a top line player.

Finny

His North American stats are very good! Norway stats are pretty good too and it's just last season which are maybe slightly disappointing - injury perhaps?