2011/12 Rumours Thread - Absolute nonsense spotted!

ASHIPP

Norway is currently 9th in the IIHF rankings. Several well-known decent players also play there including Thomas Beauregard, Evan Cheverie. Trevor Koenig and Phil Osaer are netminders there. This player is listed as a centre or a winger. His NA stats look ok with low PIMS. As important is that he was captain for his WHL team - demonstrates he has leadership qualities.

ASHIPP

ASHIPP said:
Norway is currently 9th in the IIHF rankings. Several well-known decent players also play there including Thomas Beauregard, Evan Cheverie. Trevor Koenig and Phil Osaer are netminders there. This player is listed as a centre or a winger. His NA stats look ok with low PIMS. As important is that he was captain for his WHL team - demonstrates he has leadership qualities.
ps Very recently, the Devils have signed players with good CHL or ECHL stats, low PIMS and with no AHL call-up or European experience. They turned out to be some of the most important players on the roster in the last 2 years - Stu, Jon, Tylor :cool: :D

ASHIPP

One or two people on Twitter suggesting G should approach Galbraith now he's a free agent :roll: ..... G can probably make his own decisions without help! :lol:
Galbraith was fantastically skilled player....BUT with a maverick attitude and a massive ego. Last year's Devils' team recruitment demonstrated there is no place for non-team players, no matter how skilled they maybe. Jade didn't turn up for the Panthers everytime they played against the Devils last season. What would he be like if he played for the Devils? :?

wildthing74

I got a text earlier saying we were after Galbraith :eek: but ignored it as I would be stunned if G let a guy anywhere near our dressing room.No doubting the guy's class when he wants to play but haven't spend the previous off season getting rid of the supoosed 'disruptive players'I don't think having him and his baggage would do us any good.

DevilDom

ASHIPP said:
One or two people on Twitter suggesting G should approach Galbraith now he's a free agent :roll: ..... G can probably make his own decisions without help! :lol:
Galbraith was fantastically skilled player....BUT with a maverick attitude and a massive ego. Last year's Devils' team recruitment demonstrated there is no place for non-team players, no matter how skilled they maybe. Jade didn't turn up for the Panthers everytime they played against the Devils last season. What would he be like if he played for the Devils? :?
This is an intersting one. Whilst I think Galbraith can be a fantastic player on his day and one of the most skilled in the league I think he is too inconsistent and not a team player. We have one maverick in Max (if he re-signs) and we probably don't need two, especially with only ten imports this year. Whether G would be able to get the best out of him I don't know but my feeling is best to keep away from him. Maybe we could just sign him to take penalties for us (joke)!

ASHIPP

wildthing74 said:
I got a text earlier saying we were after Galbraith :eek: but ignored it as I would be stunned if G let a guy anywhere near our dressing room.No doubting the guy's class when he wants to play but haven't spend the previous off season getting rid of the supoosed 'disruptive players'I don't think having him and his baggage would do us any good.
Wildthing - I totally agree with you. The 2009-2010 season the Devils had bad experience of one or two disruptive, egotistic personalties on the team. G has said many times that the kind of players that he feels are right for the team are skilled....but also have completely the right attitude. This would be a complete u-turn now for G and Franny to recruit a maverick, non-team player with a huge ego and disruptive attitude, irrespective of how wonderfully skilled Galbraith is. Plus, his salary demands would make him a more obvious match for other clubs. :?

Ocko

DevilDom said:
ASHIPP said:
This is an intersting one. Whilst I think Galbraith can be a fantastic player on his day and one of the most skilled in the league I think he is too inconsistent and not a team player. We have one maverick in Max (if he re-signs) and we probably don't need two, especially with only ten imports this year. Whether G would be able to get the best out of him I don't know but my feeling is best to keep away from him. Maybe we could just sign him to take penalties for us (joke)!
Max a maverick? Because he isnt the most consistent player to ever play for us... As far as I knew he was the model professional.

I wouldnt be against having Galbraith. Very good player, proven in the EIHL and will get us goals. Sometimes a team needs a maverick with a bit of character. Didnt do the Panthers any harm last year when they won a championship and we won nothing!

