Update from Ragan

jimmy snels

how difficult would it be to get a player of the fans choice to come and have a photo with the STH for nothing and get say, G or max to ring up the STH before the end of the season to say thanks for the support, quick chit chat etc. to make the fan feel special ? and to even say that us as STH shouldn't get preference of seats at new rink is utter bollox. we've supported the club financially and guaranteed payments in a stupid tent and should get the benefit of seat choice

KaneDevils

Perhaps any thoughts about wether you should get this perk and/or that perk should be taken up with the club?
I would love to be able to go to every game as I'm sure lots of others would too. Consider yourself lucky I say!
As a STH you get to go to every game and make a good saving during the season, rightfully so. If that doesn't make you feel special enough or you think you deserve more, then try and do something about it. Or, to use your direction of thought, if you feel neglected in some way then pay on the door like the majority do.

Just dont forget us average Joe fans that still buy tickets every week.

some of us dont have season tickets but still contribute and should not be forgotten

Wannabe2

KaneDevils said:
Perhaps any thoughts about wether you should get this perk and/or that perk should be taken up with the club? I would love to be able to go to every game as I'm sure lots of others would too. Consider yourself lucky I say! As a STH you get to go to every game and make a good saving during the season, rightfully so. If that doesn't make you feel special enough or you think you deserve more, then try and do something about it. Or, to use your direction of thought, if you feel neglected in some way then pay on the door like the majority do.
Theres a big problem with that mate, if everyone paid on the door then this club wouldnt exist, at least not on the Elite league. Every fan is very very important to any club and rightfully so, i actually buy 3 season tickets and find it very hard to do so, plus i miss a minimum of 6 home games x 2 as the lad still goes, thats 12 games in reality so thats my saving gone, but i like my seat and it helps the club. I dont believe in having social events for just season ticket holders as i think that allianates fans and that cant be good. But i also believe that people who put there hard earned cash up front should get some benefits, no way will you please all the people at the same time thats a fact, but people in charge should sit down and think of things that people would like as long as it doesnt come at a high cost to the club as that would be detrimental to the club. Its a tough call but there has to be a answer somewhere.

your all missing the point STH ho;lders were losing our door now we have to go in by the shop noooooooooooooo what has this world come too :shock: :? :x

osh

I think Wannabe2 has made a very good point about more consideration before this latest press release. I think the club should have sat down with a panel of fans ( something I had suggested months ago ) the panel could have asked fans about their wishes, informed the club, and I think this latest debate would have been avoided. A bit of a public relations gaffe by our leader despite the good points he has mentioned also. As for sth losing their door, must be a reason, perhaps others were taking advantage of a lack of security and therefore losing money.

KaneDevils

Wannabe2 said:
KaneDevils said:
Perhaps any thoughts about wether you should get this perk and/or that perk should be taken up with the club? I would love to be able to go to every game as I'm sure lots of others would too. Consider yourself lucky I say! As a STH you get to go to every game and make a good saving during the season, rightfully so. If that doesn't make you feel special enough or you think you deserve more, then try and do something about it. Or, to use your direction of thought, if you feel neglected in some way then pay on the door like the majority do.
Theres a big problem with that mate, if everyone paid on the door then this club wouldnt exist, at least not on the Elite league. Every fan is very very important to any club and rightfully so, i actually buy 3 season tickets and find it very hard to do so, plus i miss a minimum of 6 home games x 2 as the lad still goes, thats 12 games in reality so thats my saving gone, but i like my seat and it helps the club. I dont believe in having social events for just season ticket holders as i think that allianates fans and that cant be good. But i also believe that people who put there hard earned cash up front should get some benefits, no way will you please all the people at the same time thats a fact, but people in charge should sit down and think of things that people would like as long as it doesnt come at a high cost to the club as that would be detrimental to the club. Its a tough call but there has to be a answer somewhere.
If everyone paid on the door the club wouldn't exist?
Maybe I haven't expressed my view as clearly as I could of! :)
Sure, I have no objection to STH having "perks" so to speak.
The privilege of attending all home games, whilst saving money and having your choice of seat. Is that not enough? If you feel you deserve more then fine, but again, the only one that can rectify that is the club really.
Talk of meet the player nights out where only STH are invited, sorry but that's plain ridiculous. As Burgy says really.

Paul Sullivan

osh said:
I think Wannabe2 has made a very good point about more consideration before this latest press release. I think the club should have sat down with a panel of fans ( something I had suggested months ago ) the panel could have asked fans about their wishes, informed the club, and I think this latest debate would have been avoided. A bit of a public relations gaffe by our leader despite the good points he has mentioned also. As for sth losing their door, must be a reason, perhaps others were taking advantage of a lack of security and therefore losing money.
I would guarantee that one thing would happen after that was done:

There would be complaints about who was /was not invited and snipes would be made about those 'in the know'.

