Search results

1. I

Calling all Cardiff Devils fans...

Calling all Cardiff Devils fans... Photographer James Assinder is raising funds to help support NHS Wales health boards in response to the Coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic. For a donation of £5 you get to keep a digital copy of one of his images taken from the past season The photo you choose...
  2. I

Physical poll

Said it for a few seasons now and its just getting worse. Used to look forward to games all week. These days i am often bored stiff at games and seriously questioning why i bother. I don't really buy the whole, Euro hockey argument as CHL games are some of the most entertaining of the season...
  3. I

Cardiff Devils v Belfast Giants - Sun 26 Nov 2017 - League - FO 6pm - Chat/Updates

Personally, Myself and partner are both season ticket holders but we're both a bit bored with what we watch week in week out. If we continue with our current style of play for the rest of the season I would seriously consider not renewing in the the off season and just choose which games i...
  4. I

Cardiff Devils v Belfast Giants - Sun 26 Nov 2017 - League - FO 6pm - Chat/Updates

The less experienced fans may enjoy the games but It would pretty poor business to turn a blind eye to the fact that a large number of your season ticket holders are bored and frustrated by the on ice product. They're the backbone of the business. I've been a season ticket holder for about 10...
  5. I

Challenge Cup Final Ticket Details

What's the situation with the drummers? I'd assume that if everyones seat is chosen with no say then the drummers won't be able to bring drums? I only ask as i bring my 9 month old to the games. We're usually miles from the drummers so it isn't an issue but i think our seats for the final are...
  6. I

Season ticket entrance

Credit where credit's due. Very efficient response, i'm impressed. Thank you Devils.
  7. I

Season ticket entrance

Agree with this totally. Something I've been meaning to start a thread on for a while now. Fed up of the chaos trying to get into games with people who need their tickets scanning, a fairly slow process when the season tickets are simply a quick glance at your card (and the last couple weeks a...
  8. I

Devils hockey?

Totally understand where a lot of these posts are coming from. Hockey this season and much of last season has been dull on far too many occasions. It's definitely not the 'Devils hockey' i've known and loved for many years. We may well be winning games & top of the league but i still regularly...
  9. I

Outcoached ?

When you have a team packed with as much quality as we have, its not too difficult to have guys featuring in various top 10's. It's also possible to be a good coach in certain areas but lacking in others. We can have great special teams for example but full strength is where we were struggling...
  10. I

Devils v Steelers - Double header thread - CC & League - Chat/Updates

I think it's easy to single out players who haven't performed well recently. Our problems are: Our very skilled forwards are more like defenders, Our quality defence are wanna be forwards & our net minder is a bit off colour at the moment. I personally think we lack strong leadership out on the...
  11. I

Devils v Blaze - 08/10 @ 19:00 - League - Chat/Updates

Agree on the whole with this. While some players have impressed more than others, I'm happy with our team on the whole. For me, coaching is our biggest issue. Not only are we one dimensional and appear unable to adapt our strategy but we're far too nice. This isn't a new problem, it was the same...
  12. I

Devils v Panthers - 02/10 @ 18:00 - CCup - Chat/Updates

First 8 minutes i thought we were great. Good forecheck, playing hard and looked very dangerous. Panthers scored a goal and I don't know if heads just dropped a little or a coaching call from the bench but we appeared to ease off the physicality and began trying to play 'pretty' hockey. looking...
  13. I

Kelman comments on Hendrix

I'm not listening to anything. Im saying i don't know the truth. All of us will make a judgement & have an opinion on what we have seen or heard though. My gut feeling is that theres more to it than has been let on & I felt the reaction from Devils fans towards Hendo last night with a little...
  14. I

No of course not but the game, with both players on the ice gives Hendo the ideal outlet to fight/slash/check Lord if he chooses to. Off the ice it would certainly not be acceptable or correct. I'm not saying it's correct although from a spectators point of view, i don't mind it. It adds an...
  15. I

Attention Paul Sullivan ref Match Day announcing.

I loved the new intro. Great combination of old & new. Good work!
  16. I

I'm obviously in the minority here. For me, Hendos actions weren't those of a professional hockey player who simply hadn't been re signed by his team. I know various members of the Devils have gone public on the matter but to be honest, i'm not sure i believe they're telling the whole story...
  17. I

2016/2017 Rumours & Offseason Random Shenanigans

Agree on the whole. A lot of bored people around. It worries me that Lord doesn't see this. Our team is very skilled and will win many games this season. Im confident of that. Really not confident that i'll be entertained though which saddens me.
  18. I

Devils v Banska - 20/08 & 21/08 - Exhibition - Chat/Updates

Re: Devils v Banska - 20/08 & 21/08 - Exhibition - Chat/Upda I've been to all the preseason games so far and pretty pleased on the whole with what i've see. Personally, I was pleased to see Lord on the bench. I think he was one of the weaker players on the ice (Says a lot about our team this...
  19. I

Devils v Zagreb - 13/08 & 14/08 - Exhibition - Chat/Updates

Re: Devils v Zagreb - 13/08 & 14/08 - Exhibition - Chat/Upda Forgot to say, I agree with the opinions on the intro. Does little to get the crowd going, Hoping they have a new intro lined up for the official start of the season. Jerseys - I also don't see the fuss. I don't mind them myself. I'm...
  20. I

Devils v Zagreb - 13/08 & 14/08 - Exhibition - Chat/Updates

Re: Devils v Zagreb - 13/08 & 14/08 - Exhibition - Chat/Upda Yep, i still maintain we aren't very physical & will get bullied on our own ice most of the season. Tonight did little to change my opinion. Louis did look like he may provide a bit of entertainment and looked game so reasonably...