Kelman comments on Hendrix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kipper

I don't see how anyone can judge Hendrikx without knowing the full story or being privy to private conversations he and Lord had. Equally that doesn't mean that Lord or the Devils have done anything wrong. Lord has acted in the best interests of himself as a coach and the Devils as the team he coaches. He has brought in what looks (on first impressions) a better player to replace Hendrikx, that's great for us as Devils fans. I don't know what Hendrikx's beef was about but there is obviously more to it than simply not being offered a new contract. He is a seasoned pro who knows how things in the sport work. I believe Lord and Kelman when they say Devils acted fairly, however there has to have been some breakdown in communication along the way or someone stirring things to Hendrikx which has caused him to feel hard done by.

The whole issue of whether this should be dealt with on ice / off ice thing is a smokescreen for me. If you believe someone has wronged you and you have the opportunity to gain some comeback for that I don't believe many people would turn that opportunity down. It is human nature.

People talking about class and then booing a guy and chanting reject at him? A guy who played his heart out for the club for 2 years, fought whenever called upon, was an instrumental part of turning the team around and
Whilst we are on the subject of booing, what's with booing the opposition fans, opposition MOM and opposition team off the ice?
[
Did what you say in the last paragraph really happen? I lost my internet link before the end

kingmo19.1

ZZZZZzzz ... It's all getting a bit EastEnders now don't you think! Hopefully all this noise will blow over soon and we can concentrate on the season ahead!

Now it's really becoming unprofessional. Todd is turning into a quasi David Simms. No need to respond to that tweet from Kurka. Keep your and our (the Devils) dignity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree that not shaking hands after the game is a ridiculous thing to sink to........but the whole story of the whys and wherefores will never come out on this matter.
Speculation by fans wont resolve the situation, because its only the people actually involved that know the real reasons.
I have to say though that your GM has past history on trying to blame other parties for things that lay closer to home. I am not saying that's the case here, just sounds a bit familiar.

E.D.S.

Couldn't disagree more Todd is not known for Simms behaviour in any way shape or form ...... he has never to my knowledge tweeted in this way, for me he is beyond annoyed at ex players inferring/alluding/ suggesting things via subversive texts or actions and took exception

He has a club and brand to protect so he tweeted , maybe he shouldn't have but maybe he should , and it does seem there is a reason behind Kurka not being resigned that Kurka may not be happy to have out there?

None of us know what went on but for me too many people seem to favour "they must have a reason to do what they did" - it's possible nothing was handled badly they simply didn't like the outcome!

This needs to stop and we need to focus on the weeks/months ahead now - we have a great team to support time we got on with the job in hand
The point I'm making is that I would expect this from Simms. Not the Devils, be that Todd, the owners or any one associated with the club.
The way to stop it is by not responding. Not giving it airtime. We've never resorted to this behaviour before so let's not start now.

drainage

Now it's really becoming unprofessional. Todd is turning into a quasi David Simms. No need to respond to that tweet from Kurka. Keep your and our (the Devils) dignity.

Couldn't disagree more Todd is not known for Simms behaviour in any way shape or form ...... he has never to my knowledge tweeted in this way, for me he is beyond annoyed at ex players inferring/alluding/ suggesting things via subversive texts or actions and took exception

He has a club and brand to protect so he tweeted , maybe he shouldn't have but maybe he should , and it does seem there is a reason behind Kurka not being resigned that Kurka may not be happy to have out there?

None of us know what went on but for me too many people seem to favour "they must have a reason to do what they did" - it's possible nothing was handled badly they simply didn't like the outcome!

This needs to stop and we need to focus on the weeks/months ahead now - we have a great team to support time we got on with the job in hand
The point I'm making is that I would expect this from Simms. Not the Devils, be that Todd, the owners or any one associated with the club.
The way to stop it is by not responding. Not giving it airtime. We've never resorted to this behaviour before so let's not start now.

And I said maybe he should and maybe he shouldnt have responded - but equally the fact he did says to me he is annoyed at the comments and the damage they could do. One response is hardly casting him in same mold as Simms, and the "stop it by not responding" clearly hadn't worked , whole issue blew up Sunday and on Tuesday Kurka wades into debate , radio silence clearly didnt stop anything ?

I agree the whole thing needs to die a death however some people seem to only want to infer the issue is with the Devils which I find annoying and I am not as invested in club as Lordo and Todd !!!

Its clearly a subject that incite differing views and opinions so for me lets get back to the matter in hand - hockey !

ASHIPP

All getting a bit tedious now. Let it get resolved by the club and the former player - speculation/guessing etc is just adding fuel to the fire. We are not privy to the events, we will never know the facts and we can't solve the problem.

Mods - could you post up the thread for the crucial league/CC game on Saturday Devils v Panthers so that we return to discussing our ice hockey team and it's opponents.

Panthers' fans obviously think it's an important one - they have been commenting on it for 3 days.

terry hunt

I agree with ASHIPP time for the mods to stop this we have trophies to win.
Its obvious that Hendrixx,Finnerty and maybe Simms (who is Finnerty's mate and agent) have succeeded in disrupting the Devils organisation and fans at the start of the season.I dont care what Kurka and Hendrixx are griping about they dont seem much like tough hockey players anymore do they.