Not saying it's not a good idea, but there often is no pleasing everyone. Plus forming a panel of people with secret identities would be tricky.

osh

Paul Sullivan said:
I would guarantee that one thing would happen after that was done:

There would be complaints about who was /was not invited and snipes would be made about those 'in the know'.

Not saying it's not a good idea, but there often is no pleasing everyone. Plus forming a panel of people with secret identities would be tricky.

It could be done though and without too much difficulty really. For example, someone could represent each separate identity ( CDSL, The Inferno, Red Army etc etc) they in turn could receive their suggestions from their group and pass them on for discussion at a bi monthly meeting with Mr Ragan.
Paul, I'm trying hard to be constructive here, so, there would be absolutely no hidden or secret identities involved ( how could there be if you were meeting in a group and face to face with Mr Ragan?) I know you would wish to know the identity of every one who posts on here, that's just not going to happen, get over it. Anyone elected could in fact be identified in the programme so as we would all know who to preach with our respective ideas. It's just an idea I think is worth considering.

Wannabe2

I wouldnt have a problem doing it, i also wouldnt have a problem someone else doing it, for those who dont know me i am Glynne and i sit in the front row of block 2, with my horse :lol: :lol: . Would like to see a little harmony, after all we only go forward with everyone reading off the same page. Like most Devils Disciples i only want the best for the club and the fans, we all know everyone wont be happy all the time, but people have to realise this is the best club with the best fans in the Land. Believe me it aint rocket science. ;)

Paul Sullivan

osh said:
It could be done though and without too much difficulty really. For example, someone could represent each separate identity ( CDSL, The Inferno, Red Army etc etc) they in turn could receive their suggestions from their group and pass them on for discussion at a bi monthly meeting with Mr Ragan.
Paul, I'm trying hard to be constructive here, so, there would be absolutely no hidden or secret identities involved ( how could there be if you were meeting in a group and face to face with Mr Ragan?) I know you would wish to know the identity of every one who posts on here, that's just not going to happen, get over it. Anyone elected could in fact be identified in the programme so as we would all know who to preach with our respective ideas. It's just an idea I think is worth considering.
If you read my response you will see I didn't disagree with the idea or its validity, what I said is that even that reasonable suggestion would result in a row. And gave an example of how something reasonable did exactly that previously.

I don't actually need to know the identities of every person on here at all. I know all the folk I wish to know that post here already. You know my stance on the username only scenario. The character of Will McAvoy in Aaron Sorkin's latest show 'The Newsroom' said this about comments on his own forum: 'Anonymity is cowardice'

Simple fact is that there are not, CDSL aside, any elected persons to represent the groups you mention and therefore the fans chosen would be done personally by Club personnel, and that will cause issues for some. Not saying it's right but there it is. Even when forums are arranged only a small percentage attend, and some say a vote there on certain issues wouldn't be fair as they couldn't make it.

It's a very imperfect world in terms of policy change if opinions are looking to be canvassed.

What is needed is not necessarily a panel or a quorum. What is needed is a clear decision making process, with reasons if needed explained, and then crystal clear communication about them. The latest update does a good job in some areas and has raised sensitive questions in others. Hopefully, as I said previously, this will improve in both frequency and clarity and the issues will recede.

Still an optimist after 20+ years of Devils hockey. Clearly something wrong there :D

Chris

Administrator
This was sort of hinted at fairly recently, although I can't remember which groups were mentioned I know we (The Inferno) were.

The last PR about it though was either worded horribly or what, but it mentioned things that no one had approached me or James about and mentioned if I recall correctly, things either having our backing or going ahead...

It's been completely quiet since then understandably, probably with tying up the team and sorting other things out, but maybe we'll hear something soon!

Ger-Devils

The whole thing about Supporters club members getting first dibs on new seats in the new rink is no where near confirmed- it's open for discussion and nothing will be finalised for a while.

I have a season ticket,and you know what, all I expect from the club is a seat on match night.
I think the fact that tickets have gone up is a good thing in that,we all expect G to sign a side that can compete,he cant do that without money.
If anything a season ticket is now of more value.

Sheincar

Paul Sullivan said:
Which is why I said they should be in the public domain.

However if something *is* that obvious and fans really want the answer then asking the question directly might help. Repeatedly criticising - however justified - will simply engender a trench mentality in some cases.

Not defending here, merely pointing out that the 'you answered these questions (jerseys, price increases etc) what about these' posts could only serve to further negativity . If the answer is desired that much it would be sought from the source, would it not?

Once again I agree with you that this information would be useful and should be public. However if the folk running the club have missed something there are two options:

Ask them for the info

Have a go about their mistake.

The first might get the answer, the other arguably vents the spleen and no more.
It might get the answer but so far it hasn't. Am I surprised - not in the slightest.