Update from Ragan

Pleximan

That is a very good argument there, quite valid points.
I myself have been watching the Devils since '89, I have been a ST the last 5 seasons, and sporadically the odd year or two together in the past. For all the other seasons, I have been a walk up ticket payer, and very rarely missed a game so in those years I would have actually paid more into the Devils ticketing pot than the ST holders at the time.

Now if someone has been watching the Devils since say '06/'07 and they have not been a STH but instead have paid for a ticket game in, game out and rarely missing a game, does this make them a lower priority than a STH who has a discount?

I really am not sure what the answer is here, but I would think that fair accomodation can be made for people in either category. But if a walk up fan pays for their ticket with cash then their details are not recorded like a ST, so difficult for them to argue a case that they go to every/most games, unlike a ST.

Perhaps a way around it would be for walk up fans to retain their used ticket to 'cash them in' under the CDSL/Red Army proposal by PR to get priority seats?
Perhaps just a raw idea that could be developed into a workable concept.

Pleximan

KaneDevils said:
I'm not so sure that ST holders should be given priority to be honest.
Why should a ST holder, say for the last 3 years, be given priority over someone who hasn't missed a game for ten!
there is bound to be loyal die hards who simply can't afford to stump up the cash for a ST for whatever reason.
ST holders save money on games during the course of the season, that IMO is enough. I know it helps the club selling as many as poss, but we'd probably all have one given the chance. I suppose some are luckier than others.
(Not meaning to start a row, just my view) ;)

Pleximan

Well the accomodation was nice and snug, but every time I returned to the cosy leather surround I felt completely spent!

shoes_off said:
Pleximan said:
I have been a ST the last 5 seasons
Wow what did it feel like being transformed into a piece of plastic and stuffed into a wallet for 5 years?! :lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist that :mrgreen:

KaneDevils

Pleximan said:
That is a very good argument there, quite valid points.
I myself have been watching the Devils since '89, I have been a ST the last 5 seasons, and sporadically the odd year or two together in the past. For all the other seasons, I have been a walk up ticket payer, and very rarely missed a game so in those years I would have actually paid more into the Devils ticketing pot than the ST holders at the time.

Now if someone has been watching the Devils since say '06/'07 and they have not been a STH but instead have paid for a ticket game in, game out and rarely missing a game, does this make them a lower priority than a STH who has a discount?

I really am not sure what the answer is here, but I would think that fair accomodation can be made for people in either category. But if a walk up fan pays for their ticket with cash then their details are not recorded like a ST, so difficult for them to argue a case that they go to every/most games, unlike a ST.

Perhaps a way around it would be for walk up fans to retain their used ticket to 'cash them in' under the CDSL/Red Army proposal by PR to get priority seats?
Perhaps just a raw idea that could be developed into a workable concept.

Pleximan

KaneDevils said:
I'm not so sure that ST holders should be given priority to be honest.
Why should a ST holder, say for the last 3 years, be given priority over someone who hasn't missed a game for ten!
there is bound to be loyal die hards who simply can't afford to stump up the cash for a ST for whatever reason.
ST holders save money on games during the course of the season, that IMO is enough. I know it helps the club selling as many as poss, but we'd probably all have one given the chance. I suppose some are luckier than others.
(Not meaning to start a row, just my view) ;)
STH are special Plexi, didn't you hear. They all live on a Golden Yacht
With PR :D

jimmy snels

how would u suggest the club reserves the seat of someone they're not sure is turning up?!?! this is a silly argument really but surely current season ticket holders would quite obviously have a seat of their choice in the new arena as long as they carry on paying? if you turn up every week and don't have a season ticket whilst its 0% interest..... d'oh!

Sheincar

Tell you what KaneDevils - imagine what sort of team you'd have if STH didn't pay out their money up front year after year. Live on a Golden Yacht- you're having a laugh!!!

Sheincar

Sheincar said:
Paul Sullivan said:
Which is why I said they should be in the public domain.

However if something *is* that obvious and fans really want the answer then asking the question directly might help. Repeatedly criticising - however justified - will simply engender a trench mentality in some cases.

Not defending here, merely pointing out that the 'you answered these questions (jerseys, price increases etc) what about these' posts could only serve to further negativity . If the answer is desired that much it would be sought from the source, would it not?

Once again I agree with you that this information would be useful and should be public. However if the folk running the club have missed something there are two options:

Ask them for the info

Have a go about their mistake.