E.D.S.

And I said maybe he should and maybe he shouldnt have responded - but equally the fact he did says to me he is annoyed at the comments and the damage they could do. One response is hardly casting him in same mold as Simms, and the "stop it by not responding" clearly hadn't worked , whole issue blew up Sunday and on Tuesday Kurka wades into debate , radio silence clearly didnt stop anything ?

I agree the whole thing needs to die a death however some people seem to only want to infer the issue is with the Devils which I find annoying and I am not as invested in club as Lordo and Todd !!!

Its clearly a subject that incite differing views and opinions so for me lets get back to the matter in hand - hockey !
You're well within your rights to disagree if you feel that strongly. My view on airing private matters publicly is not what I expect from our Organisation as it just adds more fuel to the fore.

Do I think that Todd is becoming Simms really? No but the public handling of this matter is not the Devils way and is akin to what Simms might do. That's the only small comparison. If Kurka or Hendrix wants to come out publicly then let them do so. Makes no difference to us. We should just go about our business.

Finny

The problem the club have is that they're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

If Kelman hadn't commented then people would have said "well the club aren't denying it are they!"
Now he has commented people are saying "Well it's not very professional for him to have responded like that"

@WheresWally oh right - didn't realise it was in the public domain. Guess I'm a little surprised at how we are still able to attract such great talent then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
strange reply.......... but I never said Devils couldn't/ haven't sign quality players. The point I was making is that it seems the vast majority of fingers are pointing towards the panto villan Hendo (never been a favourite of mine) I'm just saying that there is more to what is happening than has, or will ever come out...as they say there is 2 sides to the story, and I don't believe either side has been explained, just like many others have pointed out.

E.D.S.

The problem the club have is that they're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

If Kelman hadn't commented then people would have said "well the club aren't denying it are they!"
Now he has commented people are saying "Well it's not very professional for him to have responded like that"
What's the nervousness with having a debate on it? It's not a case being "damned if they do and damned if they don't" in my opinion. The whole point of this forum and why this forum is so successful and valuable is that people can have that opinion.

My opinion, if they hadn't of responded wouldn't have been that the Devils have something to hide. I'd respect their stance to not respond, as we have done in the past. That's my opinion.

My opinion is that there was more to the Hendrix incident but I'm not demanding an explanation from the club or for this to go public. They've never done so in the past. Instead I came on here and expressed a view to add to the debate.

Debate, rumour and gossip is what makes this a forum and part of the entertainment.

matbur

I've worked in a professional environment with a sports team (not hockey) and from my experiences the fans probably know about 60% of the facts, if that even, when it comes to what goes on behind closed doors at a club/changing room. Stuff is best kept inside for a reason - forums are great for gossip, rumours and speculation and there's nothing wrong with that but trying to interpret tweets, who did/said what, or is morally right or wrong is just pointless as only those inside the organisation will have the full facts to hand.

Kelman is right to defend the club re: Kurka but I wouldn't try reading anything more into it, same applies with Hendrikx situation.

Devil_Abroad

@WheresWally sorry, didn't mean for the reply to vague. I didn't realise there's evidence in the public domain of how Todd blames others for people leaving his employment whereas in truth the blame lies closer to home - I assume you infer him. I haven't come across that evidence nor reasons given why players are released being a long way from the truth.

If this is the case then I'm surprised that we are still able to attract high quality players and that those we already have continue to want to stay with the organisation.

I hope this is clearer.

Devil94

@WheresWally sorry, didn't mean for the reply to vague. I didn't realise there's evidence in the public domain of how Todd blames others for people leaving his employment whereas in truth the blame lies closer to home - I assume you infer him. I haven't come across that evidence nor reasons given why players are released being a long way from the truth.

If this is the case then I'm surprised that we are still able to attract high quality players and that those we already have continue to want to stay with the organisation.

I hope this is clearer.

Have you thought perhaps that as we can attract high quality players and that high quality players want to stay with us, that the 'evidence' might not be true..?

SteveKing

Who would have figured that we would have had this kind of drama this early in the season. I have no problem with either viewpoint on what Todd/Lordo should have or shouldn't have done on this one. At the end of the day, though, it is very difficult to completely hold your tongue when as a GM, you have built a career and reputation by treating people the right way. When a couple of disgruntled ex-employees go a little too far in their comments and actions it would be very tough not to blurt something out...especially in this age of very public and instant social media. I've been running my own business for the last twelve years and I know first hand how frustrating it is to have former employees mouthing off. There really is no way of combatting it other than just to keep doing things the right way. I know the whole story behind both Hendo and Kurka and quite frankly I'm proud of Todd for stopping where he did.

I hope Hendo can find happiness playing for the Clan. I'm glad that any perceived damage that came from us not signing him didn't end up costing him an opportunity to play at the same level and for the same pay...and I look forward to playing against him again.

Status
Not open for further replies.