Devils v Zagreb - 13/08 & 14/08 - Exhibition - Chat/Updates

Wannabe2

Re: Devils v Zagreb - 13/08 & 14/08 - Exhibition - Chat/Upda

Tinkyadrian said:
Icetime tv have tonight confirmed on Twitter that they will be streaming all of the pre season friendlies.

Also from Instagram unless I am reading into it wrong Lord and Martin won't be playing tomorrow night. I'm guessing Martin has not got back from his honeymoon yet and Lord will be coaching from the bench.[/quote
Joey is back in Cardiff

ASHIPP

Wannabe2 said:
Tinkyadrian said:
Icetime tv have tonight confirmed on Twitter that they will be streaming all of the pre season friendlies.

Also from Instagram unless I am reading into it wrong Lord and Martin won't be playing tomorrow night. I'm guessing Martin has not got back from his honeymoon yet and Lord will be coaching from the bench.[/quote
Joey is back in Cardiff
If folks read Neil Francis' interview, there is an indication why Lordo might not be playing. Franny dashing back from vacation in France...he might not get here in time for the game!

Wannabe2

ASHIPP said:
Wannabe2 said:
Tinkyadrian said:

Joey is back in Cardiff
If folks read Neil Francis' interview, there is an indication why Lordo might not be playing. Franny dashing back from vacation in France...he might not get here in time for the game!
Franny is back.

JC23

After watching that, does anyone still think we're going to get bullied in our own rink this year?

I know it's pre-season, but Mark Louis looks like he's MORE than happy to have that nasty streak.

Couldn't comment on the game as I paid for the webcast and it failed
hope I can get a refund i am a not impressed with the service :evil:

Wannabe2

Thought the lads done very well tonight, few more games together and we will be just fine.

For the first game pre season and despite the scoreline I think the Devils are looking strong. Zargreb are further in their pre season and have the all important match fitness.

Our new signings look good. One of tonights stand out player for me was Fornier love watching this guy stake at speed with excellent stick control.

Nice to see the whole Devils team getting stuck in and finishing their hits.

As they say onwards and upwards

JC23 said:
After watching that, does anyone still think we're going to get bullied in our own rink this year?

I know it's pre-season, but Mark Louis looks like he's MORE than happy to have that nasty streak.
Thats was a gloves on friendly, a bit handbags, thats all. Breahead will come down with a game plan to be ultra physical. I like our quick skating philosophy and this weekend will help to sharpen it, but with Nottingham now looking for a tough power forward I think we need that last piece to the puzzle. Shame we didn't score but we were very competitive, even though Zagreb had extra gears to call upon.

Mooney#16

It's a huge cliche in sport but a lot of good things to take away from that. Zagreb are clearly a very good hockey team and their speed of foot, thought and execution was great to watch. But Devils were punished for mistakes and turnovers that came from absorbing huge amounts of pressure. Pressure I doubt any EIHL team will be capable of exerting for that long. Zagreb didn't actually construct that many clear shots on the rush with Devils D working very hard on the coverage. Going forward of course your playing against a great D Corp for Zagreb but Devils carved out some great chances and despite the goose egg rang the bar a few times. Overall Devils worked really hard despite a clear difference in ability and also fitness and if they can maintain any where near that level of compete in this league they'll be absolutely fine.

First impressions on new guys are also all positive. Louis playing physical dominate hockey. Brine I thought was great and showed a great work ethic and energy. Bentivoglio and Ulmer look very dangerous and worked hard as well and Asselin for his first game in 18months showed he'll be a threat in the offensive zone.

Its useful we have all of these pre season fixtures to iron out all the errors and build line chemistry. The lines were interesting, sensible to keep Ulmer and Bentivoglio together. Fournier was the standout for me tonight.

Zargeb were coasting for much of the game and i dont think we wouldve scored against them if we were still playing now! Nice to see a contingent of their fans singing loud and proud. Our fans were understanbly muted for much of the game. That awful intro really doesnt help get the crowd going! Hope it gets changed back to how it was in the bbt soon.

Mooney#16

Forget moaning about the shirts. That intro is still and I'm going to escalate my phrasing from last year as I gave constructive criticism and it hasn't been listened too, COMPLETE and UTTER SHITE. It has zero redeeming features and does nothing to build atmosphere. It is just noise.

