Update from Ragan

Re: Update from Regan

Apart from some typos(!) a decent article - I'm all for open communications and updates. Well done PR's PR team! A little bit on Flex tickets and partial-season tickets would be useful in the future?

One question in relation to the new stadium/arena/rink and how the 'Red Army' will be first to get in and choose their seats - are STH automatically classed as 'Red Army' members or do they have to join??? :?:

If they are automatically members ignore the next part!!! :DWD

If they are not members, surely they should get first choice on seats in the new rink as I am sure many have a position they favour and as such commit to a whole season in that spot? By purchasing season tickets they have been critical in helping keep the club going and as such should be rewarded for their loyalty?? Some have been going for years and I think it would be very unfair for somebody with a car sticker or membership number to have priority over an avid fan. Discuss.... :twisted:

As I said, if STH = member then ignore this and pass me the humble pie to scoff! :DWD

James

Administrator
Baz-lar, reading that it does indeed seem to suggest Red Army members will get preferential treatment over season ticket holders. It also confuses me, is CDSL being re-branded as 'Red Army' ?

Hynod

James said:
Baz-lar, reading that it does indeed seem to suggest Red Army members will get preferential treatment over season ticket holders. It also confuses me, is CDSL being re-branded as 'Red Army' ?
Also I see that he mentioned

I also intend to discuss subsidised travel schemes
Where does this leave Red army travel?

mazza03

Having been a STH since 1991 sitting in the same (almost) location I would expect to have first choice of seating ;)

Earnie

Indeed STH should have first option at the new rink seating and CDSL after that. I am sure a lot of STH are also members of CDSL - self included.

It would seem from the PR article than Red Army and CDSL are the same thing?

mazza03 said:
Having been a STH since 1991 sitting in the same (almost) location I would expect to have first choice of seating ;)
I agree. STHs should get the priority on that one.

As for the STH door, I think it's a good idea to change it. They did seem to get a bit lax on watching how many people were coming through the doors last year.

I think he's answered a couple of my questions and it's nice to see that they do listen to the fans occasionally! (see the bit about the shirts) :)

Koop11

Thread starter #11
SH should certainly get priority over CDSL (Red Army?) members.

Interesting nobody has mentioned the rise in ticket prices.

Think i'm right in saying the CDSL only costs around £10 a year to join? if so I would not mind paying that for first choice on seats at the new stadium plus I think last season the cost included the chance to go and watch a practice session and discounts on CDSL events.

Cost may change this year if re-branded to "Red Army" with more attached to it but guess will see as more news comes out :)

DevilDom

When did CDSL become the Red Army or is that just what PR has chosen to call it?

I might be opening a can of worrms here but I wouldn't be very happy if as a Season ticket holder, CDSL members were given priority over me. Why not members of Red Army Travel or any other independent groups of fans?

Earnie

If PR reads this forum we need two answers:

1 Will Season Ticket Holders take priority over CDSL/Red Army in
the new arena seat selection?

2 In your eyes is CDSL and Red Army the same thing?

KaneDevils

I'm not so sure that ST holders should be given priority to be honest.
Why should a ST holder, say for the last 3 years, be given priority over someone who hasn't missed a game for ten!
there is bound to be loyal die hards who simply can't afford to stump up the cash for a ST for whatever reason.
ST holders save money on games during the course of the season, that IMO is enough. I know it helps the club selling as many as poss, but we'd probably all have one given the chance. I suppose some are luckier than others.
(Not meaning to start a row, just my view) ;)

Sheincar

DevilDom said:
When did CDSL become the Red Army or is that just what PR has chosen to call it?

I might be opening a can of worrms here but I wouldn't be very happy if as a Season ticket holder, CDSL members were given priority over me. Why not members of Red Army Travel or any other independent groups of fans?
For one thing the money CDSL raises goes to club/DCF. When does Red Army Travel profits go?

TheStub

ST holders also give their money to the club in advance, and are therefore important to the club. Starting to mark out classes of fans is dangerous, but STH should get some benefits.

If anything, it would drive ST sales in the seasons before the choosing.

James

Administrator
Sheincar said:
For one thing the money CDSL raises goes to club/DCF. When does Red Army Travel profits go?
I'm sure Red Army Travel can answer better than I but I believe they are sponsoring a player next year and also sponsoring a fan forum/website around these parts.