Signings/Departures Thread - All Teams 2023/24

Devils86

FLAMES | Will be completing their roster for 23/24 later today. They currently have a full time roster of 23, so expect a two-way signing unless there will be 4 spares sat in the leisure center seats every game. Not bad for a team who can't afford to travel to Grenoble

BostonBart22

Think flames are well looked after by their rich owners, so flying to grenoble wouldn't be an issue . They came close to the league title last season so don't want a jolly into the conti cup , they will make the lge priority this season .

moggy#9

Think flames are well looked after by their rich owners, so flying to grenoble wouldn't be an issue . They came close to the league title last season so don't want a jolly into the conti cup , they will make the lge priority this season .
But again, if they win the league they won't be allowed into the CHL. I know others have differing opinions, but I've always considered the honour of representing the UK in euro competition, to be the whole point.

I wonder whether Guildford might fall back slightly this year. They took other teams by surprise last season, and as a result gained a lot of momentum. They will be approached with caution early in the coming season, so they'll have to work a lot harder to get on a roll.

Interestingly they were probably a big benefitiary of the devils being so awful last year. They won't get that again this time.

The_Stick_

Personally don’t think the Flames will be anywhere near as good this season compared to last. Think they got a bit lucky with most teams being piss poor last season, and i expect that to change with most of the league heavily improving

Kevin roog

I think we let ourselves down big time last year,i think that’s one of the reasons Guildford overtook us,i never watched the guildford games and thought there was a gulf between us player for player,more so the players couldn’t be arsed and the coach couldn’t make them become less arsed(what literacy and analysis i spout ha ha)

Devils86

HI

How are the teams looking now with the latest signings announced?
Typically as I'm not keeping an eye on twitter for 24-48 hours the Stars decide to announce a couple more! I had thought of doing a break down of each side and how they compare from this season to last but TBH I'm not sure I have the knowledge (or energy to research) using the EP profiles.

But I had thought of a different way of looking at things was to see which sides were heavier/faster this year - which is doable with stats but the 10 sides are currently very similar - might be something I look at soon though.

When I next update, likely to be over the weekend, it'll be like the first update as most Brit packs (apart from Fife!) have been sorted.

Also helps when teams say their business is finished!

Vogon

Fun to speculate though.

What's the situation with Fife and their Brits? Surely most of the likely candidates are signed elsewhere now so do they just play short benched?

kettdevil1

Fun to speculate though.

What's the situation with Fife and their Brits? Surely most of the likely candidates are signed elsewhere now so do they just play short benched?
Chickens and roosting comes to mind..... after years of neglecting their Brits they are now in a situation where they are really struggling to attract any and I suspect they will need to open their chequebook to get someone from the meagre list left unsigned.

A classic example is Reece Kelly, born in the town but now with Glasgow, he should have been given some time, allowed to make mistakes and develop for his hometown team and if treated right, he would provide years of service. Instead he is doing his development elsewhere and in the meantime Fife have a problem on their hands.