To clarify. The talking bit at the beginning is a waste of time. You cannot hear the content. It stirs nothing. Its crap. The techno music is to rapid fire it is again just noise with no beat to be drawn out of it. It's crap. And then by the time I've uttered the words Oh this is just as crap as I remember from last year it stops dead in its tracks and then Todd just introduces the team onto the ice. Crowd cheer first five guys on. The rest get nothing as everyone is so bored at the length of crap they just sat through they just want the hockey to start.

I know I'm being a bit out spoken but I truly hate that intro with a passion. It's a use of technology for technologies sake and it sucks.

august04

Agree about the intro, absolutely dreadful. Too much hi tech wizardry, forget the fancy graphics, give us a decent scoreboard layout and intro tunes as we had before which worked perfectly well at the BBT. Onto the game, they were obviously in a different world when it comes to skill sets but the Devils never gave up and worked hard. It's a shame we weren't playing Zagreb until nearer the end of our pre-season, might have been a more competitive game then. They're well into their preseason and to expect us to compete with them after less than a week on the ice together was simply unrealistic. I like the physical game that Louis brings but he's going to need help in that department, he can't do it on his own against the meatheads of the EIHL. I'm still hoping for that last power forward signing to help with that. A useful workout, I'd try and be a bit more physical against them tomorrow, see what happens!

Certainly think Mark Louis could be a tough cookie in this league. Finished all his hits and doesn't look concerned about dropping the gloves.

I know its only been one game but does anyone agree that he is in the Brad Voth mould?

Agree with the above, the intro is awful, just awful, hopefully something better is being worked on for when the season starts.

As for the game, I thought it was pretty good to watch, the speed of it even late in the 3rd was unbelievable, there's no elite league team that will even come close to putting the attacking pressure on us like they did and I thought we matched them pretty well, it was just a case of a few goals in a few minutes that took the score line away from us.

Really looking forward to the season now, the team looks really good even after 1 game

Devil_Abroad

Intro? Couldn't understand it. Atmosphere isn't helped by it but then neither is one end of empty seats. Hopefully place will be packed out when league starts. The scoreboard? Who can read penalties and shots on goal? Graphic quality is very poor for new equipment. Stewards are needed to stop the constant flow of people walking in front of us during play - self regulation will not work - tried it all night - epic fail. Why do some have to get up 5-10 times during a game? Why bother watching? Bizarre.

Team, for one week of practice against a KHL team 4 weeks in? They look OK to me. Hockey his year is going to be fast! Very fast!

Shirts? Don't see the problem. They looked good to me. When the shop gets in the black ones I'm in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ASHIPP

Afraid the only let down tonight was the complete lack of build up/atmosphere our fantastic new team deserves. The Intro does nothing to build clapping/chanting to pump the team and welcome them to the ice. Hope this gets fixed before season start - we need the BBT Effect.he crowd itself was flat and muted all night, shown up infact, by the small group of Zagreb fans who chanted non-stop for their team.

A priveledge watching the calibre of Zagreb. Their virtually faultless speed and systems showed the slickness of a team who have been together for over a month.

Our Guys aquitted themselves admirably.The score was irrelevant. Saw a Devils' team full of fighting spirit and confidence with plenty of grit to go round. Invaluable for them to train and play with Zagreb. Fantastic pre-season preparation and a chance to gauge fitness. Can't wait to see the final line combos.

Btw, forget 'Jerseygate'. Those jerseys look great upclose.

JC23 said:

Yep, i still maintain we aren't very physical & will get bullied on our own ice most of the season. Tonight did little to change my opinion.
Louis did look like he may provide a bit of entertainment and looked game so reasonably pleased with what i saw there. Hopefully Lord doesn't try to put a leash on him and allows him to play his game.

As others have said, Fournier looked fantastic tonight. Despite the scoreline Bowns looked very solid in net & seemed to be a bit more active with his stick which i like in net minder.

Hard to judge our team on that one game but we don't look too bad. Created some good chances and thought we probably deserved a goal from one of them at least. With a few games under our belts we should be pretty dangerous.

Hopefully Lord has learned a bit about coaching from his time spent with Zagreb this week. Their coaching set up looked very professional in the open training sessions i saw.

Forgot to say, I agree with the opinions on the intro. Does little to get the crowd going, Hoping they have a new intro lined up for the official start of the season.

Jerseys - I also don't see the fuss. I don't mind them myself. I'm more concerned with the product we put on the ice.
Really hoping Lord doesn't bore me this season.