ASHIPP

Galbraith was a top 3 point scorer in the league last year (after Jon and Scott :D :cool: ) - but it seems that his disruptive non-team player ego and inconsistency were serious enough for the Panthers to feel they could risk dispensing with his services after 3 years. There's a message in there, somewhere. :?

Gazza272

Sign him up!

He'll have a point to prove and if he's the only egotistical one in the group you can manage.

Players of his quality dont come to the EIHL often. It would be a gamble but if we can get him on the cheap then it could be inspried.

DevilDom

Ocko said:
Max a maverick? Because he isnt the most consistent player to ever play for us... As far as I knew he was the model professional.
I like Max as a player, however don't know him personally so couldn't comment on his professionalism off the ice. I was referring more to his inconsistency on it. Granted this was less so last year when he had Matzka pulling his strings but it was still there.

Finny

SFN said:
Any further news on Dan McNeil joining from fayetteville?
I'd heard his name banded about a few times.
Not heard his name mentioned anywhere? Would be disapointed if he was our final defenceman - I was hoping for a top ECHLer with ideally some AHL experience or a nasty streak running right through him.

SFN

Id heard that he'd been in talks with G n Franny. I can't say I was overly impressed with his stats. I checked him out on both HockeyDB and EliteProspects. He's not really much of anything.

Rempel16

Hmm, looks like a budget signing if we are in for him.

13 fights in 88 PIM suggests that he avoids the silly penalties.

His pedigree suggests he didn't cut it at CHL level. I'd prefer to look elsewhere.

On Galbraith, I'd take him, but for me there's no room for both him and Max on the roster. It's either/or for me.

I don't think his antics away from the rink fit into G's ethos of signing team guys but sometimes it's perhaps worth the risk with a player of Jade's ability.

Also, I think G is more of a stickler for discipline than Neilson, so perhaps he could be reined in a little bit more in Cardiff.

Wannabe2

Rempel16 said:
Hmm, looks like a budget signing if we are in for him.

13 fights in 88 PIM suggests that he avoids the silly penalties.

His pedigree suggests he didn't cut it at CHL level. I'd prefer to look elsewhere.

On Galbraith, I'd take him, but for me there's no room for both him and Max on the roster. It's either/or for me.

I don't think his antics away from the rink fit into G's ethos of signing team guys but sometimes it's perhaps worth the risk with a player of Jade's ability.

Also, I think G is more of a stickler for discipline than Neilson, so perhaps he could be reined in a little bit more in Cardiff.
Would take Maxi over Galbraith any day, not only that the youngsters would have no Hot Dogs to eat, as Porky would have already downed them. Too much of a Primma Donna for me, or Donna Kebab in his lingo. :lol:

voth26

been on the panthers site I know I know, but they seem to have identified quite a few big, tough stay at home D-men most of them around 6" 3/5 aged 23 to 27 who have reasonable points and pm's return with echl/ahl experience, but we havent been connected with any of them, I assume G and franny look on the prospect web site sorry cant remember website name. there you go G look on there and problem solved :lol:

Wannabe2

voth26 said:
been on the panthers site I know I know, but they seem to have identified quite a few big, tough stay at home D-men most of them around 6" 3/5 aged 23 to 27 who have reasonable points and pm's return with echl/ahl experience, but we havent been connected with any of them, I assume G and franny look on the prospect web site sorry cant remember website name. there you go G look on there and problem solved :lol:
Maybe just maybe he doesnt want to sign a team like the Panthers, mind you if he had there budget most of last seasons players would still be here, and also 16 imports waiting in the wing for injuries to occur. :lol:

What is it with some fans comparing Max and Galbraith, they couldnt be more diferent in there off ice approach in my experience and I cant see the similarity in it either.
Max's inconsistency comes from him being the sort of player that can raise the standard of the very best line if he is working in a great partnership, but he can also disapear, hes not a leader, he needs others around him to do that.

I cant see us signing Jade, Ive never met him, but he has a certain reputation that we all know and I can see that as part of G and Franny's team ethos.
But Galbraith has great skills, it would be a risk, but an interesting one.

Also Tim Konsorada looks pretty good and while I would be interested to know why he stepped done to lower Italian and German leagues, that is all I would question from his stats,. Good in the ECHL, 2 short stints in the AHL and a time in Norway, which in my experience is way way above the EIHL in skill levels, the pay is very good and the top players would be serious standouts in the UK.