The first might get the answer, the other arguably vents the spleen and no more.
It might get the answer but so far it hasn't. Am I surprised - not in the slightest.
Extract of reply as sent from PR:

1. 27th game is 1/11 CC vs. Hull
2. No know mini ST but you can buy 6 Flex Tickets for the price of 5 - £85 discounted from £102 (ST however remain the cheapest form)
3 Challenge Cup prices are the same as walk up this season, £17 Adult / £11 Concession / £6 Child - this is necessary to retain prices for STH at the lowest rate and to invest in a strong team
4. The cost for the DCF Fundraiser on 2nd September is reduced, from memory it's £10 / £8 / £4...but you will need to check with Planet Ice

It actually works out ever so slightly cheaper to buy sets of flex tickets at the current "6 for 5" offer than a season ticket does. You can buy as many sets as you like. Plus I always miss at least 3 games when we go on holiday so will probably be buying 4 packs - 24 games which allows me to miss the games I won't be able to go to and saves that money I would spend if I bought a season ticket.

Forgive me if I've understood this all wrong, but there seem to be non-season ticket holders on here, with very valid reasons for not having a season ticket (upfront costs, unable to make enough games to make a ST worthwhile, etc) who want to be given priority in picking seats in the new arena - Does that mean that your valid reasons for not being a season ticket holder will change when we move to the new arena, and you will become ST holders...?
If not, why is this being argued? - If you'll remain a non-season ticket holder, you don't get to pick a seat until you buy your walk-up ticket anyway...

From what i can make out, the issue appears to be that CDSL members get to pick their seats 1st and foremost before the 'only' STH get their choice of seat and that is where the issue lies right???

If that is the case then i have a few questions,

1. Presumably the members of CDSL ("Red Army") that will get to choose their seats are also STHs?? otherwise you cant pick a seat that may be empty half the time surely? And in which case sure the CDSL members deserve to pick their seats 1st as not only have they paid for their season tickets like all other STH but also paid to be a part of CDSL and thus invested more in the club?

2. If current STH that are not CDSL members are really that fussed about getting 1st seat choice then why not just sign up to join the CDSL? Presumably it is worth the dosh if your choice of seat is that important to you?

Of course i may have got my understanding of the situation completely wrong, in which case could someone please clarify?

DevilDom

Flameboy86 said:
And in which case sure the CDSL members deserve to pick their seats 1st as not only have they paid for their season tickets like all other STH but also paid to be a part of CDSL and thus invested more in the club?
Genuine question as I dont know but do CDSL membership fees go to the club? I always thought CDSL prided itself as being independent of the club.

Ocko

Is there really going to be that much of a demand that people arent going to get decent seat? We sell about 500-600 season tickets and the new rink will hold about 300... so even if you are the very last season ticket holder to purchase a ticket you will still have about 2500 seats to choose from... I'm sure you will find a decent enough seat, especially as the rink is many times better than the BBT.

We have such a whiney bunch of fans, everyone is always looking to gain something more than the next fan or be more in the know. Ive bought season tickets just to save a bit of cash and to have a consistent seat where I can see the ice. I've never given a monkeys about any other benefits hence why I have never joined the supporters club.

Have Hope#35

Ocko said:
Is there really going to be that much of a demand that people arent going to get decent seat? We sell about 500-600 season tickets and the new rink will hold about 300... so even if you are the very last season ticket holder to purchase a ticket you will still have about 2500 seats to choose from... I'm sure you will find a decent enough seat, especially as the rink is many times better than the BBT.

We have such a whiney bunch of fans, everyone is always looking to gain something more than the next fan or be more in the know. Ive bought season tickets just to save a bit of cash and to have a consistent seat where I can see the ice. I've never given a monkeys about any other benefits hence why I have never joined the supporters club.
I've been watching this debate from afar as i'm not a season ticket holder... Primarily due to the fact that I can't make every game unfortunately! But it's taken 75 posts for someone (Ocko) to hit the nail on the head... If we hit the 1000 ST holders by 2014 as Ragan wants to then do our fans really think that there's going to be 2000+ Seats that offer a poor view? Of course not... More often than not I stroll up on the day of a game and still get to sit within a few rows/seats of my desired location!

And as for the people who want all the added perks for nothing... Do they not realise the financial strain of running an EIHL Club? I'm more than happy to pay my extra £2 per game in order to see the club through another 25years!!!

DevilDom said:
Flameboy86 said:
And in which case sure the CDSL members deserve to pick their seats 1st as not only have they paid for their season tickets like all other STH but also paid to be a part of CDSL and thus invested more in the club?
Genuine question as I dont know but do CDSL membership fees go to the club? I always thought CDSL prided itself as being independent of the club.
CDSL is independent, but all money made is put back into the club/DCF. So membership fees wouldn't be paid direct to the club, for example, but still helps to support the club.